Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2015 4:19:01 PM EDT
Send to be popular for camping. I bought some to try. What do I do with it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Grill that sucker up, slice, enjoy on some crackers with some of that laughing cow wrapped cream cheese (I like some fresh cucumbers and tomatoes with it too). Down with beer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grill that sucker up, slice, enjoy on some crackers with some of that laughing cow wrapped cream cheese (I like some fresh cucumbers and tomatoes with it too). Down with beer.
View Quote

Mmmmmm......
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I just slice it and eat it.  If company is coming over, they might get cheese and crackers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I've tried the beef and pork both now. The beef was better.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I mostly make my own from venison. Made 30 pounds last year. Eat it with crackers and cheese.. dice it up and fry it with onions and peppers and then serve over rice.. slice it and put in with taters and onions.. dice small and use in hash. etc etc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Slice, grill/fry, serve with eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, and toast. You could also dice it up and use it in an omelette, in place of ham or bacon.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
just cut and eat.

the whole point of SS, to me, is the simplicity and no preparation = easy and tasty protein calories.

I sometimes squirt mustard on it if I happen to grab a hard boiled egg or two as well. Makes for a good snack or lunch. It's my usual fare when deer hunting.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
People cook summer sausage?  

Slice and eat....with crackers and cheese if you're fancy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People cook summer sausage?  

Slice and eat....with crackers and cheese if you're fancy.
View Quote

My thought as well... why cook it? You're just cooking calories and nutrients out... just slice and eat, or be a manly man and bite chunks off the end of the stick (best not to do this if you're sharing with others)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top