BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/28/2005 6:59:16 PM EDT
Anyone heard on the status of the XCR lately?  Are they going to start shipping anytime soon?  I've been on the waiting list since last November.  Determined to get one, come hell or high water!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I havent heard much of anything in about a month from robinson directly, only dealers in the area (Utah where Robarm is located), who have spoken with the man himself, Alex Robinson

One dealer said robinson was commited to an August shipping date, while another suggested that Robarm was going to delay the XCR until they had firm orders for 5000 XCR carbines, and until that number was met Robinson was going to delay, but continue testing and improving the design for a trouble-free rollout.

Dont know if that's true. Just what I heard

I got tired of waiting and picked up an RRA entry tactical to hold me over till the XCR arrives
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a response e-mail saying "Soon"

Who wants to wait for a year and then end up a beta tester?  

The bottom line is that they should be posting updates. The under the radar approach is for the birds and just pisses people off. Reminds me of Top Notch.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm on the XCR waiting list and I have not heard a peep about August.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The XCR will be released immediately after Robinson makes the VEPR folding stock
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they will roll it out when the Shrike ships. Oh, sorry to mention the S word around here as I know that is a touchy subject with some
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Update from their website:

Update 1 August

We will be completely reworking this website the week of August 1 with details for ordering the XCR and finalizing existing orders for the XCR.  We are scheduled to begin shipping the first XCRs at the end of this month.  Please wait for additional details to be posted on this site this week before calling.  Thank you for your patience.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Update from their website:

Update 1 August

We will be completely reworking this website the week of August 1 with details for ordering the XCR and finalizing existing orders for the XCR.  We are scheduled to begin shipping the first XCRs at the end of this month.  Please wait for additional details to be posted on this site this week before calling.  Thank you for your patience.

Beat me too it. I cant wait till this thing finally goes public. Personally my only interest is the SBR model.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:27:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
.....another suggested that Robarm was going to delay the XCR until they had firm orders for 5000 XCR carbines, and until that number was met Robinson was going to delay, but continue testing and improving the design for a trouble-free roll-out.

Not saying this isn't so, but it doesn't make much practical sense

why build a bunch of rifles and continue testing and improving trials? You would likely have to retro-fit all the guns you already prepared.

I am sure Robinson will continue T&E, all good makers do, but I suspect they will roll out what they have to start getting some of that big investment back.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
They dont even reply to my emails and I ordered in Jan.  

There is something to be said about not ramping up customer anticipation.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone want to bet that this might be heading the way of the Shrike
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Could be, but I doubt it.

Why put off the promised ship date until just the end of this month? At that point, they'll either have to shit or get off the pot (so to speak).
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I am SO Glad I got my deposit back from my FFL. As far as I'm concerned, they are saying the same bs they were saying back in April, then May, etc. They stink. I am going to buy one, eventually, when I can get a used one for 700 bucks. After all the mixed press on M96's, you would think they would want to get these things out there & making a good impression. I think they either can't afford the remainder of the production process or they are going to go out of business.
Either way, I've had a blast shooting my DCM with the money I had tied up with that fiasco for months. I supposed "Got on the list" in January as well. What really upset me was the times I called Robinson, they couldn't tell me where I was on the list, never mind when I get a gun. Gimme a break!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got a response e-mail saying "Soon"

Who wants to wait for a year and then end up a beta tester?  

The bottom line is that they should be posting updates. The under the radar approach is for the birds and just pisses people off. Reminds me of Top Notch Ares Defense.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Well they say that their site will be updated with final pricing and order info this week. We'll see. Personally, I dont mind delays if it results in the best overall product. Better that than having a rushed product that needs upgrades every other month
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not trying to defend any one company, but firearm manufacturing can be a tuff business. You can do everything you can to get your part done, but if you contracted part vendors do not come through then your screwed. I'm not saying this is the case with Robinson Arms, but it is a problem with firearm manufacturing. As you see I live in Utah and I have had the opportunity of feeling the XCR and I like it. I will wait for it, I have other guns I can shoot in the mean time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#16]
This could be a make-or-break situation for Robinson as far as their future. And with the reopening of weapons trials, I think they are more focused on getting it right then having to worry about a couple of people getting upset on the internet.

If they get it right the first time, then they also avoid the stigma of the M96 which took multiple tries to get it right.

edit for grammer
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
can anyone confirm scar being reopened because i hear very conflicting information from people that know whats up on both sides.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
can anyone confirm scar being reopened because i hear very conflicting information from people that know whats up on both sides.

