User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Why would you have your flashlight low like that with a tape switch?  Why do you have a BUIS with no front sight?  SPR are 18" barrels....that looks 20" to me.

Here, are ya happy now? I got a front Troy sight!

I also replaced the Vltor rifle stock with the LMT/SOPMOD. Works much better for me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow! I thought I already contributed to this thread.

Link Posted: 7/9/2005 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll call this one: O.T.!

...but it HAS killed a lot of varmints. Very small furry ones.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Watch out, Chen's figured out the airbrush!!!  Is that the flat dark earth color as well?

Spooky
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is my contribution to thread. Behind is almost one year long project and three finished SPRgeries.

Specs:

Sako hammer forged 18" barrel turned to SPR profile (started as 26" long blanks). .223 Wylde chamber (reamed by Sako Master Barrelsmith) 1/8" twist.

PRI gas block, suppressor collar (thanks for the dimensions Mongo) and Vortex FH. Collar and Vortex I made myself.

Instead of fancy bipod adapters I decided to go KISS route. Adapter is made from stainless steel bolt to fit 1/4" threads on Samson MRFS-R.

Since LaRue products are pain in the ass to get here in Finland I´m still using slightly modified ARMS #38 SPR MOD rail, #22M rings and Leupold M3. This combination adds some weight but it is bearable.

Troy Ind. BUIS fitted with ARMS #38 SPR MOD rail. Though it looks hard to pick up, front sight is easily deployed when needed.

Magpul M93A2 buttstock on Bushmaster LE lower.

Results:

MN

ETA:
Special thanks to
John Feamster
John Holliger
Steve@ADCO
Mongo
Chris R.
and many other ARFCOMmers giving me good tips, do´s and dont´s.
Master Barrelsmith TK
and extra special thanks to Humminbird and ARthur (for your unbelieveable patience )

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here is my contribution to thread. Behind is almost one year long project and three finished SPRgeries.

Specs:

Sako hammer forged 18" barrel turned to SPR profile (started as 26" long blanks). .223 Wylde chamber (reamed by Sako Master Barrelsmith) 1/8" twist.
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/spr_barrels_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bbl_blanks_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bbl_blanks2_s.jpg

PRI gas block, suppressor collar (thanks for the dimensions Mongo) and Vortex FH. Collar and Vortex I made myself.
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/block_collar_vortex_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/heat_treat.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/parked.jpg

Instead of fancy bipod adapters I decided to go KISS route. Adapter is made from stainless steel bolt to fit 1/4" threads on Samson MRFS-R.
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bipod adapter_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bipod adapter2_s.jpg

Since LaRue products are pain in the ass to get here in Finland I´m still using slightly modified ARMS #38 SPR MOD rail, #22M rings and Leupold M3. This combination adds some weight but it is bearable.
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/scope.jpg

Troy Ind. BUIS fitted with ARMS #38 SPR MOD rail. Though it looks hard to pick up, front sight is easily deployed when needed.
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/troyfront.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/troyfront2.jpg

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/magpulm93a2.jpg

Results:
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/sprs.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/3sprs.jpg

MN

ETA:
Special thanks to
John Feamster
John Holliger
Steve@ADCO
Mongo
Chris R.
Master Barrelsmith TK
and extra special thanks to Humminbird and ARthur (for your unbelieveable patience )

Excellent work! Very impressive
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
These turned out nice, didn't they?  BTW, those Larue mounts aren't THAT hard to get...  Here's one of the Sako barreled SPRs, I like it!

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Pcurtis,
     How do you like the GG&G MAD sight?
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Fixed the red X's. Sorry.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Any more?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:42:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the compliments Nick and vice versa, your 6.8(?) looks outstanding!!

Here´s how mine shoots with 69gr and 77gr SMKs. Damn flyers... Bushmaster stock trigger isn´t that great...

ETA: shooting distance was 150 meter / 164 yards, BTW.

69gr Sierra Match King, 1.65g N140, CCI400, TZZ94 (IMI)

77gr Sierra Match King, 1.63g N140, CCI 400, TZZ94.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#16]
This is 3rds. (115gr. SMK) a 100yds:
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Specs:

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/spr_barrels_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bbl_blanks_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bbl_blanks2_s.jpg

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/block_collar_vortex_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/heat_treat.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/parked.jpg

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bipod adapter_s.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/bipod adapter2_s.jpg

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/scope.jpg

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/troyfront.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/troyfront2.jpg

www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/magpulm93a2.jpg

Results:
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/sprs.jpg
www.sniperworld.com/ar/spr/3sprs.jpg

MN

ETA:
Special thanks to
John Feamster
John Holliger
Steve@ADCO
Mongo
Chris R.
Master Barrelsmith TK

That is my favorite SPR pic.

It's BEAUTIFUL!

How hard was it to mill the depression for the Troy front sight?  That looks really smooth by the way.  

Great job bro!

By the way, how hard is it to own FA weapons in Finland?  Can new FA weapons be bought, or is it like the NFA weapons in America?

Justin
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#19]

need to get some more pics of this uploaded to my computer
BTW....Nick that is one sweet 6.8
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#22]
SHOW-OFF!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Specs:

MN

ETA:
Special thanks to
John Feamster
John Holliger
Steve@ADCO
Mongo
Chris R.
Master Barrelsmith TK
and extra special thanks to Humminbird and ARthur (for your unbelieveable patience hr

Thank you building these rifles for us(again)!! What would we do with out your machining skils!? Here

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311801.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/img/311805.JPG
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It's BEAUTIFUL!

