Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2017 10:27:01 PM EDT
Mini shtf. Half the roads blocked and washed out, most still with no power. We got over 6" rain yesterday and more is on its way. Police directing traffic and flooding everyplace.

Just down the road from me in a large lot subdivision the culvert under the only road in washed out and it was like 5' diameter.

Interesting day,

i live outside of a small city and they are under water still. The mayor just posted a 10pm-6am curfew
And many are pissed they keep shutting down roads with minor flooding "just incase" today my commute home took an extra 30 minutes since they decided to make the only road open a single lane because of a minor accident. Traffic was backed up for miles with no one directing traffic and the officials just standing around. This town ever gets a real shtf I'm glad I'm outside of it and have no reason to go into it.

Pretty good learning experience. People are ripping the towns leadership on social media too for handling it so bad and blocking so many roads that are passable. They at one point blocked a road near me with no water at all on it but it "may go over". People drove through anyways.

We already had the dumbasses running generators indoors with the typical outcome.

Out in the boondocks by me you can hear generators loudly since it's so quietAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The derp is strong most everywhere now, embrace the derp
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Kinda damp for old owl.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Why I live on a flood proof property.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why I live on a flood proof property.
View Quote
First time my creek overflowed like this (me in my creek in the photo)
It's in the middle of my driveway (1/4 long)

My house was bone dry and my creek flows to down at some point when it hits s river. My creek overflow was all dried up last night since my property flows/ drains well

Now they are trying to collect water for the towns people

My wife stopped at tractor supply store and you could shop with cash / carbon cc swipes and a flashlight. That was kinda cool
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot of smaller roads and bridges are closed due to unknown integrity due to the water.  Go 15 minutes East of B'ton and you'll find highways that washed out.   Then again, B'ton gets flooded (not to this extent) all the time since they wrapped themselves around the Fox.   Drive South to 50 and W, take a look there
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
One thing people need to be aware of is that a bridge or large culvert complex may not be the lowest point on the road.  The bridge railings may indicate only a couple of inches of water, but the road some distance on either side of the bridge may be a foot or two lower.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
i live outside of a small city and they are under water still. The mayor just posted a 10pm-6am curfew

How were people responding to the curfew?  Seems like quite the drastic move for just a little flooding?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How were people responding to the curfew?  Seems like quite the drastic move for just a little flooding?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

some complained about it on social media, drove through the road blocks, but most followed it.

Quoted:
A lot of smaller roads and bridges are closed due to unknown integrity due to the water.  Go 15 minutes East of B'ton and you'll find highways that washed out.   Then again, B'ton gets flooded (not to this extent) all the time since they wrapped themselves around the Fox.   Drive South to 50 and W, take a look there
yea W is flooded so no going to the flea market sunday. B'ton is such a strange little town hipsters and a lone survival store. Surprised the survival store did not use this to their advantage. they should have been helping with clean water and such. Great PR.

luckily I only go to town for tractor supply, menards, aldi, coffee, and lucky star
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top