Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 8:56:13 AM EDT
I spent 3 days in August trying to get an antelope with my bow. I was spot and stalk hunting and I had 4-5 close calls but never could get it done. It was my first archery hunt and I learned a lot.

So I went up this month with the rifle and had this buck killed within about an hour of hunting. My first shot was really low (it was a 350 or 400 yard shot). After the first shot I was able to sneak within about 150 yards and put one right through the vitals.

The rifle is a winchester classic 30-06. The ammo I was using is just factory federal 180 grain.

I haven't scored him, but I'm guessing he is somewhere around 74ish.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The jealous is strong with me

Eta- now get to eating! Speed goat is possibly the best wild game meat on the planet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya got a good'n there.  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful!  Looks like a nice one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speed goat is possibly the best wild game meat on the planet.
View Quote

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I like it just fine. It's amazing the number of people that try to tell me they're not even worth eating. It can be a bit gamey compared to deer or especially elk, but if you cook it right it's damn good. I made a shoulder pot roast a few weeks ago that was absolutely mouth-watering.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I like it just fine. It's amazing the number of people that try to tell me they're not even worth eating. It can be a bit gamey compared to deer or especially elk, but if you cook it right it's damn good. I made a shoulder pot roast a few weeks ago that was absolutely mouth-watering.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speed goat is possibly the best wild game meat on the planet.

Best wild game in my opinion is the Coues Whitetail.
Top Top