Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 3:55:54 PM EDT
Anybody ever ordered from these guys? I buddy of mine ordered a bunch of stuff about 45 days ago, got nothing. So he called them about six times, they said they sent the stuff two weeks ago. When he asked them for a tracking number, they gave him a bogus USPS tracking number.

He's having his credit card /bank investigate, and called USPS Inspector General's office to file a mail fraud complaint. Apparently they are not answering the phone now.

I just wondered if anyone else had problems with ASPI Tactical as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I found this...

Sorry. It loks like your friend might be on the right track..
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. It's official. I have found no less than 6 entries on various forums where customers did not get items at all or it took months.

ASPI Tactical are officially a deadbeat vendor.  I tell you, ordering gear on the web is really becoming an iffy proposition.

I fell sorry for ASPI though. Bill will give them hell, even if he has to bring the FTC down on them for mail fraud. I hope they get what's coming to them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a friend in Europe get burned by Mark at ASPI for over $800. I finally had to threaten Mark with legal action and he wrote me a check when I saw him at a gunshow. Luckily the check was good and I wired my friend the money.

ASPI is having financial problems and is running a Ponzi scheme.

Only talk to Mark (the owner). Call and tell them you want to talk to Mark about a training class. That's the only way to get him on the phone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I placed one order and received it in a few weeks, but they charged my CC immediately.  I'm afraid that's reason enough for me not to order from them again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had a friend in Europe get burned by Mark at ASPI for over $800. I finally had to threaten Mark with legal action and he wrote me a check when I saw him at a gunshow. Luckily the check was good and I wired my friend the money.

Only talk to Mark (the owner). Call and tell them you want to talk to Mark about a training class. That's the only way to get him on the phone.

what is this ponzi scheme you speak of?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is this ponzi scheme you speak of?

The jest of a Ponzi scheme is that you pay off early investors with later investors money. Type it into google.com and you will get all the info you need.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

what is this ponzi scheme you speak of?[/quote]

Same thing as Social Security  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
ASPI has no operating capitol. When you place an order your money is being used to purchase products for someone who ordered weeks before you. They can't afford to stock anything. They run into trouble when products are backordered or they have to order a minimum.

My friend ordered an $800 scope. We called the manufacturer and the order had never been placed three months later. In fact that model had been discontinued.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Order a lot of stuff on your credit card.

Wait 10-15 days and reverse the charges with your credit card company for non-delivery.  That will teach him to spend someone's money before taking care of business.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
What I don't understand is how they can stay in "business" so long without some pissed of customer paying them a terminal visit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Visa in EU wouldn't allow my friend to charge back. You're also probably screwed if you use a debit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, took months for them to give me a credit on an item I returned.  Hell, it's a wonder I even got a credt!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
What is the website so I can see it. I dont want to run into it in the future and get caught up .
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:50:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What is the website so I can see it. I dont want to run into it in the future and get caught up .

ASPI WEBSITE

look, but do not buy (unless you want to throw your money away).
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, Bill got his money back from them. They never returned his calls/emails, so he called the CC company with a fraud claim, and they had the money credited back to his card in 10 days.

ASPI Tactical can't stand up to legal action from financial institutions, they just like victimizing unsuspecting individuals with their PONZI scheme.

Only it didn't work this time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]
To tell you the truth, I don't think they are intentionally trying to screw people, I think they just have no idea what the in hell they are doing.

I ordered some stuff from them last year. After about two weeks later I called them and asked where my stuff was. They said it just shipped (yeah, OK, sure...) well about a week later I get a package with about half of what I ordered. So I call them back, they apologize and agree send the rest out ASAP. A week later I get another package with some of the stuff I was missing and some other stuff I already received. At the point I gave up but two weeks later I get another package with more duplicates of stuff I already received. A month after that I get another package!!!

All told I got 2 or 3 duplicates of some of the items that I ordered, but never got any of some of the other things. They just have no clue how to run a business and I'm sure they will be out of business soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]
The ASPI Tactical guys are at all the gushows here in SoCal.  They mainly sell gun cases and other nylon(?) goods at the shows.  I have purchased two cases from them in the past few months.  They look really nice and have a bunch of features, but only cost around $40.

Anyway, after more thoroughly examining my purchases, I know believe that this stuff is strictly AIRSOFT stuff.  All show and no go.  The material is polyester, not ballistic nylon like most vendors of quality goods.  The stitching looks like it will come unraveled with very little provocation.

Link Posted: 11/15/2004 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
To tell you the truth, I don't think they are intentionally trying to screw people, I think they just have no idea what the in hell they are doing.

They have been around since the early 90's. They know exactly what they are doing. They are screwing people and pulling the Ponzi scam.
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Agreed, ASPI has zero operating capitol. The only way the stay afloat is by ponzi scheme. Occasionally this catches up with them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have been around since the early 90's. They know exactly what they are doing. They are screwing people and pulling the Ponzi scam.

Well maybe so but then they need to learn how to be better at it as they sent me more stuff than I paid for. Ponzi scam or not, they aren't going to stay in business long doing that kind of crap.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top