Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2014 3:49:40 PM EDT
Looking forward to Dove season this year.  Wanting to try out some new places, rather than the same old, same old.  Have 5 hunters in DFW TX looking for a season dove lease within about 2 hours drive of DFW.  Willing to go any direction, just want to try a new place.

If you have any tips or leads or know of an outfitter, please pass the info along, and thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No tips or leads.  

I was daydreaming of Aug grouse season starting.  Only three more months!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Only 123 days until early goose season.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
im stationed in SA, there is a day lease down here that is 25$ a day and ive got my limit of white wings every day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
We are also trying a new lease this year. We decided to spend a little more to stay within an hour drive of the office, so we can hunt during the week (if there are dove).  We tried a place last year that was 2 1/2 hours... A big mistake.

This guy still  has some spots open when we booked Friday.
The really prime looking spots we're taken, but we booked on field F for opening day

http://www.dfwhunt.com/contact.htm

It's a reserved spot for opening day, then hunt anywhere, on several different fields, after opening day.   I believe it allows a kid under 16 to hunt with an adult.

I have not gone with this guy before, so this is not a personal recommendation!!!
I learned about him from on another outdoor forum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
im stationed in SA, there is a day lease down here that is 25$ a day and ive got my limit of white wings every day.
View Quote

I've got a couple buddies and we are hoping to bag some doves this year. Would you mind providing a suggestion or two? We are in Houston, but were planning on getting down to SA or Corpus to find some hunts. I used to work around Cotulla, Three Rivers, Uvalde, Carrizo Springs, etc, and heard the doves are great around there. Just don't know how to find a place that doesn't want an arm and a leg.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've got a couple buddies and we are hoping to bag some doves this year. Would you mind providing a suggestion or two? We are in Houston, but were planning on getting down to SA or Corpus to find some hunts. I used to work around Cotulla, Three Rivers, Uvalde, Carrizo Springs, etc, and heard the doves are great around there. Just don't know how to find a place that doesn't want an arm and a leg.

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Katy has had some great hunting in the past.  Its been almost 10 years since I have hunted in that area, so I don't know any specifics, but it beats driving all the way so SA
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.texasdayhunts.com/index.php?view=showad&adid=689

This is the ad for my ranch, just posted today. In Burnet, Tx. Lots of sunflowers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.texasdayhunts.com/index.php?view=showad&adid=689

This is the ad for my ranch, just posted today. In Burnet, Tx. Lots of sunflowers.
View Quote

Got your message, thanks. I will get with my buddies about it.

And thanks to the poster above about Katy, both of those places are well within range.
Top Top