BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT
I checked the serial number list in the information section, and found this-

PWA (360) 438-3983
35222 and Below - Pre-Ban (Note:Some lowers are cast not forged. Out of business) Post-ban have a year prefix in the serial number. Rumored to have only sold lowers.

My PWA lower is numbered 455XX.  There seems to be a contradiction... it's over 35222 but it doesn't have a year prefix.  With the AWB sunset it probably doesn't matter, but I would still like to know.

Thanks in advance to anyone with info!
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
PWA s.n. 455XX = well after 9/94

The 35,222 number is/was wrong as was the idea of the year prefix in the s.n.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That data is wrong.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 3:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was figuring I'd hear, but it's nice to have clarification.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What is the correct cutoff serial number?

Link Posted: 11/11/2005 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is the correct cutoff serial number?

There is no guaranteed cutoff number for what was pre-ban because PWA sold only lower receivers. To be exempt from the ban it had to be a complete rifle prior to the date. There is a number cut-off for what could not have been pre-ban. I think it's in the 32,000 range but can't confirm that from memory. Everything higher was shipped from PWA, as a lower receiver only, on or after the date so it could not have met the definition of a semi-automatic assault rifle prior to the date of the ban. Serial numbers below that can not be guaranteed to have been exempt but have the possibility of being exempt depending on their configuration at the time the ban took effect.

To further complicate matters, IIRC not all receivers left PWA in consecutive serial number order so there is a smaller segment of serial numbers that are in sort of a gray area and you'd have to take it on an indivual basis to determine if that receiver had the possibility of being a complete rifle by the date. Fortunately, for most of the country this is no longer an issue.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top