Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 3:06:04 PM EDT
Had the chance to pick one up and would like some info on who makes replacement firing pins and muzzle brakes for these?  I have one with the second generation brake (triangular shaped) and would really love to have the AR50 type on it without cutting or re-threading.  Also am curious about the quirks on these rifles.  I cannot seem to find any accessories for these.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to find some spare parts as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:15:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: imtheflash] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50_Shooter:
They went out of business, Remington bought all of their tooling and closed the doors.

If you want an Armalite brake you'll have to have it rethreaded as LAR used a different thread pitch.
View Quote
The Armalite brake wont fit on the LAR, and there isn't enough meat on it to rethread it due to the LARs 1.5" barrel. Or so I was told by the armorer at Armalite. I had a custom brake made by K&P, but there service was extremely slow (even sent it to the wrong customer too). They were the only ones I knew of making a custom brake for the LAR and not even sure if they will anymore. Best thing is to call them and ask.

http://kandpgunco.com/price-list/4959357
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top