User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Norman,

It's an OPS brake that I picked up from ADCO last year.  they aren't showing them on their website any longer.

jim
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
ADCO made a run of faux 2 port Ops. Inc. muzzle brakes, but the 4 port type as seen above can still be had from Brownells if I am not mistaken.  I had one, it was nice.  They can be had for multiple calibers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I notice alot of guys with rails with nothing attached, or extra long rails with nothing on the extra part.  I'm curious as to what the purpose of the rail is?  Do you have a box of little accesories that you tote around with you and add when your "mission" dictates?

Yup that's the point.  I will configure my carbine with a different lights optics and accessories as needed.  Gotta be tactical...

I guess I just don't have as many missions.....

It's not about the missions, it's about the options.  Having the rails give you more options as your needs and wants change.  

On a side note I also think the MRE's extended rail looks better with 16" barrels.

Remember we're talking AR's here so we're far beyond "need" and we have this stuff because we want them and because we can!
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
One more entry - a plain old SPR MK 12, Mod 1:

I built it myself from parts I've bought from varous places.  Just added the Crane reproduction stock last weekend.  All I need to complete this one is a set of Troy BUIS.  Was shopping for a used set, but nobody is selling theirs.  Guess I'll have to buy new.

Specs:

ADCO SPR profile barrel with matched bolt (Thanks BILLBO)
KAC rifle length FF tube (ebay)
Armalite A4 receiver with factory M4 feed ramps(ebay)
Rock River "improved" bolt carrier (Thanks to the people at RB Precision)
PRI Gas Buster charging handle (ebay)
Leupold M3 MR/T 3-9X36 with illuminated reticle with ARMS #22 high throw rings (Thanks CornFedHusker)
Crane reproduction stock (sold by Green0 to munyguru who traded it to me)
Harris BRM-S bipod (Thanks ColtM4)
Pod-Loc (Thanks ADCO)
KAC rail mounted bipod stud (Thanks ARFCOM member - can't remember who)
SPR pistol grip (ebay - but I think it was from JTAC Supply)
PWA preban lower receiver
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I notice alot of guys with rails with nothing attached, or extra long rails with nothing on the extra part.  I'm curious as to what the purpose of the rail is?  Do you have a box of little accesories that you tote around with you and add when your "mission" dictates?

Yup that's the point.  I will configure my carbine with a different lights optics and accessories as needed.  Gotta be tactical...

I guess I just don't have as many missions.....

It's not about the missions, it's about the options.  Having the rails give you more options as your needs and wants change.  

On a side note I also think the MRE's extended rail looks better with 16" barrels.

Remember we're talking AR's here so we're far beyond "need" and we have this stuff because we want them and because we can!

Actually I don't fall into that category.  I shoot mine and shoot them in certain environments, that's all.  I shoot 3-gun type matches and FDCC type matches.  I want to build a scoped gun 'cause I want to get into shooting at longer ranges.  I don't own any of the lights/lasers/gizmos simply because they don't help me do any of the things that I do.
I saw a really cool looking roofing hammer at Home Depot the other day.  I bought the regular small hammer instead because I'm building furniture and not roofing.  I treat my guns the same way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ADCO made a run of faux 2 port Ops. Inc. muzzle brakes, but the 4 port type as seen above can still be had from Brownells if I am not mistaken.  I had one, it was nice.  They can be had for multiple calibers.

That's what I thought.  I had seem them in the Brownells.  They damn sure ain't cheap.

Omar, how do you like yours?  Have you compared the effectiveness against any other types of muzzle devices?
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Initially I was planning to remove it come Sept, but I decided to retain it.  I have A2 F/Hs on the other rifles.  This rifle consistantly shoots 1-1 1/4 " @100 with Santa Barbara milsurp and stock trigger.  It will do better when I reload my own and when it receives a White Oak/RRA two stage trigger.

Jim
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Initially I was planning to remove it come Sept, but I decided to retain it.  I have A2 F/Hs on the other rifles.  This rifle consistantly shoots 1-1 1/4 " @100 with Santa Barbara milsurp and stock trigger.  It will do better when I reload my own and when it receives a White Oak/RRA two stage trigger.

Jim

Who made the barrel you're using now?  I'm thinking of a White Oak barrel with that brake.  Glad you like it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a Colt 1/7.  

I am also planning on building up a 1/7 White Oak barrel on one of the two RRA lowers I just ordered from ADCO.  They had lowers on sale for one day only, for $89.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
QuietShootr, that’s quite the rig you have there, can you tell me more about it please.

Thanks, J
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
QuietShootr, that’s quite the rig you have there, can you tell me more about it please. Thanks, J

And the rifle case too please...  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top