Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2016 7:10:31 PM EDT
I've been fishing at a local spillway below a dam.  Been having some decent luck with shadrap's but catch way more northern's than I do walleye.  I've tried various plastics and never have any luck.  I usually cast way upstream and bounce the jig along the deep pool bottoms.  The water is extremely cloudy.  Any advice on how to catch walleye in this kind of situation?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not a walley fisherman (am going to work on it this summer though).

I thought they were more of a dusk or night fish.  Glow in the dark or floresce at twilight spoon kind of thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not a walley fisherman (am going to work on it this summer though).

I thought they were more of a dusk or night fish.  Glow in the dark or floresce at twilight spoon kind of thing.
View Quote

I thought so too...I've caught more walleye between 12-4 pm than when I fish early morning late night.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Try adding some vibration to your jig/plastic combo by using jigheads with small spinner blades attached below the jig head.  make sure to keep your light as tight as you can while jigging, your doing it right by pitching upstream...just gotta put in the time.  If the pike are as active as you say, I wouldn't even think of tossing a $7+ rapala unless I was running 15 lb braided line and a steel leader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top