Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2003 3:24:48 PM EDT
AR15.com AK-74 GROUP BUY now in progress !

CampbyBob, krinkfreak and Ohio Rapid Fire have done a fine job of delivering a great value to AR15.com members.  Please follow the link below for pricing and details.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=58235&page=6#bottom

BTW, these are NOT run-of-the-mill production AK's but are being CUSTOM BUILT by Ohio Rapid Fire.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I am glad to see they finally got one of these deals put together. Definitely a nice looking rifle.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am glad to see they finally got one of these deals put together. Definitely a nice looking rifle.  
View Quote

Yeah, the AK guys have been waiting for a while on this one.  (Too bad we can't get a custom AR for $650.00 !)
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
(Too bad we can't get a custom AR for $650.00 !)
View Quote

I'm sure Hesse could put one together for under $650.  [LOL]

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(Too bad we can't get a custom AR for $650.00 !)
View Quote

I'm sure Hesse could put one together for under $650.  [LOL]

View Quote

Now there's a 'no shit statement' !!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Once more for the night shift.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b]AR15.com AK-74 GROUP BUY now in progress ![/b]

CampbyBob, krinkfreak and Ohio Rapid Fire have done a fine job of delivering a great value to AR15.com members.  [b][size=2]Please follow the link below for pricing and details.[/size=2][/b]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=58235&page=6#bottom[/url]

[b]BTW, these are NOT run-of-the-mill production AK's but are being CUSTOM BUILT by Ohio Rapid Fire.[/b]

5sub
View Quote

Yep....and instead of a real AK they have chosen to go with a sub-AR caliber. That's the whole point of being into AK's.......go with a caliber even smaller than the AR......way to go guys.....nice choice. I'll make some nice lace ammo pouches for ya......your date for the night might be impressed enough to give you an honest to gosh reach around.

When are you going to anounce the special edition Gamo rifle?

Seriously......AK is AK.....An AR AK is cheaper than a real AR I know but......where is the pride? Where is the real AK??????????????
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[b]AR15.com AK-74 GROUP BUY now in progress ![/b]

CampbyBob, krinkfreak and Ohio Rapid Fire have done a fine job of delivering a great value to AR15.com members.  [b][size=2]Please follow the link below for pricing and details.[/size=2][/b]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=58235&page=6#bottom[/url]

[b]BTW, these are NOT run-of-the-mill production AK's but are being CUSTOM BUILT by Ohio Rapid Fire.[/b]

5sub
View Quote

Custom built!!!!! Yall are going out of your way to build a rifle too inaccurate to kill a squirrel, too small a caliber to reliably kill a human, and illegal to kill a deer in most states, and this is for mo money. Of course it's custom built........you would go broke trying to build it commercially!!!!!

If you are going to build a special edition AK it is dumb, dumb, dumb to not build it as a 7.62x39. The whole point of the AK is.......never mind.......computer OCD strikes again.......sigh!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Snark1, normally if you are going to attack something you should at least know what you are talking about. Maybe you should go and do some research into why the Russians switched to the 5.45 in the first place.

This rifle project has been discussed for many years around here, and the caliber debate has already been gone over. I would be willing to bet that one reason for this choice was that it would be easier to secure AK74 parts kits for this project, then it was AK47 parts kits. Either way the rifle is still going to be a nice rifle no matter what caliber it comes in. If you don't want to buy one, well spend your money on something else. But don't come on here attacking something when you have no idea of what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#10]
All,

Here is some information on the Special Edition AK-74 being produced for Team AR15.COM

This is what the rifle will look like:

[img]www.ohiorapidfire.com/photos/SEAK.jpg[/img]

Specifications are as follows:

[b]Rifle:[/b]
- Brand New Bulgarian AK-74 5.45 Kit
- Side Rail Scope Mount
- RSA Fire Control Group (3 US Parts)
- RSA Gas Piston (1 US Part)
- US Pistol Grip (1 US Part)
- Ohio Ordnance Receiver (1 US Part)
- Bulgarian Muzzle Brake (Tack Welded)
- Bulgarian Black Polymer Furniture
- Magazine, Black Polymer Slabside
- Sling
- Cleaning Kit
- Bayonet
- Manual
- Hardcase

[b]Cost:[/b]

$650 (Team AR15 Members Only)
$700 (Non Members w/$50 going to support AR15.COM)

Deposit will be 50 percent of the cost of the rifle.  If you decide to cancel after production begins, the cancellation fee will be half of the deposit.

