Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2005 1:26:29 PM EDT
Just wondering if any manufacturers currently make lightweight 20" chrome lined 1/7 or 1/9 twist barrels. Also, is there any current manufacture of the A1 length buttstock? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Also, is there any current manufacture of the A1 length buttstock? Thanks.

The CavArms C1 is an A1 length buttstock (with a larger internal space).  Personally I like using the C1's with an A2 buttplate, instead of the rubber-like one that comes with the stock.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt A1 with A2 plate, and Colt 1/7 A1 profile.   Both came that way from the factory, and new in wrap from a seller on this website.      

Link Posted: 10/25/2005 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Danget Kisara... where did you get one of those Pakistan or Indian or whatever contract Colt 1/7 A1 barrels and how do I get one.  NEW IN WRAPPER...UGH...
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Kisara knows all the cool people.... mere mortals could never get those deals.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a tip regarding the CavArms C1 stock.

Purchase it from Tapco (www.tapco.com).  Tapco's regular price is $19.99.  However, they are on sale for $7.99 .

OR, you can purchase from any of the CavArm dealers for the "special buddy" price of $40.00.

Yes, the Tapco C1 is the same damn thing - not similiar - but the same damn thing.  Pee'ed me off that I purchased 2 C1 stocks from the "approved" CavArm dealer for the "special buddy" price of $40 before I tried the Tapco piece for $19.99.

After I recieved my $19.99 sample C1 from Tapco to see if it was identical to $40 one, I examined the Tapco stock under bright light with a magnifing glass.  I compared it to the $40 authentic CavArm stock.  I compared telltale markings similiar to doing a ballastic fingerprint analyzis.  They match.  The Tapco piece IS an authentic CavArm stock.

Needless to say, I purchased many (slight UNDER statement)  of the $7.99 C1 stocks from Tapco while they are on sale.  I recieved them just yesterday.  A C1 stock whore and a Happy Camper !!!!!!

Edited to add - with the money saved, you can purchase a real buttplate, real sling swivel, and real buttplate screws.  CavArms should really stop including these free cheesey "airsoft" accessories (buttplate, sling swivel, and buttplate screws) with their C1 stock.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]
tag for more pics
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Danget Kisara... where did you get one of those Pakistan or Indian or whatever ISRAELI DEFENSE FORCE contract Colt 1/7 A1 barrels and how do I get one.  NEW IN WRAPPER...UGH...

You just have to know the right people...
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Kisara....there's only one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes, the Tapco C1 is the same damn thing - not similiar - but the same damn thing.  Pee'ed me off that I purchased 2 C1 stocks from the "approved" CavArm dealer for the "special buddy" price of $40 before I tried the Tapco piece for $19.99.

Thanks for the heads up... Just ordered 4...

Link Posted: 10/30/2005 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to bring this one back form the dead, but where did you guys get the Colt 1:7 barrels?  PM's welcome if its a secret
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sorry to bring this one back form the dead, but where did you guys get the Colt 1:7 barrels?  PM's welcome if its a secret

Same here
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here

Yeah.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here

Yeah.

+1.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Found the 7.99 stock, I wanted green but for price I take black, Shipping was more than part.

Thanks a bunch.

//
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Shipping was more than part.

Holy smokes, that's crazy!   That's like buying an optic that costs more than the rifle.  

Hey, Y'ALL czech out what came in the mail today!  Rare barrels need rare gas blocks.  LaRue Tactical is the bomb!  Was this their rare Pakistani or Indian .0625" special run?  

Fits like a glove.  Oh no, the color doesn't match 100%... Maybe I should start a new crybaby thread asking what to do  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Colt 16' 1:7 but not a 20 incher. That would be a neat bbl though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How is your bad boy running? Mine runs like a champ.

Runs great, handles like a dream.  I have debated swapping the stock for a Magpul and switching to an ACOG rather than the Aimpoint, but just haven't gotten around to it.  Might add too much weight though
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#21]

with the money saved, you can purchase a real buttplate, real sling swivel, and real buttplate screws. CavArms should really stop including these free cheesey "airsoft" accessories (buttplate, sling swivel, and buttplate screws) with their C1 stock

out of curiousity (since i am building an A1 close clone for my wife, long story) where would you choose to buy the above "proper" parts?  i ask b/c a Cav C1 from Tapco is leading the possibilities right now for the wife's gun.  just barely ahead of a complete A1 w/ trapdoor furniture set from Northridge.

also anyone know the actual length of the screw (upper buttstock screw??) for an A1 that holds the stock in place over the buffer tube?  i have a screw that "might" be an A1 that I picked up today while at a gun show (it was free from the guy i bought my buffer, spring, and buffer tube from, an offer i couldn't refuse) but i don't know for sure and can't find a listed spec.  i know that an A2 screw is highly likely to be an extra 5/8" long, and MY assumption would be that i should not attempt to use the "mystery screw" till i know for sure for fear of possible damage to teh buffer, screw, or both upon firing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

also anyone know the actual length of the screw (upper buttstock screw??) for an A1 that holds the stock in place over the buffer tube?  i have a screw that "might" be an A1 that I picked up today while at a gun show (it was free from the guy i bought my buffer, spring, and buffer tube from, an offer i couldn't refuse) but i don't know for sure and can't find a listed spec.  i know that an A2 screw is highly likely to be an extra 5/8" long, and MY assumption would be that i should not attempt to use the "mystery screw" till i know for sure for fear of possible damage to teh buffer, screw, or both upon firing.

9/16ths inch.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
9/16ths inch.

well that solves that one, what i have is 1 1/8... =A2 i'd say

so where would you folks reccomend for finding the correct screw? (and buttplate assembly as well, in case i decide to get a C1 instead of the surplus set)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#24]
You can get the screw from SAW SALES/Specialized Armament.   Tell 'em you're from AR15.com!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You can get the screw from SAW SALES/Specialized Armament.   Tell 'em you're from AR15.com!

That would get the screw all right!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Oh my, SAW Sales has the MOST professional sales staff and management team in the firearms industry.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my, SAW Sales has the MOST professional sales staff and management team in the firearms industry.  

ok am i missing something here??  smiley content seems to indicate a good deal of sarcasm, and i post here a little too infrequently to get the gag...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok am i missing something here??  smiley content seems to indicate a good deal of sarcasm, and i post here a little too infrequently to get the gag...

nevermind just found their website..... are these guys on crack?? i ain't ever HEARD of a $65 buffer tube,or $250 for an A1 stock+ buffer&guts , what, is it gold plated, does it do my laundry or even some how magicly make my groups smaller??  GD!!  that's just sick  

i'm looking FOR A screw, not to BE screwed.....      lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nevermind just found their website..... are these guys on crack?? i ain't ever HEARD of a $65 buffer tube,or $250 for an A1 stock+ buffer&guts , what, is it gold plated, does it do my laundry or even some how magicly make my groups smaller??  GD!!  that's just sick  

i'm looking FOR A screw, not to BE screwed.....      lol

But, but... that's a genuine COLT screw.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#31]
only been about a month so i'll bring this back since it's something i'm thinking about doing... I've got an A1setup now wiht a 1/12 barrel. Problem is my others are all 1/7.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yano, i have had nothing but what i'd consider fine service from those folks. One lower, one complete upper and a few random parts. Tina's alsways been real easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#33]
In an article in a trade magazine I saw recently, it said J&T was carrying A1 profile barrels.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#34]
J&T?

what twist?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top