I havent heard of SCAR being reopened, but trials to replace the M16 will take place soon and the military is requesting submissions. If  soneone has info about SCAR being opened I'd like to see it
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't be too hard on Robinson.  It must have cost a PILE of money to get this far, and you know as well as I do if he delivers it, and there are still issues he wants to iron out the rifle will be reviewed and every negative will be broadcast which could spell the end of popularity with his weapon.

Microsoft ships software when it reaches about 70% and depend on customers and hackers for that matter to sort out the problems and make them aware of it.  I don't belive this approach is acceptable for a firearms manufacturer as someone could get hurt, or a few negative reviews can throw it into oblivion.  

We have been very patient with magpul, and found it was worth the wait in every case.  We should do the same for ROBARM.  I expect ROBARMs liability insurance would also require independent evaluation reports with stepped proof testing until the thing blew up complete with high speed photography.

My point is there are alot of factors to be dealt with.  Maybe he underestimated the time it would take to get it done.  One thing is certain, after spending the money and time hoping for a crack at SCAR and not getting, ROBARM will be interested in getting some of his investment back through civvie and LE sales, so I doubt it is dead in the water.

I also reflected on my comment the lack of returning emails.  I find it hard to return emails with theamount of interest in my products and we are not manufacturing a cool new rifle,.  He must get this stuff from around the world, and likely has nothing of substance to tell them.  Canadians are banking on the ROBARM offering as being the next non-restricted black rifle and anticipate it worse than we do.

We don't expect as much from the big guys like FN (p90 and 2000) or Sig (550-551-552) or HK, so we shouldn't be too hard on the little guys who struggle out of a labor of love!  The trouble the little guys get into, is they introduce it way to early, but they need to in order to guage interest, etc.  He is paying for very expensive ads in SGN every month.  I assume it will come in the very near future.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Scar has been reopened.  When I visited LW in DC a few weeks ago, I had a chat with them about the requirements letter they got.  They have changed it up a bit.  The last list of requirements grew to be so rediculous, that only a purpose built rifle could compete, and you could hardly build a purpose built rifle as they added and changed the requirements so often.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Scar has been reopened.  When I visited LW in DC a few weeks ago, I had a chat with them about the requirements letter they got.  They have changed it up a bit.  The last list of requirements grew to be so rediculous, that only a purpose built rifle could compete, and you could hardly build a purpose built rifle as they added and changed the requirements so often.

Good news for us. If FN get's shat upon odds are a SCAR style carbine will be sold to the people like the P90 and F2000. I'd like to see the notice though, so I wonder if anyone has it published somewhere

This is sure to make Robinson happy, since they've refined their design and made it better, so hopefully the blank adaptor wont be an issue this time around
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#22]
It seems to me that ROBARM will have a second shot at SCAR.

FN really needs this, their M16A2 contract dies in a month or 2.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#23]
maybe the end of the m16 contract is the reason we are seeing some friendliness toward civilians from them lately.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I still think the blank firing adapter disqualification is BS. The ones responsible for setting up the SCAR trials may be strict, but they're not stupid. I highly doubt they would have gotten DQ'd for such a petty reason. Besides, with the time it's taking, it would appear they had some revisions to do.

I hope we do see both the FN and RobArm entries hit the market eventually. The M96 was a disaster and the VEPR's balance feels like a cynder block attatched to a stick, but if this rifle performs as it's said to, I'm sure they will be successful.

They are a small manufacturer, so give them a little time. That little amount of time could be the difference in you getting a lemon or a champ. If they're not rushing, that means they're doing things right. If they are in fact changing things, it will help me buy one in confidence knowing even more R & D has gone into the XCR to guarantee a high quality product.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I honestly think they (.gov) know what they want prior to trial.  They keep re-writing the reqs until everyone is eliminated except the weapon they want.

I don't know if the BFA thing is true or not, but it seems to me from reading the reqs on the first scar, the only one that could or would be accepted was the FN.  I think they are rethinking this now as they realize the cost savings of an M16 based SCAR.  If M16 based systems offer the same capability and parts interchangability with the M16 like the MGI or LW, they could save a shitload of money.

I think ROBARM made a big mistake not making the XCR a drop on upper.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#26]
"Update 9 August

Our new webiste with XCR online ordering will be up and running by August 13th.  We are taking deposits now for XCR rifles configured with 16" Chrome-Lined Barrels and our new all aluminum folding stock with rubber butt bad and cheek rest.  These will begin shipping in the next few weeks.  Other accessories and options to follow."