Payment can be made by Cash, Credit Card, Money Order, or PayPal.

Note: Cost includes shipping to your FFL.

[b]Appearance:[/b]
Ohio Rapid Fire "BLARK" Finish.  This finish is a durable Blued/Parkerized Finish.

[b]Options:[/b]
This was discussed, debated, and beat to death.  In order to keep production times short and costs to a minimum, it was decided the rifle will come as a standard AK-74.  

[b]Engraving:[/b]

Bolt Carrier Side below front trunnion will tentatively be engraved with:

AR15.COM
SPECIAL EDITION AK-74
001 OF 500

Note:  Final "total" number of weapons to be produced has not been decided at this time, and will be determined by total number of individuals desiring a weapon

Opposite side of Bolt Carrier below front trunnion will be tentatively engraved with:

MANUFACTURED EXCLUSIVELY
FOR TEAM AR15.COM

Note:  Both engravings are tentative and we are still open to suggestions from all of you.  Final engraving will be determined by Team AR15 Members.

[b]Warranty:[/b]
1 Year on Entire Rifle from Date of Shipment

[b]Production Timeline:[/b]

The first batch of can begin shortly after kits arrive at Ohio Rapid Fire.  The tentative start date is 1 Dec 03, with units shipping on or about 31 Jan 04.

Instant Message me if you want a rifle so I can get an idea of how many rifles will be in the total production number.  I will reply back to you to let you know I received your input.

Do it now, regardless of whether you want to be in the first batch or last batch.

Thanks,

KF
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's the whole point of being into AK's.......go with a caliber even smaller than the AR......way to go guys.....nice choice.

View Quote

THANK YOU SNARK for the kind comments !!

5sub
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Snark1

MO,  USA
View Quote

He really knows what he is talking about...
[toilet]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I am planning on getting one of these SEAK rifles in the beginning of the next year if they do a second run. The AK74 style rifles are a lot of fun and I definitely don't think you can go wrong owning one.

I already own one rifle in this caliber and am looking forward to getting another one.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19537[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19538[/img]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Snark1, normally if you are going to attack something you should at least know what you are talking about. Maybe you should go and do some research into why the Russians switched to the 5.45 in the first place.

This rifle project has been discussed for many years around here, and the caliber debate has already been gone over. I would be willing to bet that one reason for this choice was that it would be easier to secure AK74 parts kits for this project, then it was AK47 parts kits. Either way the rifle is still going to be a nice rifle no matter what caliber it comes in. If you don't want to buy one, well spend your money on something else. But don't come on here attacking something when you have no idea of what you are talking about.
View Quote

Oh Hell VA-Gunnit...I do know what I'm talking about. I know my own opinion and I know what the original AK was chambered for.....nuff said. I'm pissed and I have a right to speak out about it. OK????? The 5.45 is an inferior round and the ammo available here for it makes it even more inferior. The gun can't make up for the ammo....caliber or quality. You all are excited about this and I can see why but don't let your enthusiasum get in the way of a piss poor choice. Gun choice nazism by "GURU" is still nazism. A sub-caliber, sub-AK, Yugo is a Yugo, is a Yugo, is a Yugo. BEEP BEEP!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the whole point of being into AK's.......go with a caliber even smaller than the AR......way to go guys.....nice choice.

View Quote

THANK YOU SNARK for the kind comments !!

5sub
View Quote

You are more than welcome!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Snark1

MO,  USA
View Quote

He really knows what he is talking about...
[toilet]
View Quote

Yep.....my first post here was the day I was born......no other life experience need apply.....typical internet/playground snobbery. Hey, my apologies.....I'm just sorry the SEAK isn't chambered for 17HMR. Now THAT caliber would really put the Russians ahead of us.[LOL]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh Hell VA-Gunnit...I do know what I'm talking about. I know my own opinion and I know what the original AK was chambered for.....nuff said. I'm pissed and I have a right to speak out about it. OK????? The 5.45 is an inferior round and the ammo available here for it makes it even more inferior. The gun can't make up for the ammo....caliber or quality. You all are excited about this and I can see why but don't let your enthusiasum get in the way of a piss poor choice. Gun choice nazism by "GURU" is still nazism. A sub-caliber, sub-AK, Yugo is a Yugo, is a Yugo, is a Yugo. BEEP BEEP!
View Quote

I can't figure out what you are so pissed for? If you want to go and whine like a little girl that no one listened to your opinion, you may just find someone who gives a shit over in the Pit.  I doubt you will find any though. I have a better idea for you instead. Just save your breath and your money, and buy whatever rifle you want instead of this one.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#18]
That man seems to be what we Australians call 'A Fucking Idiot'.

