Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2005 1:36:21 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a repeat question - I did a search and couldn't find anything about price and there's nothing in equipment exchange that I saw but I'm unfamiliar with the Colt numbering system for their models.  I have an opportunity to buy a genuine complete lower with stock - ready to rock.  This has the "Restricted Military/Government etc. on one side and "AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine Cal. 223 Ser. LBD xxxxxx" on the other.  Complete Colt tactical carbines run around $1500 in these parts but lowers are as scarce as hen's teeth.  I appreciate the help.

John
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Sorry if this is a repeat question - I did a search and couldn't find anything about price and there's nothing in equipment exchange that I saw but I'm unfamiliar with the Colt numbering system for their models.  I have an opportunity to buy a genuine complete lower with stock - ready to rock.  This has the "Restricted Military/Government etc. on one side and "AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine Cal. 223 Ser. LBD xxxxxx" on the other.  Complete Colt tactical carbines run around $1500 in these parts but lowers are as scarce as hen's teeth.  I appreciate the help.

John

No you can get the Colt AR6721 AR15A3 Tactical Carbine for $1295 from SAW.

It's the LE6920s that are going for $1500 and up.

The complete lower w/o stock for the AR15A3 is $399 from SAW That's brand new from the dealer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
DR,

I appreciate the reply.  One of these days someone is going to have to explain the 6721, 6920, etc. Colt numbering system to me.  So, from what you're saying, it looks like $550 with stock would not be a horrible "out the door" price for a complete 6721 lower?  If so, I better buy this thing quick.  Another neat selling point is that this will be a private sale - no paper.  The internet store you recommended would surely have wanted to ship to an FFL.  Thanks again.

John
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DR,

I appreciate the reply.  One of these days someone is going to have to explain the 6721, 6920, etc. Colt numbering system to me.  So, from what you're saying, it looks like $550 with stock would not be a horrible "out the door" price for a complete 6721 lower?  If so, I better buy this thing quick.  Another neat selling point is that this will be a private sale - no paper.  The internet store you recommended would surely have wanted to ship to an FFL.  Thanks again.

John

The "internet store" _Dr mentioned wants $500 for a LE6721 Lower with Colt 4-pos M4 SOCOM stock. Add to that shipping and FFL fees. So compared to that then yes, $550 is not a complete ripoff for a FTF deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DR,

John

No as CGV69 said, that is a good deal. That store wants 550 for one with a stock, that's before shipping and FFL> Just make sure it is all authentic - you want the colt FCG etc.

Oops Am I not supposed to mention the business name?
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
cgv69,

That's great news as I bought it.  It didn't come in a box but it looks absolutely unused and pristine.  I got a RRA flat top carbine upper that fits great on this until I find a cheap Colt upper to buy.  Might be quite a wait.

_DR,

Still a newbie so I'm not sure how you would determine if this was authentic.  I don't know what the Colt FCG is?  

John
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid $275.00 for a brand new stripped AR-15 A3 lower a few months ago.
I thought it was a decent price.
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know what the Colt FCG is.

Fire Control Group
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DR,

John

Not sure where in AZ you are but SAW is in Chandler so you could pick it up in their shop.
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought the same brand new Colt AR6721 Tactical Carbine (no stock) last month from my local dealer here in Nevada for $470 and I bought a Colt A2 stock assy for $80 = $550 total. My dealer got the lowers from AZ.
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting this stuff is coming from Arizona.  I didn't know about SAW in Chandler - good to have close by.  As far as the Fire Control Group (the hammer, trigger, disconect, springs and selector) - how do you determine if they are Colt?  I haven't taken it apart yet - are there marks to look for?

John
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#11]
there is a C on the hammer in my 6721
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Could someone please explain to me how an A3 lower differs from an A2? I always thought they were identical parts--

Edited for bad typing
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#13]
luckypunk,

Looks like a "C" stamped on the side of my hammer too.  Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Could someone please explain to me how an A3 lower differs from an A2? I always thought they were identical parts--

Edited for bad typing

The lowers are the same, identical, functionally and Dimensionally.
Colt does have AR15A3 and AR15A2 marked lowers, which correspond with certain models that differ in barrel and upper receiver receiver configuration, they are the Colt AR6721 and Colt LE6520 respectively. If you are buying your own upper to put on it, there is not difference other than the rollmark, and it does not matter, they are the same.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Gotcha, thanks. Yhis has confused me for a long time, since I have been unable to afford real Colts.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
In Feb. I could get both the 6920 and 6721 for under $900 shipped.  That was very inexpensive considering that Colts were going for considerably more.  I think some complete lowers go for up to $600.

Anything under $550 or so is pretty good, but I keep comparing those prices to that for which I could get a complete rifle and think I should have mortgaged the farm.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top