Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2009 1:54:57 PM EDT
If so how long did it take from order to delivery to your door?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
been a while since i ordered mine, but shipping was pretty quick.  the site makes my list for preferred places to do business.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't everyone get their MWCs from LCI?  It's been a while since I bought mine, but nobody could come close to their pricing, and I know I got mine pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered another 10 about 2-3 months ago.... still great price... still fast service. some of my last order.

These are not only great for prepping but the make the camping buckets pail (ha ha) by comparison. Look right of the tent. These are the bomb... and again service and price can not be beat.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
How did you find them on the site?  Tried various terms in the search and couldn't find them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How did you find them on the site?  Tried various terms in the search and couldn't find them.

+1 a link would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Tan 5 Gallon Can

ETA: Too Slow
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Both links take me to a log in screen with no way to become a new customer. How do I go about taking care of that?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Both links take me to a log in screen with no way to become a new customer. How do I go about taking care of that?

ditto...kinda useless if we can't get in
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]
They use to sell new OKay Industries G.I. m16 mags for 11 bucks but after they were cleaned out from the BHO scare they told me that they were not gonna carry them anymore .
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I think you can log in as a guest, it has been a couple months since I got mine.

I ordered 5 and got one shipped within a week or so I think.  I called about the others because I got no email update and the nice lady on the phone checked my order and said the others were backordered and would ship as soon as they were ready.

Had the next bunch of 4 show up within a week of that call I guess.

I should probably order some more because I agree that they put most other stuff to shame.

If no one answers on logging in run a search for the older threads on these and the instructions will be in those threads for ordering since that is what it took for me to finally order some.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#14]
To order the MWC from LCI:

1. Go to www.buylci.com.

2.  On the right hand side of the LCI homepage, click on "Shop Now".

3.  Once you get to the search block on the next screen, type in "water cans".

4. Select the OD Green or Desert Tan cans you want.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I think I got them in a little over a week.  The boxes they come in are great too!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I live within 30 miles from LC industries. I googled there name and I think they employ a lot of blind people. I am thinking of going by there some day when I am up that way.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I ordered 6 and they arrived within a week.  If you have any questions give them a call, they answer promptly and are very nice people.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I got mine within a week. Even though I live in NC I don't think they even charged me sales tax.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally decided to order some of these as well.  Shipping is free with an order over $50 so three cans at $16.95 worked out to be $50.97 so I bought three for now and that got me free shipping.  I mainly bought these for my bug out trailer project and I would like at least three more but fund are tight so 15-gal is at least a start.

I would like to add a couple smaller 2.5-gal versions if I could but I didn't see anything like that on the site but I did find some of the Scepter 2.5-gal cans for $23/ea.  They also have the 20L water Scepters for double the price of the LCI (Both of these are back ordered).

https://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/store/brands3.tam?cart=08H01mnv.ips&lpg=%2Fstore%2Fbrands4%2Etam&lpt=1249445604&brand%2Ectx=Scepter&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Water%2FFuel%20Storage&backto=%2Fstore%2Fbrands4%2Etam

Anyways, thanks for the advise on these cans and glad to have these added to the preps.

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#20]
have these gone up?

I seem to remember needing to buy 4 to break the $50 free shipping mark

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#21]
See if these links work...

https://www.redcheetah.com/lci/search.php?search_phrase=906396
https://www.redcheetah.com/lci/search.php?search_phrase=600409

I assume the prices when up as three gets you to $50 as I posted above now.  Still, that is about 1/3 the cost of Scepter water cans.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Holy smokes. that is a horrific web site but I finally found the cans.

The water jugs I buy around here aways start leaking in one summer of camping.

Are these thick?  Quality?
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't have mine yet as I just ordered but do a google search and you will find a ton of references of "LCI water cans" and they seem to be made to the same basic specs as the Scepter water cans.  The LCI cans are sold to the US Military and I was not able to find any negative reviews before buying.  These are reported to be very strong (military guys describing tossing full cans off the back of trucks in the sandbox with an occasion issue but most survive) and few to no reported issues with leaks as long as the lids are screwed down tight.  There were also plenty of verifications that the plastic is safe and that it does not give the water a funny taste.