;)

On the topic tho nice choice guys, if i lived in the US i'd definitly join you on it, i'm sure you'll be able to have lots of fun with those :)
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't figure out what you are so pissed for? If you want to go and whine like a little girl that no one listened to your opinion, you may just find someone who gives a shit over in the Pit.  I doubt you will find any though. I have a better idea for you instead. Just save your breath and your money, and buy whatever rifle you want instead of this one.  
View Quote

A little girl would whine......I'm expressing my opinion here like any man. I disagree with the choice because only a little girl would agree with this caliber.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That man seems to be what we Australians call 'A Fucking Idiot'.

;)

On the topic tho nice choice guys, if i lived in the US i'd definitly join you on it, i'm sure you'll be able to have lots of fun with those :)
View Quote

Glad you're in Australia mate.....we don't need no more sheila's here.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A little girl would whine......I'm expressing my opinion here like any man. I disagree with the choice because only a little girl would agree with this caliber.
View Quote

You seem to be missing the point. The time to debate the caliber for the SEAK has come and gone. No matter how much you bitch and complain you aren't going to change the caliber the SEAK will be offered in. This topic is for those interested in buying a SEAK chambered in 5.45X39. You are obviously not one of these people so please move your complaints to another thread. If you want to argue about this, start a post in the Pit and then IM letting me know it is there. I will gladly come and argue if you would like.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Man" with an opinion?
Excuse me here...but what I have seen from you is anything but the character of a man.

It is I who should be pissed.
How is it that such an arrogant, misinformed asshole that has so rudely hijacked this thread can buy this AK-74 if she chooses simply because she lives in Missouri...while I sit here in PRK can only dream of owning the fine weapon offered for sale?

SNARK, if you have nothing else nice or constructive to say, then STFU. Bye!
BTW, [b]krinkfreak[/b], beautiful rifles. I'm envious of all who can get one - or two!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#23]

I am NOT in the "Know" in regard to this round.

Is it easly available, in compared to a 5.56 where is it?

I would be interested in getting one of them also. I have a SKS.(7.62x.39)I would use it as comparision I suppose also.
Any one could enlighten me, it would nice.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am NOT in the "Know" in regard to this round.

Is it easly available, in compared to a 5.56 where is it?

I would be interested in getting one of them also. I have a SKS.(7.62x.39)I would use it as comparision I suppose also.
Any one could enlighten me, it would nice.

Thanks

View Quote

The Russian military went to the AK74 and the 5.45X39 in the hopes of matching the 5.56 NATO round in performance. You can find this ammo available on the net and it is quite reasonably priced. I own AK's in both 7.62 and 5.45 and enjoy shooting both types. You definitely can't go wrong with a rifle like they are selling.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Update from KF

-----------------------------------------------

All,

Here are a few updates on the SEAK Production Schedule:

SEAK Rifle:
- AK-74 Kits are due to arrive at Ohio Rapid Fire during the first week of January. Their were some unexpected shipping delays from the country of origin, and they are inbound as of this date. This is good news for those of you who were worried about the holidays taking your fun money away from you. It also lets everyone snag the "Tax Refund" check before the spouses get their hands on them...

Just make sure you don't get yourself in trouble...

"I'm sick of you buying guns!!"Look biatch, it's a SEAK now get off my back!!

Production should begin on 15 Jan 04, with the first rifles shipping on or about 30 Jan 04. Later batches will take about two-three weeks to assemble and ship. Ohio Rapid Fire will be working full time on putting out these rifles to all customers.

SEAK Scope:
- I spoke with Bob and John at KVAR and they told me the factory producing the PO3 scopes are currently backlogged on a major contract with a foreign nation. They anticipate receiving scopes for the SEAK project within 3-4 months. This may not sit well with some of you, and I understand. But supply and demand always rules in a situation like this....So, it appears the best we could hope for to receive the scopes will be in the Feb/Mar timeframe. That's not so bad. If you purchase a SEAK, then you qualify to get the PO3 at the $195 cost from Ohio Rapid Fire. Consider it a "virtual raincheck" that you can use as soon as they receive them from KVAR. KVAR went on to thank all of us here at AR15.COM who supported them after the racially discriminating posts toward KVAR were made on GunGoons.Nutz

SEAK Mags and Pouches:
- Same schedule as the SEAK rifles. They should be due in during the first week of January and will be shipped with the rifles.

