BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok another barrel question for everyone, has anyone used Denny's SPR-M barrel?  Basically I'm just worried about proper distance for the OPS Inc Collar, just trying to make sure I won't have any problems once I get the can for it.

I'm leaning towards Denny's barrel but otherwise I'll go with the 18" Kreiger barrel that JTac sells.  Any input would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost 100% positive that the step is already there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I know the step is there he has photos of an ops inc setup on one of the barrels.  I'm just worred ever since it was brought up earlier in the thread about proper thread engagement since some barrel's seemed a bit different.  I'll probably just order one anywhoo since I really would prefer the Ion bond compared to just the gun kote finish.
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah I know the step is there he has photos of an ops inc setup on one of the barrels.  I'm just worred ever since it was brought up earlier in the thread about proper thread engagement since some barrel's seemed a bit different.  I'll probably just order one anywhoo since I really would prefer the Ion bond compared to just the gun kote finish.

The barrels are the SAME.... The PRI flip front sight is what was a bit longer and caused the problem on the Mk12Mod0 builds.
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah thats what I figured but certain dealers would say that there barrels had the "correct" spacing for it while others didn't.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Any one know if the gas hole size is the same as the original Gene Barnett SPR barrel?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys got me to start a Mod0 build now as if the Mod1 build was not enough
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the can in.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys, I'm looking to do a build similar to an MK12.  

Will an ARMS #38 SPR rail fit a YHM Smooth Rifle Free Float Tube (YHM-5005)?

I asked in the general discussion forum and no one seemed to know.  I'm not sure how the rail attaches to the forearm, so I'm not sure if it would fit or not.  Anybody know?  Thanks.

Got my question answered in the other forum here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=384256&page=1

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#12]
ALSO, what screws are needed to attach the ARMS 38 rail to the PRI tube, I have the Rail, but don't know if any other screws are needed to attach it to the tube or is is just a slip over?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ALSO, what screws are needed to attach the ARMS 38 rail to the PRI tube, I have the Rail, but don't know if any other screws are needed to attach it to the tube or is is just a slip over?

Thanks.

THE ARMS SPR RAIL IS $200 OF EXPENSE AND 12 OUNCES OF DEAD WEIGHT THAT YOU SIMPLY DO NOT NEED. GET A LAURE SPR SCOPE MOUNT, INSTEAD.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES

Shush, it looks cooler.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

THE ARMS SPR RAIL IS $200 $125 OF EXPENSE AND 12 OUNCES OF DEAD WEIGHT THAT YOU SIMPLY DO NOT NEED. GET A LAURE SPR SCOPE MOUNT, INSTEAD.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES

Fixed for you.

The LARUE RAILS and LARUE SCOPE Mount will go on my "Recce" Build, My 458SOCOM Builid, and My AR10 Build.

I need the ARMS rail for my Mk12Mod0 build.  It would not be a Mod0 build otherwise
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

THE ARMS SPR RAIL IS $200 OF EXPENSE AND 12 OUNCES OF DEAD WEIGHT THAT YOU SIMPLY DO NOT NEED. GET A LAURE SPR SCOPE MOUNT, INSTEAD.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES

Shush, it looks cooler.

Cut me some slack, I am building historical clones,

Do anyone know what screws I need for the Rail?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES

Shush, it looks cooler.

I have my LaRue billet upper + PRI Tube + ARMS Swan sleeve sitting 5 feet from me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES

Shush, it looks cooler.

I have my LaRue billet upper + PRI Tube + ARMS Swan sleeve sitting 5 feet from me.

I give up. bigbore, you have email inbound, at least he is helpful.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Got the can in.
i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/DDN79/Picture202.jpg

how do you like that scope?
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I really like the look of the Mod 0 with the swan rail.  

Does anyone have a picture of the underside of the ARMS #38 SPR rail?
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I really like the look of the Mod 0 with the swan rail.  

Does anyone have a picture of the underside of the ARMS #38 SPR rail?

If the YHM rail you have has the rail at the same height as the Upper receiver the Swan Sleeve will fit FINE, I just tried it on My KAC RAS M5 and it fits fine.

I will snap a picture

Quoted:
Ok, just out of curiousity, can anyone post a picture of the underside of a 38 SPR PEQ- 2-3 rail?

Is there anything that would prevent the swan rail from sitting over a full length rail on a YHM?

To answer this quote from the other thread you started, you can install the ARMS rail on the YHM rail BUT you have to slide it on from the REAR of the UPPER reciever toward the front, But I dont think you will be able to attach it to the forearm.

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#22]
gunnut003, thanks for your help.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate your time in answering my question and taking pictures.  Glad I can put that to bed now.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
with the Kimber....and 95 rounds of 75gr hornady match HP's

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's my Mod1 that I have been reviewing for the past several months. I've been using a Superior Barrels SPR barrel with their Hard Blue process and it's been kicking some serious ass.

-LaRue Stealth Billett upper
-KAC FF RAS, gas block, 600m rear and Rail mounted front flip up sights.
-Superior Barrels 1:7 SPR barrel
-Ops Inc 12th Model Suppressor w/ Brake and collar
-Harris Bipod w/ ARMS mount
-LaRue FUG grip
-RRA Lower w/ KAC trigger
-MAGPUL MIAD grip
-LMT SOPMOD Stock
-USO 1.5-6 SN4 in LaRue SPR mount
-L5 Translucent mags

Also pictured:
-Eberlestock Phantom Pack
-USO Spotter on a crappy tripod (other tripod wasn't handy)
-Esstac EBB chest harness
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#25]
found this pic
ITS NOT MINE (sadly)....it was posted by SMGLee over MP.net if I recall correctly...I hope he doesnt mind if I post it here.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry I have posted this pic already in picture thread, but I just want to keep this wonderful thread alive!

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#27]
So if you put a crane stock on a SPR mod 0 does it become a SPR mod .5?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sorry I have posted this pic already in picture thread, but I just want to keep this wonderful thread alive!

Sounds good, here's my Mod0 too!

Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Just picked this one up off of the hide.  Have an Ops Inc can on order and need to do the trigger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/jbreamsiii/mk12.jpg
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is mine... DPMS Mk12 with Leupold VarX III 6.5-20X50 with the varmit reticle, Harris Bi-pod. The midwest rear sight wouldn't fit with the current scope set up so I just took it off.

I've only got about 200 rounds through it but it sure is a tack driver. Single shot kill on clay pigeons at 350 yds. Can't wait to blow up some prarie dogs with it hat
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/jimcantu/IMG_0257Large.jpg
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Got the can in.
i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/DDN79/Picture202.jpg

how do you like that scope?

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner.  

I love it.  Never had a problem with it.  The MP8 reticle does take some getting use to but I really like it.  It's a little overkill for the rifle, I might move it to another rifle in the future.
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top