Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2013 8:12:29 PM EDT
Please share your distance and game hunted. What is an Adv. distance shot at each type of game you take?
What was your longest kill shot (what game)?
What was your shortest kill shot (what game)?

I know location, terrian, tree-stand,ect will vary. Just your personal experiences.

Thanks for Sharing !

////Postpostban, Thank you. Wow 50 yards is long for an arrow. Awesome.
////dbd870, Thank you !
////FS200guy, Great, yes, that is a distance, 50 Yards. !! And 3 yards.. that's up close and personal!
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Longest, 50 yards on a 10 point buck.
Shortest, at the base of a tripod stand on a cute little bunny.
I use to hunt on open prairie, and I practice a lot. I prepare for long shots all year. I have a slider sight marked from 7 yards to about 85 yds.
I'm not advocating long shots, but I do prepare for them and it makes the shorter ones easier.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Deer: between 20 & 25yds - just seems to work out that way.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Whitetail deer, 51 yards = Doe
Whitetail deer, 3 yards = Doe

I practice all year long to 50 yards and I am more than comfortable with my ability at that distance.  For many thats an unthinkable distance and to which for all intents and purposes I would agree, but I am confortable in my skill set.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
During practice I shoot at 20-60yds with a 5 pin cobra sight. four arrows threes times each. 20,30,40, ect ect.. Then come back down from 60 to 20. Shot a buck at 41 yds this fall. The practice at the farther distances makes the mid range  shots cake
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Farthest: Whitetail - 39yds
Closest: Whitetail - 5 yds (nice 8 point two weekends ago)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top