Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2016 8:36:49 AM EDT
I need a pair of 8" uninsulated boots for the midwest, wyoming, and south dakota. They need to be waterproof. I also want a boot made in the US, germany, etc. Price range is $250-$300. Right now I'm debating between the Danner East Ridge or Cabelas by Meindl Dinalli.

Thanks for any opinions
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need a pair of 8" uninsulated boots for the midwest, wyoming, and south dakota. They need to be waterproof. I also want a boot made in the US, germany, etc. Price range is $250-$300. Right now I'm debating between the Danner East Ridge or Cabelas by Meindl Dinalli.

Thanks for any opinions
View Quote

Either pair you mention sound like quality boots.  I have a pair of Danner High Ground boots that have served me well for 3 seasons.  Mine are insulated, but Danner probably makes an uninsulated version.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever since I was issued my first pair of Danner Ft Lewis boots years ago in the Army, Danner is about the only boot I buy.  I do have a pair of Lowa GTX that i'm very fond of as well.  

Footwear is one place I don't skimp.  Thanks to Uncle Sam I now have problems with my feet and now more than ever I will spend more money on footwear just so my feet don't fail me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
All for Danner, just make sure you break them in before you put them to serious work. Most comfortable and durable boot I have owned.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you bought boots yet? I highly recommend the Kenetrek Hardscrabble. Very comfortable!
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the market for a pair of summer hiking boot s and I'm convinced the thing to do is go try a bunch on and see what work; and do it after you've been on your feet all day.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I own 3 pairs of Danners....

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a pair of American made danners and they are heavy duty.

I wanted some waterproof light boots and ordered from Russell Moccasin. They are more expensive than Danners, but will last a lifetime and are custom made for your feet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#8]
What about insulated waterproof boots. I've got about a 1k meter walk in to my stand and it's usually wet and high grass. I then sit in the stand trying to keep warm.
Eta
Large toe box/ I've got ape feet. I wear Danner rats pretty much every day but the leather doesn't do good with moisture.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 6E foot.  I didnt know the joy of a well fitting boot until I put on a pair of Red Wing 1000 Gm insulated.  All I wear under them is a plain old pair of regular tube socks that you would wear with sneakers.  Air space inside boots is important for warmth.  I cant squeeze into Rocky's and the like.  I also have an old pair of Sorrell Dominators but they are a pak-boot for late season all day sits in the frigid cold.  Hard to walk/drive/scamper up a hill in those mamajammas but God are they toasty.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I use danner. They're the best I've had and lasted for 5 years of working on fencing and hunting
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I wear a light hiking boot by Zamberlan in the early season before the snow flies.  It's an all leather boot with a calfskin liner.  It's similar to the old Vasgue Sundowner before they were made in China.  When the weather turns and I need a warmer boot and a tall enough boot to keep snow out I wear my Schnees Pacs.  They are warm and fit well enough that you can actually walk in them.

I have a pair of Lowa Sheephunters also.  They are really nice if you're in rugged terrain.  They are heavy though.

Schnees Hunter Pacs
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about insulated waterproof boots. I've got about a 1k meter walk in to my stand and it's usually wet and high grass. I then sit in the stand trying to keep warm.
Eta
Large toe box/ I've got ape feet. I wear Danner rats pretty much every day but the leather doesn't do good with moisture.
View Quote

I don't know why the leather on your boots doesn't do well with moisture.  All my Danner boots are full leather and they are 100% water proof.  I oil them on a regular basis to ensure they stay that way.  Might want to give that a try.  Either Mink oil, snow seal or even the Danner waterproofing treatment they sale.  

I am kind of anal with keeping up on boots.  The Army kind of drilled that into my head and it's just something I have to do when I see them.  Even my work boots are that way.  Keep em oiled and clean.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't know why the leather on your boots doesn't do well with moisture.  All my Danner boots are full leather and they are 100% water proof.  I oil them on a regular basis to ensure they stay that way.  Might want to give that a try.  Either Mink oil, snow seal or even the Danner waterproofing treatment they sale.  

I am kind of anal with keeping up on boots.  The Army kind of drilled that into my head and it's just something I have to do when I see them.  Even my work boots are that way.  Keep em oiled and clean.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eta

Per my conversation with a higher up at Danner, the nubuc leather is not as water/weather resistant as the other leathers. They stay softer longer but what I do for a living, I can burn a pair of rats in a year of not less even with oil/waterproof treatments.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I just looked up the Rat boot.  Not what I was thinking when I was thinking Danner.  Mine are all standard leather boots.  I have looked at the Nubuk but have never bought them.

I'm not as hard on boots as I once was thank god.  A pair can last me two to three years if I take care of them.  Longer if I wear multiple pair.
Top Top