Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:04:34 PM EDT
This time with 98% less threat of federal prison!
I have a spot in mind, on private land complete with a shooting range, owned by... let's say a friendly. It's taken for a weekend in January, and a few more weekends leading up to then, but we don't have to worry about hunting season, wearing orange, or green suburbans rolling into camp.
Date is Jan. 22-24, 2010.
Site is north of Conroe, near the airport.
Basic rules will be something like:
Yes guns
Yes fires
Yes NFA toys
Yes cars/trucks/etc.
Yes camping
No drunken orgies... well, ok, if we must
No threats of going to jail (I'll make sure to only arrest the womens)
No drunken gunfights
No blowing up my truck
Try not to shoot wildly into the woods every time we hear a bigfeet this time
No waking up SK by shooting FALs next to his tent
Sound good? Who's up for it?
The list... (maybes included for accounting purposes)
SniperKage
TheNorm
Justin-Kase
Markypie +1
Donne3 + Sfax39

ArmedAccountant +1

ShadowAngel +1
Buckmaw
Roguetoad +1
Timpryor
Halffast
223Sauce
Acman145acp
Mgamber
Fourman
BADZ06
TehMonkeh
strawberry_snaps
Swindle1984
Shinoi
PstlPknNana + HBruns
Tboesche
Happy_gopher
Jabman
BattletweeteR
Rob762
Goldtop
NoMoAmmo
Soncorn

Travis

Socommatthews

Nightfighter4d
BigCoastie

Smokiexd45
In case anyone forgot about the fun...

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hell yeah.

Don't forget to bring that item we discussed... ok, every time we've talked... ever.

Or at least pictures. Actually, those, too.

And your email apparently doesn't like mine.

When's good for you?

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
If you'll add no surprise but sechs to the prohibitions I'll see if I can get a pass from the warden.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you'll add no surprise but sechs to the prohibitions I'll see if I can get a pass from the warden.

That's a given. Suprise but sechs is unheard of in the presence of ridiculous quantities of firearms. We're notorious for the sheer volume of weapons that appear. It was unreal how long it took everyone to disarm when the green suburban bounced over the hill.

Ranger- How many guns are we talking about here?

Me- Ummm...

TheNorm- Errr...

Donne3, still blocking Ranger's view of waist deep pile of brass- look on her face that said "eep"

Subject was changed at this point

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
ball park location?  SE texas means different things to different people
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Near Conroe. The last two were just north of Lake Conroe in the SHNF, which was a bad idea it seems. New place is southeast from there about 15 minutes or so. Fairly close to civilization, actually.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
This actually sounds fun-in a twisted sort of way. I might be in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This actually sounds fun-in a twisted sort of way. I might be in.

It's great fun, especially watching me flee for life after annoying Norm's woman. She skeers me.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
For the rest of us who aren't in on what happened with the Ranger/Game Warden, what happened?

In any case, what was the original event that brought everyone together for said fun?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the link, SniperKage!  We're definitely putting this on the calendar...  
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For the rest of us who aren't in on what happened with the Ranger/Game Warden, what happened?

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

In any case, what was the original event that brought everyone together for said fun?

Let's just say that it's apparently illegal to shoot in the national forest for some idiotic reason.

And it was the original Southeast Texas Zombie Invasion FTX, naturally! A weekend of drinking, camping, freezing, dripping, shooting, and general misbehavior thinly veilled as a survival forum camp.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

thanks for the link, SniperKage!  We're definitely putting this on the calendar...  

We wouldn't make it without our official waist deep brass pile distraction device, would we?

Everyone give me some suggestions for a specific date and I'll run 'em past the owner of the land. He's around here somewhere, but I don't know how often he pokes his head in the SF.

And if anyone wakes me up with an FAL this time I'm just chucking a flashbang out the door of the tent.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like you crazy texans know how to have fun.... Can't wait to move down that way!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We wouldn't make it without our official waist deep brass pile distraction device, would we?

Everyone give me some suggestions for a specific date and I'll run 'em past the owner of the land. He's around here somewhere, but I don't know how often he pokes his head in the SF.

And if anyone wakes me up with an FAL this time I'm just chucking a flashbang out the door of the tent.

anything I can do to help.  

I'd prefer either the weekend of January 23rd or February 6th, as I have month-end close to get through.    February 13th would work for us, too, but we did that weekend this year, and it seems a lot of SO's have an issue with the whole "camping on Valentine's Day weekend" thing.    I had a blast...  even in the rain...  and the cold, cold nights...  it was COLD.

but wait.  that didn't narrow it down much, did it?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

anything I can do to help.  

I'd prefer either the weekend of January 23rd or February 6th, as I have month-end close to get through.    February 13th would work for us, too, but we did that weekend this year, and it seems a lot of SO's have an issue with the whole "camping on Valentine's Day weekend" thing.    I had a blast...  even in the rain...  and the cold, cold nights...  it was COLD.

but wait.  that didn't narrow it down much, did it?  