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I want the .308...............wait............does it come in .308? post a pic please.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Scar has been reopened.  

Not according to the people on the SCAR program.

Stephen
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I've heard lots of rumors that the SCAR is re-opening, but is there any official word yet?

I highly doubt FN won because of politics. If it were politics, one of the bigger names would have probably won.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I've heard lots of rumors that the SCAR is re-opening, but is there any official word yet?

I highly doubt FN won because of politics. If it were politics, one of the bigger names would have probably won.

You dont get much bigger than FN.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That would be a true statement.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Colt.

I doubt anyone here knows enough to say whether or not politics were involved. Reguardless of it being a BFA or not, RobArm still got DQ'ed for something they goofed on. I still highly doubt SOCOM and it's operatives really give two shits about what politics go into getting a solid weapon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Folding stock...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Colt.

I doubt anyone here knows enough to say whether or not politics were involved. Reguardless of it being a BFA or not, RobArm still got DQ'ed for something they goofed on. I still highly doubt SOCOM and it's operatives really give two shits about what politics go into getting a solid weapon.

In what Universe is Colt anywhere near as large as FN? Colt is a one trick pony that sues or tries to buy its competition to stay alive. The only reason Colt makes the M4 is a judge. Otherwise FN would have taken this line of business long ago

Given their bullshit, strikes, poor management, and almost going belly up more times than anyone can remember, I'm surprised we trust them to do anything at all, especially to make the firearm that protects our soldiers

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Colt.

I doubt anyone here knows enough to say whether or not politics were involved.

Make no mistake, politics are always involved when there's money to be made. Ever see the Pentagon Wars?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Ever see the Pentagon Wars?

Without a doubt one of the scariest movies ever.

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#38]
FACT:  Robinson was DQ for SCAR for no other reason than a stupid failure to include the required BFA in the submission--mind you, the XCR uses the standard M16 BFA...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
FACT:  Robinson was DQ for SCAR for no other reason than a stupid failure to include the required BFA in the submission--mind you, the XCR uses the standard M16 BFA...

Doc,

I know you said to be patient, but can you give us a rough estimate as to when we can expect the LeMas elemental analysis to be published?

Justin
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doc,

I know you said to be patient, but can you give us a rough estimate as to when we can expect the LeMas elemental analysis to be published?

Justin

And what is that?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Colt.

In what Universe is Colt anywhere near as large as FN? Colt is a one trick pony that sues or tries to buy its competition to stay alive. The only reason Colt makes the M4 is a judge. Otherwise FN would have taken this line of business long ago

Given their bullshit, strikes, poor management, and almost going belly up more times than anyone can remember, I'm surprised we trust them to do anything at all, especially to make the firearm that protects our soldiers

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doc,

Justin

And what is that?

It's an in depth analysis of the LeMas Ltd./RBCD "Blended Metal Technology round.  Apparently, it confirms that the LeMas rounds are a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:04:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
FN really needs this, their M16A2 contract dies in a month or 2.  

Also not true.  Their M16A2 contract has been renewed for another 4 years.  They don't make any money on the 'A2 anyway.  They keep their lights on and bills paid with their M240 and SAW.

Stephen
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I could care less about politics. All that matters is that SOCOM gets the quality weapon they were searching for. SOCOM is not BS and they would not buy a weapon unless it was up to their specs. RobArms lost because they goofed. I'm not saying the XCR is not a good weaon, because just like the rest of you, I honestly don't know. I wish RobArms the best with the XCR, but they obviously didn't take the SCAR trials by storm. Reguardless, assuming SOCOM gave FN the win because of politics, is out right rediculous.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Closer and closer. Though I have issues with the stock adding to the cost. That should be part of the base price. That's like selling someone a complete rifle but saying the Bolt is extra

www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow, It's pretty expensive, $1600 for the basic BUIS and Folding Stock.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#47]
1/9 twist
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
So last week, it was $1249 for the rifle with folding stock. Now it's $1299 PLUS $150 for the folding stock?

Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
1/9 twist

+1

Folding stock

Hopefully Vltor or someone will make a conversion kit for the stock...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I want the .308...............wait............does it come in .308? post a pic please.

Not initially, but it will. They're guy who does all the emails was saying that he shoots around moa with it. Could be very cool, but I'm not holding my breath.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top