[b][size=3]Production Schedule:[/b][/size=3]
- First Batch should start on or about 15 Jan 04 and be ready to ship on 30 Jan 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Jan 04 in order to be in the first batch.

- Second Batch should start 15 Feb 04 and ship on or about the end of Feb 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Feb 04 in order to be in the second batch.

- Third and Last Batch should start 15 Mar 04 and ship on or about 30 Mar 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Mar 04 in order to be in the third and last batch.

[b]DEPOSITS:
- Under no circumstances should deposits be sent to Ohio Rapid Fire until potential purchasers are notified via email or "the call to send deposits" is posted on AR15.COM[/b]

This will save all of us trouble in case something happens (Murphy's Law) which may upset the SEAK Production Schedule.

I hope this helps everyone stay in the loop on the SEAK Project.

Take care,

KF
"SEAK Middle-Man Stuckee"

[ Edited By KRINKFREAK on 11/15/2003 12:49:17 PM ]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Any gun is a good gun... end of statement.
[USA]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Bulgarians make the best aks out there, right next to the Russians, and I am sure that not only will these be ultra reliable (as all aks are and most ar's aren't) but the flat trajectory of the 5.45 round combined with the bulgarian barrel will make them quite accurate. Hell, I have an sar1 and its pretty darn accurate.  And I never clean it.  Ever.  And it was $300.  Bwawhahahahhahahhaaha!!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#28]
My Question is If it is such an inferior round why was it nicknamed the poisen bullet from all Ive heard read and understand that this is one bullet you do not want to get hit with. As far as the 7.62x39 vs the 5.45 seems the russians settled this issue a long ways back when they adopted the 5.45.
I'm on the list for the SEAK and feel that after all the research and reading i did on this round Im making a good decision.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My Question is If it is such an inferior round why was it nicknamed the poisen bullet from all Ive heard read and understand that this is one bullet you do not want to get hit with. As far as the 7.62x39 vs the 5.45 seems the russians settled this issue a long ways back when they adopted the 5.45.
I'm on the list for the SEAK and feel that after all the research and reading i did on this round Im making a good decision.
View Quote

I'm sure it's a great round and I know it's a great rifle, but I just had to comment on this.

I could care less about poison bullets. If I shoot you, I want you dead now, not tomorrow when your done bleeding out, or a few days later when you die of a fever from the 'poison bullet'
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:09:45 AM EDT
[#30]
*sigh* It's not a "poison bullet" because it kills you slowly. It's called the "poison bullet" because it KILLS YOU.

http://home.snafu.de/l.moeller/military_bullet_wound_patterns.html

Snark, you can complain all you want, the 5.45mm Russian is a damn good cartridge.

~AbM
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Snark1,

As it happens, my friend, there are people in this world who consider the 5.45X39MM Russian cartridge FAR deadlier than the 7.63X39MM.  More specifically, the Afghan Mujahideen, who were on the RECEIVING end of it!  I believe they called them "poison bullets."

So you have quite a large number of people who disagree with your assessment of the cartridges effectiveness, including the Mujahideen, the Russian army and me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#32]
How available is the 5.45 cartridge? Tim
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#33]
zeekh, there used to be time when the AK74 clones weren't to desirable because the ammunition was a little harder to come by. That has changed and the ammo seems to be here to stay. You can find it at almost any gunshow or internet site that sells ammo. Plus it is almost as cheap as the 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Just a couple of rambling thoughts about these rounds.... I recently watched a show on the History channel about the AK 47.  Mickael Kaleshnikov (ok, sure I spelled that wrong), didn't like the switch to the 5.45.  Just an interesting side note.  They  both look like pretty darn good rounds.  Seems like I remember one of our Marines getting shot in the helmet when they first got into Iraq.  The 7.62 didn't penetrate.  I saw them interview him on Fox.  (This is not the fake British helmet shot story).  Dang, I gotta quit watching so much teeeveee.
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#35]
A russian friend said recoil was also a factor..The 7.63x39 kicks way more.. And that's another reason for the switch...More ammo carried and all..He say's A hundred pound soldier can handle 5.45 recoil better and there for can be more accurate of a shot..I own 2 ak's in 7.62 and a ar-15 so I really don't need a ak-74..I'd like to have one but can't justify buying it.. The poison bullet will ruin yer day as a person and is a great critter round..Just my two cent's for what there worth..
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#36]
7.62x39 My finger's are to big for this key board...That's why the round does'nt bother me at six foot 235 pounds it don't kick at all..But I like shooting my buddies 74 variant like a loud bb gun..
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yep....and instead of a real AK they have chosen to go with a sub-AR caliber. That's the whole point of being into AK's.......go with a caliber even smaller than the AR......way to go guys.....nice choice. I'll make some nice lace ammo pouches for ya......your date for the night might be impressed enough to give you an honest to gosh reach around.

