Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/19/2016 11:32:39 AM EDT
It starting to look like the North East might be in for a whopping big storm come Friday.  Might want to double check the preps.

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/snow-ohio-valley-middle-atlantic-northeast

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'M READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I'm in the "zone" for that storm..Im stocked up enough. Can always use more, working on it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What could possibly go wrong?  I've got gas for the generator, food, a bit of moonshine, and fresh strings on my guitar.  I plan on using vacation time and just staying home for it.  They've been on me to burn some of it anyway.  

Picking up more gas tonight to extend my burn time on the generator.  And I've got to get around to fixing the flat tire on the Cub.  Why do I always wait until the coldest part of the year to work on that stupid thing?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
After what was dropped on us from Feb to March of last year, I am really hoping this just passes us by with a few inches of snow.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
crap

this is a tag
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
history:

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in the SW tip of Virginia. We are going to miss it for now and maybe get a few inches at most. But I am still topping off Kero and propane and making sure we are ready just in case it shifts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Dammit, I want snow!!!!

If it's going to be this cold, there should be snow along with it.  No snow, at least make it 60*+ outside.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I've seen, DC is going to be ground zero for this one.

That's a win for the whole country, if it shuts down the federal government for a few days.

Looks like up here in the great white north of NH, we'll actually see very little.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm right outside of the path in VA. I'll take cold rain for a day over shoveling snow for 3 days. Have fun suckers, I'll go see 13 hours.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What could possibly go wrong?  I've got gas for the generator, food, a bit of moonshine, and fresh strings on my guitar.  I plan on using vacation time and just staying home for it.  They've been on me to burn some of it anyway.  

Picking up more gas tonight to extend my burn time on the generator.  And I've got to get around to fixing the flat tire on the Cub.  Why do I always wait until the coldest part of the year to work on that stupid thing?  
View Quote

lol.  I picked up that same habit.  push off replacing wipers until it's a downpour or snowing.  wait on a new battery until the first cold spell kills it. Luckily my procrastination has only led to minor inconveniences and not a catastrophe - probably b/c the really important stuff gets done asap.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After what was dropped on us from Feb to March of last year, I am really hoping this just passes us by with a few inches of snow.
View Quote

This...So this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys, I got this covered. I fired up my snowblower yesterday and verified it was all ready to go. That pretty much guarantees we won't get anything.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guys, I got this covered. I fired up my snowblower yesterday and verified it was all ready to go. That pretty much guarantees we won't get anything.

View Quote

If I shave I can guarantee we'll get lots of blowing snow and bitter cold temps. I'm not shaving  
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#16]
i dont know what to think this after noon Friday and Saturday the weather said 10-12 inches each day now its saying 1-3 inches WTF
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife bought a sled and snow suit for our 1 year old. NEPA will most likely only get a dusting now.

Just in case, we are splitting some more wood, stocked up on diesel, and tested the generator.

Should be interesting. If we do get anything decent I'll report back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#19]
We're getting a light snow today.  Maybe an inch or so total.  And everyone is in full-scale panic mode.  I've got a Millenial who works for me who is absolutely losing his precious mind over the prospect of having to venture out on the "unsafe" streets.  He's texting everyone in the world about how he's snowed in and his street is impassible.  You'd think he was going to have to resort to cannibalism before Spring arrives and he's thawed out enough to make it to the C Store on the corner by his house.  

I'm really digging the part where our local road crews got caught "totally by surprise" by today's snow.  It's been forecast for at least three days.  I'll bet they come up with some excuse for the "unprecedented and totally unexpected" snow we get later this week.  

I will say that pavement temps are pretty low right now and we're ripe for some black ice to develop.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#20]

I'm as far north and mostly west as you can go in Virginia. I'm right in the path and I can't wait!!!!!! Looks like it should hit around Friday night. We already got wood for the fireplace, wine for drinking, board games picked out, and tons of food. I also finally caved and bought a snow blower. Having a 400ft driveway and 3 straight years of snow storms has made it a necessity.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I hate to admit it, but I'm inside the beltway in VA. I like snow. I don't like living here. I will have fun if it snows. Maybe I might even get to finally try the toboggan my kids got for Christmas.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Just came in from town, picked up some extra supplies. Grocery store was dead, so was hardware store. The cashiers were taking bets on how much snow we gonna get on Fri/Sat.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#23]

NOAA just issued a blizzard watch for my zip code
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dammit, I want snow!!!!

