Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 12:28:18 PM EDT
short story went gold panning with older inlaws.  One got too hot. Had to cool him down with a wet boonie hat he liked that.  no cell service. He didn't expire

I had put up a cheap Chinese tarp as shade.

I saw the need to get a larger, better tarp, and pay attention to older people's health conditions

I ordered a tarp from Amazon, a Chinook brand 9.6 feet X 12 feet. Yes it is made in China.  Looks like an Canadian company importing it.

it is a lightweight nylon coated to repel rain. I chose the tan color.

it appears to have enough grommets and nylon straps sewed into it to to tie it to lots of things.

it came in a same material bag that I'm going to put 550 cord , drywall screws and a screwdriver.

Don't know if it will hold up.

Does anyone have experience with this brand,  or others??  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn Am I the ONLY one to buy this tarp???
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]

It looks like it has good reviews and pretty good customer service.

Is this the tarp

I have been looking to get one.  Interested in other peoples thoughts and other suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the one,

Thinking of putting one in each BOV and  maybe a smaller one in the BOB
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Heavy for a pack IMHO....but looks good to go for a truck kit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.

It's just a Chinese tarp, likely cheaper at harbor freight or wallmart
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one the same size. The loop in the center will let you use it without a center pole. Have used it 5 times, I have 10" ball bungies at the grommet hole to give a little flex in high wind.  Mine is holding up very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top