Good now start selling complete uppers, especially that SBR one
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
cool...you got a fun switch
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I almost thought that you guys forgot about me.  My conversion has been done for a while and was just waiting for the Grenadier rail and ACB.  In fact, I see it in the pic.   Job well done!  You guys are going to eventually get me in trouble.  I feel my wallet burning.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Hah! That's all just special effects and stage props. You raided the local Airsoft shoppe and took all they in stock.....we know.

You guys have to lay off the L-W Kool Aid....there is no such thing as a .499LWR 12" SBR with a happy switch. No....and you can't have mine.

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag, tag and more tag.  My taper pin hole fixture, which is still in the drawing stage looked close to that one.  I may have to go back to the drawing board before I start cutting metal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:18:51 AM EDT
[#11]
There's a lot of shit THAT SHOULD BE BANNED IN THEM THERE PICS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Just to clarify I thought it was the MRS that was referred to as vaporware... is that the MRS or the GP Rail?

I think everybody who has been following the LW story at all realizes that piston conversions have been being delivered for some time now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just to clarify I thought it was the MRS that was referred to as vaporware... is that the MRS or the GP Rail?

I think everybody who has been following the LW story at all realizes that piston conversions have been being delivered for some time now.

Our whole product line has been bashed and doubted at one point or another by somebody somewhere, but you are right that most people are convinced of our gas piston conversions.  And to answer your question, those are just gas piston uppers with GP rails on them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything we build is referred to as vaporware!  The MRS is being geared up to compete in forthcoming military bids and for commercial IP reasons, we cannot release pictures or product for a few more weeks.

ETA till complete uppers are sold to the public?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

MRS uppers, or normal uppers?  Standard gas piston uppers have been for sale for a while.  Some of the short ones in the pictures are just that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I want this whole setup, inventory and all installed into my house!

"..the 44 magnum...the most powerful handgun in the world.  It will take your head clean off.."  Sorry clint.  The .499 BFR will take your torso clean off.

I don't know, looks like it blew this guys face off just shooting it!

Thanks Paul for the pics, info and awesome products!

I going to have to find a way to save up for an SBR using one of your MRS 10.5" uppers! BTW I like your lowers, will they be available separately?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome pics, guys.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Keeps looking better all the time.

Maybe a LW SEBR for 2006....
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thanks Paul for the pics, info and awesome products!

I going to have to find a way to save up for an SBR using one of your MRS 10.5" uppers! BTW I like your lowers, will they be available separately?

Lowers will be available for sale, expect pricing shortly in our industry forum.

Paul,

Let me know when they go on sale as I need one for my demo rifle.

Jesse
Grenadier Precision
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag.

Added to wish list.

Danny
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Paul,

How is the T&E by Doc Roberts going?  Once the "ballistics gelatin crowd" (nothing derogatory) sees his seal of approval, it's over.

Justin
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Dmanit Paul, I got you LaRue and you're running the EOTechs nekkid! *Grrrrrrrrr*
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MRS uppers, or normal uppers?  Standard gas piston uppers have been for sale for a while.  Some of the short ones in the pictures are just that.

I didnt see any SBR piston uppers for sale on the website
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#27]
The website is WAAAY out of date and must be considered to be archival. Paul & Co are mucho busy doing more important stuff like building my vaporware. They would clone Paul but then he would disagree with himself and that would be bad in a room full of NFA stuff. That or they would get on so well that they would get nothign done at all other than mutual admiration.

Anyway....it's all Vaporware, that's why it doesn't appear on the web site. Well actually it does, they're listed under the 5.56 section as the 5.56K-P. Since they are NFA items, it's POA.

Simon
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#28]

The following is a picture of our precision fixture for drilling and reaming the taper pin holes while having perfect 12 o'clock timing. No chance here for FSB cant.

The Monkey's from Milan could sure use one of those
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag and thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#33]
We used the fixture on already drilled FSB's just to correct or confirm FSB timing.  Like Paul said, we had to manually ream those ones.  There is no latitude in the fixture for the hole locations.  It was designed to drill a new barrel and FSB without the holes.  

If the weapon already had taper pins (luckily most didn't) and was severely canted, you are faced with a whole different proposition.  There are other ways to align the piston system on a canted FSB, but Paul to his credit did not want these jerry rigged and left with zeroing problems.  Those people chose to have their barrels replaced in most cases.