When are you going to anounce the special edition Gamo rifle?

Seriously......AK is AK.....An AR AK is cheaper than a real AR I know but......where is the pride? Where is the real AK??????????????
View Quote

Gosh - how do you think he'd feel about my AR in that caliber?...  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/8/2004 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I stopped up and checked out the kit first hand, looks very nice. I want one, but not in that caliber :(
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#39]
if it had rail options it might tempt me :-)
Link Posted: 3/13/2004 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
if it had rail options it might tempt me :-)
View Quote

you mean like this [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=198699&w=myTopicPop[/url]

or this:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=57814[/url]
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#41]
so you like the AK-74....a pic for your viewing pleasure
[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=104016&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/104016.jpg[/img][/url]
Link Posted: 3/18/2004 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#42]
The ammo is readiy available from all sorts of on-line retailers. I get mine for my SEAK from a local guy in NY for $75 per 1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/21/2004 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#43]
All,

My original posts established a "cut-off" for SEAK Batch Number Two as 26 March 04. I've received orders for 12 so far, and about 13 emails from members telling me their order forms are inbound at this time.

I spoke to the management of AR15.COM and they want me to extend the cut-off so additional members have the opportunity to submit their orders. So as of now, the new cut-off will be 12 April 04.

Remember, it only takes 50 percent of your total order as a deposit. The remaining balances are due when the rifle is complete and ready to ship.

It seems the SEAK chambered in 5.45 x 39 has really become the talk of the internet. I personally fired a Krinkov and AK-105 in 5.45 on full-auto, and the controllability was unbelieveable. I know the majority of us will probably never have a S.O.T. license to own machineguns, but I also know the majority of us will always want to bump-fire when we go to the range.

Anyway, hope to see all of you at The Creek in a few weeks, and don't forget that Troy Sellars has extended an invitation to all AR15.COM members the chance to shoot his full-auto weapons on the lower range. All you have to do is bring your own ammo and pay the $10.00 range fee to step on the firing line.

Take care,

KF
SEAK Whipping Boy
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Gentlemen, I held one of these the other day at Ohio RapidFire. These are by far the finest AK74's to date. They are made using NEW Bulgarian Demilled kits complete with original Code 10 Arsenal Stampings- some even have the rare original Plum furniture. The rivet work Ohio Rapid Fire does is absolutely amazing- I know, I have had custom AK's built by others for years- outside of Ted Marshall I have yet to see such fine work. These are the closest you will ever get to the real deal.

BTW- when the shit hits the fan the AK is one the one you can count on.
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 5:16:24 AM EDT
[#45]
sweet
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Just a little interesting info about the 5.45 from a man whose opinion I trust!
I read an article by Jim Sullivan (One of the original designers of the AR15 & 5.56 cartridge) years ago called "The AR15 an interesting twist" where he stated that (quote)"the Russians are Blowing People Up in Afghanistan every day with their new .22" (Unquote) because of the combination of the Air Pocket in the bullet & proper slow twist of the barrel, Then he went on about how the US army screwed up the M16 By switching from 1/14 to 1/12 twist.
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Is there anyone from the Long Island NY area who has or is going to buy a SEAK because I'm looking for an FFL dealer for the transfer. Krink, if you have an FFL on file for a dealer in the Long Island, NY area let me know. I'm really leaning towards getting one these beautiful SEAKs..Stan [email protected] Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#48]
When or is their going to be a batch 3 or 4. I'm interrested in aquiring one of these. Been wanting a 5.45X39 for quite a while.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got my SEAK and must say this is one great AK, I have just ventured into the Ak world and would say if anyone else is interested in buying a very QUALITY AK then the SEAK Ak=74 is the one to buy.  better then getting one from an gun show because you know this one will work!

~CoLd

p.s. big ups to Campybob and Krinkfreak for the good communication during this entire process!
Link Posted: 5/17/2004 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn!!! That's a nice AK!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top