Again, just repeating what I had read before buying and I am starting with three and I plan to double or tripple that number once I try them myself.

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have mine yet as I just ordered but do a google search and you will find a ton of references of "LCI water cans" and they seem to be made to the same basic specs as the Scepter water cans.  The LCI cans are sold to the US Military and I was not able to find any negative reviews before buying.  These are reported to be very strong (military guys describing tossing full cans off the back of trucks in the sandbox with an occasion issue but most survive) and few to no reported issues with leaks as long as the lids are screwed down tight.  There were also plenty of verifications that the plastic is safe and that it does not give the water a funny taste.

Again, just repeating what I had read before buying and I am starting with three and I plan to double or tripple that number once I try them myself.

Thanks, my camping cans are leaking again so I will give these guys a try.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They are thick as shit, I dont think you can buy a better can anywhere. m4whore
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
have these gone up?

I seem to remember needing to buy 4 to break the $50 free shipping mark

yes.

inflation is not so fun
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Yup on the price going up a bit, but still a worthwhile buy in my opinion because I still have a couple of the blue 7 gallon square aquatainers and they are no where near as tough as the lci stuff.

I have not really abused mine, mostly been dropped or knocked over, and they shrug it off with ease.  I have had aquatainers crack corners with similar short drops.

And I did not drop it, a buddy did not think a full jug of water would weigh that much so while he was picking it up he had a poor grip on it and away it went from the low trailer height to the ground.

And they use excellant boxes to pack these, I kind of was amused they pack them so well when I know they won't ever see such care in the future.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Bump.

Damn cans are $24.95 now
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Bump.

Damn cans are $24.95 now

Dang...  good while it lasted.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Well that sucks.  That's a pretty big jump right there.  They were $15-whatever for a couple of years at least.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#31]
$24.95

That sucks now.

Now I`m glad I did not sell more than 2 of the stock I GOT!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bump.

Damn cans are $24.95 now
Thats cause those damn ARFCOM survival forum nuts drove the price up .

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Honestly, that is still a good price for what you get.  Perhaps no longer a steal but these cans are WAY BETTER then the cheap plastic cans we can get from Wal-Mart or anywhere else.  Scepter made MWC cans sell for about $35 when you can find them:

http://www.armyproperty.com/store/p/2386/scepter-gi-mwc-5-gallon-20-liter-water-can-sand-gwc06/?utm_source=google+products

... and more on the various auction sites.  I think this is still a fair price for what they are.  I wish I had bought three more before the price went up again but now I think the six I did buy are enough for our needs and I will focus my limited spending on other gaps in my preps.  We all knew these prices were a steal and could not understand how they were so cheap.

Before anybody cries too loud, remember that the Nato gas cans are still available for somewhat reasonable prices and in a year you may not be able to get them at current prices either
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I hated missing the good price (shoulda been paying attention!!!), but I ordered four of them and an extra cap this morning.  Figured I'd better get some of them before they went even higher!
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#35]
How did you guys clean them before storing water?
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump for cleaning info.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#37]
put a little bleach water in them, swish it around, empty, rinse with clean water, fill back up with water with a few drops of bleach in it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
put a little bleach water in them, swish it around, empty, rinse with clean water, fill back up with water with a few drops of bleach in it.

Water storage-
Sanitize-
Use 1 teaspoon per quart (4C) of water to sanitize container, multiply as needed.
Purify (if needed)-
Use 1/8 teaspoon per gallon to purify water from storage.
Shelf life-
Try to replace every 6 months in June and Dec.

I copied this from my electronic storage/ prep notes, I tend to NOT add bleach for storage.... it kills yeast and prevents bread from rising. But thats just me... however I do keep a rotation of bleach in the house.... as well as filters and purifiers, just incase. If you happen to make a food storage/ emergency procedure booklet, do yourself a favor and print it so if you lose your PC/ Power/ what not, you can quickly grab it. I like the 19 hole bindings since it retains the pages well (better than 3 ring binders in my experience) and Can still be updated as needed, plus they weigh less and are CHEAPER, ever price a 3" 3 ring binder... WOW. However I do have a few dozen that I scored from the work dumpster during a KAIZAN event.... What a crock of shit those things are IMHO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top