I tell you, the variables involved in converting folks stuff was a minor annoyance.  Putting together the K-P's from Pauls own stock parts was much easier.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#34]
LW,
I wish I had been at SCSC when you were testing there.  I heard about it though

Rich
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I had to run to the airport, so we got some trigger time at the beginning of the test fire.  Those guys that were there (with a very nice Mg42 semi auto) didn't look too impressed as 3-4 guys doing mag dumps and bursts into the backstop indiscriminantly pretty much shut down any serious work they were trying to accomplish.  Oh well.

I heard Paul let them shoot both the .499 and the 5.56KP.  I think one of the guys who practices nose to the charging handle learned that might not be a good idea with the .499 on auto.  

The .499 is incredibly controllable and mild, but you must have the butt solid into the sholder as not to absorb the recoil into your face.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#36]
They had 10 mg42s.  And yes, I do not recomend shooting the .499 with your nose on the charging handle.  That he did it on the first shot is understandable, but when his nose was bleeding after 3 rds, he should have stoped.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The website is WAAAY out of date and must be considered to be archival. Paul & Co are mucho busy doing more important stuff like building my vaporware. They would clone Paul but then he would disagree with himself and that would be bad in a room full of NFA stuff. That or they would get on so well that they would get nothign done at all other than mutual admiration.

Anyway....it's all Vaporware, that's why it doesn't appear on the web site. Well actually it does, they're listed under the 5.56 section as the 5.56K-P. Since they are NFA items, it's POA.

Simon

No prices, no buy button. Very simply, how do I buy an SBR upper from these people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Email me at [email protected].  We work out specifics and such, then when it is built, you pay for it, and the UPS man brings it to you.

ETA: sorry our website sucks worse than anything.  We are working on that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Mr. L-W, am I correct in assuming that there is no room between the handguards and the float tube of a NM upper to install your piston/cylinder set?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#40]
What exactly do you mean when you say "free floating the fixture?"

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#41]
tag
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Paul,

How is the T&E by Doc Roberts going?  Once the "ballistics gelatin crowd" (nothing derogatory) sees his seal of approval, it's over.

Justin

We have exchanged e-mails but nothing has progressed further at this stage.  Until we receive specific information, we are unable to forward product for T&E.  I would imagine that he is extremely busy at the moment.  

That is what I understand.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#43]

I think I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Why the fuck won't the first goddamned page of this thread load for me? I've tried twice and it's taken so long BOTH times that it kicked me off line. WTF?!?!?!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow!

Just WoW!!

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What exactly do you mean when you say "free floating the fixture?"

Due to the fact that many of the aftermarket AR producers do not have access to or follow the tolerances set-forth by the Colt TDP it was important to develop a fixture to hold the upper receiver in true vertical while it is being drilled and reamed for the pressed in bushing. The free floating fixture allows these out of spec. uppers to still be used.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#47]
When I referred to a floating fixture, I was referring to the receiver reaming fixture.  note the fixture is in the vice jaws of the mill but the vice jaws are not actually contacting the fixture.  It is really just sitting on the mill table.  If you use a hole as a guide and want to ream it so the reamer is dead center in the hole, you use a floating fixture.  That way if for some reason the reamer enters the pilot hole (which is in this case, the gas tube hole) off center, the fixture will move and the reamer will find the center of the hole.  If it was clamped tightly in the vice jaws, and the reamer hit the hole off center, you may create an oblong hole or an off center hole.  It was designed to just sit on the mill table.  Kevin puts it in the jaws just sitting between them incase the mill grabs something and violently spins it.  It has plenty of room to move but will not run haywire if something went wrong.

This is a new way of thinking in the machining world.  Dave Luke LW's engineer is fond of such fixtures, and I must say they work well.  You could use that fixture with a drill press and still have pretty tight tolerences.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Why the fuck won't the first goddamned page of this thread load for me? I've tried twice and it's taken so long BOTH times that it kicked me off line. WTF?!?!?!

Lots of large pics ABNAK.  You need high speed internet!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Lots of large pics ABNAK.  You need high speed internet!

Abnak if you want to run with the big dogs you got to pay the bones.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top