Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:05:18 PM EDT
We have a pretty dynamic organization now.  Berlin U S Veterans Association.  AND berlinbrigade.com.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I never served.  But my brother was in the Berlin brigade from 85-87 or so.  He lived in married housing and they had an extra bedroom so I sold everything I owned and lived with them for several months.

I was there when the US and Russia did a spy swap on Gleinecke Bridge in 1986.  It was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
My uncle did in the early 60s. Apparently had a rifle range not far from a German school....he cringes about it now but I guess they used to take aim at the kids in the playground (far away enough to be oblivious as to what was going on) and fire blanks with their M-14s. Also mentioned hijinks with oranges they'd painted green. I got his Berlin armband as well as an ushanka he got from a Russian soldier for 2 packs of cigarettes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The rifle range was Rose Range and there was no German School nearby where we shot.  I fired on the Berlin Leclerc team for 2 years and spent many days at that range.  However he could be talking about Doughboy City which was a Combat in Cities range.  We trained there using blanks and several of my buddies tell me there was a school near there. I was there 60through 62.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top