It wasn't TOO cold...but it was a little chilly. Definitely made the fire nice to sit around, though! I have the exact same timeframe thing as you do, actually. The first five business days of each month, I'm stuck for closing..after or before that, i'm usually good to go. We had a great time at the last one. It'd be even more fun in a more firearms friendly environment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It wasn't TOO cold...but it was a little chilly. Definitely made the fire nice to sit around, though! I have the exact same timeframe thing as you do, actually. The first five business days of each month, I'm stuck for closing..after or before that, i'm usually good to go. We had a great time at the last one. It'd be even more fun in a more firearms friendly environment.

it was cold enough for a BigFootTard sighting:

seriously, SA, you and your prettier half were way tougher than me...  my better half turned the heater buddy OFF in the middle of our second night, when it was colder than the first...  LOL...  that won't happen again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#19]
and speaking of BigFootTard (aka, acman145acp), has anyone sent him or Halffast a link to this thread?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like fun, wish I could come. And nice picture
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, I just checked some schedules and the thing happening in Jan. is the beginning of the month, the 8th I believe, so let's go with the 23rd for the time being. I have to make sure that works with the owner of the land, though.

And I just IM'ed Halffast, I'll send one to Acman shortly.

Unfortunately I have less of an arsenal now, had to sell off a bunch of guns to fix a piece of shit Jeep a couple of months ago while I was in the academy, but I have a few fun things left to play with. My plan is to try out my 3 day pack and bug out box. Since I have 20k gallons of reserve water, a good size generator, and I live on high ground, it takes quite a bit to get me to flee. All I want to do is make sure my gear can get me back home if dung is flung while I'm at work/out of town/etc. And can't forget drinking premixed whiskey sours out of nalgenes stacked in the cooler ;)
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Where?

Just north of Conroe, near the airport.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was cold enough for a BigFootTard sighting:
http://i26.tinypic.com/250t645.jpg

seriously, SA, you and your prettier half were way tougher than me...  my better half turned the heater buddy OFF in the middle of our second night, when it was colder than the first...  LOL...  that won't happen again.

Oh, how I love that picture...... Count me in.

Toad

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<snip>
And can't forget drinking premixed whiskey sours out of nalgenes stacked in the cooler ;)

you would have loved the last one...  Halffast brought his generator and made up chocolate mudslide zombie anti-toxin.    innoculations have never been so much fun...  
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
And can't forget drinking premixed whiskey sours out of nalgenes stacked in the cooler ;)

you would have loved the last one...  Halffast brought his generator and made up chocolate mudslide zombie anti-toxin.    innoculations have never been so much fun...  

I have to admit... mudslides were the LAST thing I expected from a Survival Campout.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#28]
count me as a maybe.

anyone in the SA area wanna carpool
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
can I come?

Of course you can.  Pencil me in as well.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#30]
F the Undead.  

Put me down as a maybe.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
can I come?

HOORAY!!!!!    glad to see you made it to the thread.  

you're gonna bring another chapter, right?  I'll bring you presents...  
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
can I come?

HOORAY!!!!!    glad to see you made it to the thread.  

you're gonna bring another chapter, right?  I'll bring you presents...  

all this attention for me?  

oh wait a second..........
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

HOORAY!!!  another one of my favorite people!!!

you gonna bring the Little Ninja yet, or are we still not ready for her?
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LOL...  no offense intended - we just haven't met yet...  

ETA:  Questions -

TheNorm - is your prettier half coming?  I know it's early, but I'd like to order some muffins to bring back with me...  if they don't get eaten by the time we start the trek home...  

SniperKage - any chance you'll be making more of that yummy summer sausage?  

RogueToad - how about your better half?  I need more of her stories.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL...  no offense intended - we just haven't met yet...  

I know, hence my smiley face, I do hope to head out there, i'm trying to get chips to get his ass out as well
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOORAY!!!  another one of my favorite people!!!

you gonna bring the Little Ninja yet, or are we still not ready for her?
I don't think yall are quite up to that level of training yet.....

Little Ninja is quite lethal and not to be turned loose on people who aren't in the later stages of ninja training

With the level of ninja kidney punches she throws now...... i could easily be sued for dialysis treatments

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know, hence my smiley face, I do hope to head out there, i'm trying to get chips to get his ass out as well

I guarantee you'll enjoy your time out there if you can make it.  

ETA:

Quoted:
Little Ninja is quite lethal and not to be turned loose on people who aren't in the later stages of ninja training

With the level of ninja kidney punches she throws now...... i could easily be sued for dialysis treatments

classic...
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Part of me wants to ask what I missed, another part just doesn't wanna know.

I'll update the list when I get to work, gotta load up the shotgun and head out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Me and the missus are in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guarantee you'll enjoy your time out there if you can make it.  

I can second that. We had a blast last time we went. We're definitely in for this next one.. looking forward to it already. This time, though.. we went ahead and bought one of those Buddy heaters for the tent. ;)

Quoted:

classic...

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys are pussies with all this talk about heaters in the tent. I will not be needing a portable heater for this event.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

You guys are pussies with all this talk about heaters in the tent. I will not be needing a portable heater for this event.

Should I point out just exactly why that is, or are you gonna man up and confess it yourself?

And Donne3 is a girl, so is she exempt from the man law requiring freezing one's genitals off whilest camping in the winter?

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I point out just exactly why that is, or are you gonna man up and confess it yourself?

And Donne3 is a girl, so is she exempt from the man law requiring freezing one's genitals off whilest camping in the winter?

thank you, SK.  

but I'm curious as to why...  you bringing an RV or something, mgamber?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

thank you, SK.  

Chivalry isn't dead. I beat it unconscious and locked it in a closet.

Worse, much worse.

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#46]
In will watch this thread.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's my property, I have a house on it... :)
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It's my property, I have a house on it... :)

No complaining about tent heaters until you open all the windows and turn on the AC in January. I'm betting there's someone there that will beat you down with a frying pan before you get away with that

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Keg?
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#50]
There is also a spare 250 gal propane tank that will be installed next to the tavern.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top