If it's going to be this cold, there should be snow along with it.  No snow, at least make it 60*+ outside.
View Quote

I agree!  I am in true upstate NY where we used to get a ton of snow, now we just get freezing cold temps and a good storm or two per year.  

Looks like its going to miss us to.

We don't even have a foot of snow yet.  Snowmobiles are still all covered up, can't even use my new cross country skis because there are still rocks showing.  

On a side note this thread reminded my that the petcock on my smaller generator has been leaking/ seeping slowly.  Good day to go pull it apart and try to fix it.  If not I will have to try to track down another.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

NOT FAIR!  
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

NOT FAIR!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT FAIR!  

I'm originally from CT so I miss good blizzards or a proper Nor' Easter

I got everything ready including sleds for some fun.

ETA: and I own P2
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT FAIR!  

I have only plowed twice so far this year, and I didn't really "need" to

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#29]
LoL..that last one took some real talent....

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#31]

i might have to call shenanigans on that one now..in the first one the car is in front of the VW and that one its behind it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#32]
mabe they pulled the geeksquad bug out of the way?

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Details like the new snow on the vertical car's tires make me think it is more than likely real. The video is a lot harder to doctor because of non-static shots requiring lots of time, a 3D render of the car and quite a bit of talent.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
mabe they pulled the geeksquad bug out of the way?

http://youtu.be/FzM5OHJGuYE

View Quote

true.............
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Pulled out the genny this morning for a test run, much more concerned about ice here in central NC than the snow. Time to fire up a big pot of chili and get a few bottles of wine and a good book or two.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#37]
You guys have all the fun.  I'm in Western CO and we just keep getting 1-2", then it melts.

Quoted:

I'm as far north and mostly west as you can go in Virginia. I'm right in the path and I can't wait!!!!!! Looks like it should hit around Friday night. We already got wood for the fireplace, wine for drinking, board games picked out, and tons of food. I also finally caved and bought a snow blower. Having a 400ft driveway and 3 straight years of snow storms has made it a necessity.
View Quote

That's how I talked my wife into letting me get my first tractor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's my driveway..its either get ran over with my Blazer or wait til it melts, lol

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Plow is on the 4 wheeler and generator is gassed up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It changes for my place in WV every time I look at it. 20" Friday and Saturday total one time, then a foot, now back to around 22".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i dont know what to think this after noon Friday and Saturday the weather said 10-12 inches each day now its saying 1-3 inches WTF

It changes for my place in WV every time I look at it. 20" Friday and Saturday total one time, then a foot, now back to around 22".

yep back up to 20+ inches again... i have a bunch of wood in the garage i can access from the basement, got enough fuel +oil to run the gen a few days. plenty of food.. snow blower is gassed up, plow is on the old cub  lets do this !!!!  might pick up a extra 20 gallon of gas tomorrow

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:31:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Be careful everyone
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Saying 8-12" at my location.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#43]
outside Philly - hope this one doesn't dump too much.

Wife will be home dealing with it alone (most likely) and I have a flight from Newark that I'm hoping is actually leaving...

She's all setup for the storm but I'd rather her not need to deal with it
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
outside Philly - hope this one doesn't dump too much.

Wife will be home dealing with it alone (most likely) and I have a flight from Newark that I'm hoping is actually leaving...

She's all setup for the storm but I'd rather her not need to deal with it
View Quote

Hey! Glad to see you are still around. Stay safe!

Not expecting too much snow in NEPA now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#45]
HERE IT COMES !!..Skys just opened up and its pouring snow...

SE WV region, on VA border
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Blue sky's here in southern Canada.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I find the lack of photos..... disturbing.....

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of us Yankees are not impressed yet to take photos.   Yet!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This sounded impressive to me.....

ETA: and yeah, anyone north of Austin is basically a Yankee.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]
saying we have close to 12" now..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top