How hard was it to mill the depression for the Troy front sight?  That looks really smooth by the way.  

Great job bro!

By the way, how hard is it to own FA weapons in Finland?  Can new FA weapons be bought, or is it like the NFA weapons in America?

Justin

Thank you, thank you

You make me blush...

I made measuring at least five times before milling and it wasn´t that difficult after all.

Possessing of full auto weapons is allowed to collectors ie. weapons has to be registered (as any other firearms).
If applicant doesn´t mention he is going to use them, FA weapons are not allowed to be used with few exceptions.
Permit to use them costs of course and money goes to governments bottomless pit..

To get collector status you have to apply for the status to prove your knowledge about firearms.

It isn´t so easy to get them here in Finland.

MN

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.tinypic.com/a2xc8y.jpg

Not bad! What barrel is that?

MN
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MN

Thanks.

The barrel is a Douglas Premium stainless steel 18.5" SPR contour that I ordered from Dave Dunlap at P.R.I.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MN

Thanks.

The barrel is a Douglas Premium stainless steel 18.5" SPR contour that I ordered from Dave Dunlap at P.R.I.

Thank you

MN
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Haven't posted these in a while.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/762x51/Guns/SPR/SPR_Side2_Sm.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/762x51/Guns/SPR/SPR_Front2_sm.jpg

this is my all time favorite!!  this picture got me wanting one for the longest now. if i ever get around to buying/building one its gonna be modeled after this one!

you are the shizznit m700
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's BEAUTIFUL!

Great job bro!

Justin

Thank you, thank you

You make me blush...

I made measuring at least five times before milling and it wasn´t that difficult after all.

Possessing of full auto weapons is allowed to collectors ie. weapons has to be registered (as any other firearms).
If applicant doesn´t mention he is going to use them, FA weapons are not allowed to be used with few exceptions.
Permit to use them costs of course and money goes to governments bottomless pit..

To get collector status you have to apply for the status to prove your knowledge about firearms.

It isn´t so easy to get them here in Finland.

MN

Ok, I always wanted to know that.

By the way, that milling job on the rail looks like a professional job.

My hat's off to you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#31]
This one's SPRish.  Notice anything different????

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#32]
SHOW-OFF!!!

Really big bullets?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

img359.imageshack.us/img359/1307/ar10cropped7co.jpg

very nice..is that the DD FF ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

img359.imageshack.us/img359/1307/ar10cropped7co.jpg

The round on steroids next to the pistol grip?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Simplydynamic, could you give us some details about the above rifle? Barrel specs, suppressor specs?

What rail system is that? It looks like the top rail is continuous, but it's hard to tell from this angle. It doesn't look like an URX or FF RAS, so what is it?

Am I missing something here or is that a windage knob on the left side of the scope? Did it come like that from the factory (USO custom scope or something) or is it just rotated 90 degrees? I like the idea, though.

Any other pics of the same setup that you could share?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Because in Finland every firearm have to have number for the gun permits. ...This was laser ecthed to my barrel today.. http://www.hunt101.com/img/313251.JPG
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img359.imageshack.us/img359/1307/ar10cropped7co.jpg</a>

very nice..is that the DD FF ?

Yep.  DD 12.0 for the AR-10.  I put it together and noticed it is similiar to my Mod 1 SPRish.  Too bad I can't put a custom FH and barrel collar on it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Because in Finland every firearm have to have number for the gun permits. ...This was laser ecthed to my barrel today..
www.hunt101.com/img/313251.JPG

AHHHH- Good Choice.  I love Bank Gothic Md BT...

Simplydynamic has a YHM Lightweight FF forend.  That is an Opsinc Suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Guess I can add my contribution.
This is the very first AR I purchased (the one that started the disease). Rock River Arms flat top.
Loved this rifle to begin with.
It's a work in progress. I'm upgrading as I go. Next on the list is either and upgrade in optics, or a free float.Using a YHM 2-pc right now.
SPR grip,VLTOR A2 and YHM front flip up from DEL-TON.
Scopes just an old BSA I had laying  around but it does pretty good.
Well here's a couple pics.

Love that BETA. Easy way to shoot for a while at the range.

And here's an up close of the receiver.
Magpul trigger guard, KNS pins.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got my on Thurs from JTAC.  

Jason does nice work!!  

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#44]
This is a dumb question I'm sure but what makes a "SPR" rifle?

Awesome looks ARs by the way!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This is a dumb question I'm sure but what makes a "SPR" rifle?

Awesome looks ARs by the way!

There are a couple military standard versions, and then there are the various renditions you often see.  I tried to make my as close to one of the military versions as possible, the buttstock being one of the few exceptions.  Others customize to their taste/budget.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I just had my SPR out to the range today for a little session.  I was using 77 gr. seconds from Black Hills.

I think it is mostly correct for a Mod 0 version.  The bi-pod is not, but it is a Harris on an ARMS quick detach.  Also it is a Stag lower.  

Inside rear scope cover:

G
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
www.tinypic.com/akfl8m.jpg

Nice Touch .
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn those PRI -tubes look good...    
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Here's my WOA built SPR-ISH:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/315526.JPG
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top