Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2015 5:37:05 PM EDT
Hi all, I was discharged from the Marines in '93 and after having moved like a dozen times since then I cannot find any of my medals and ribbons I was awarded. Is there decent place to order new ones? My son is 5 and I wanted to get all my stuff together so I can share with him what I have done over the years as he gets older. Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You can order them via the government as you are entitled to 1 replacement set but I've just seen that in paperwork and never have known anyone to actually go through that route.

Forgot the name on the actual packaging but you can order from them or these guys:

http://www.medalsofamerica.com

http://www.marlowwhite.com/awards-decorations
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi all, I was discharged from the Marines in '93 and after having moved like a dozen times since then I cannot find any of my medals and ribbons I was awarded. Is there decent place to order new ones? My son is 5 and I wanted to get all my stuff together so I can share with him what I have done over the years as he gets older. Thanks in advance for any help.
View Quote

http://www.usamilitarymedals.com/
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies! I will check out the links and go.from there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html

Try this site for free replacement medals.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html

Try this site for free replacement medals.
View Quote

+1

I helped a older friend of mine get his for the Korean war. He was surprised to find out they had awarded subsequent medals for Korean service.

Go through these guys first. Free and somewhat fast, plus no question about what you are authorized to have. They review your records and send the appropriate awards.  Sometimes there are changes after you get out and you end up with additional awards. For example, everyone who served in Viet Nam was awarded a Viet Namese Cross of Gallantry (Unit Citation), but their records were only updated and the medal added if they wrote in and asked.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
PM me a list of what you need and your address and I'll get them at the px here at Pendleton. I probably have extra ribbons in my old uniform tackle box you can have.  Sea service, MUC, NUC, CAR, etc.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Throw them away and move on.  They're an crutch that trips you up rather than aids you move ahead.

Leave the service behind.

LF
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Throw them away and move on.  They're an crutch that trips you up rather than aids you move ahead.

LF
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LF
View Quote

How so?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

PM me a list of what you need and your address and I'll get them at the px here at Pendleton. I probably have extra ribbons in my old uniform tackle box you can have.  Sea service, MUC, NUC, CAR, etc.
View Quote
Thanks so much HDLS, I will get a list together and contact you soon.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I go through Vanguard.  They're the brand sold at most Navy and Marine Corps bases.  Really high quality.  In comparison to my issued Aircrew wings, the set made by Vanguard is amazing.  For whatever reason, some Air Force bases carry the brand, and some don't.

Vanguard
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LF
View Quote

You're not bitter at all are you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

LF
View Quote
Why?

Why can't a man be proud of what he earned?

Your comment is retarded

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Why?

Your comment is retarded

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LF
Why?

Your comment is retarded

I am glad for what I have done in the service and have no regrets. I don't see how they are a hindrance to me. If anything I see them as a reminder that I have been through tougher times and I can get through things. I guess there always has to be a hater troll in the bunch

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.grunt.com/uniform-supplies/medals

They can be pricey depending on the award.  But Sgt Grit/grunt.com is a reputable company run by a Marine Vietnam veteran.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I went through the procedure online, then signed the request forms.  

A few weeks later I received a large envelope, from National Records, with copies on many of my military documentation.  A few months after this I received a package in the mail which contained all of my authorized medals, ribbons and badges.  The cased medals each had the oak leaf clusters/campaign stars I was authorized.  My name is engraved of the back of each of my medals (individual awards, not campaign medals).

I mounted them in a frame and proudly display them in my 'man cave.'
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I went through the procedure online, then signed the request forms.  

A few weeks later I received a large envelope, from National Records, with copies on many of my military documentation.  A few months after this I received a package in the mail which contained all of my authorized medals, ribbons and badges.  The cased medals each had the oak leaf clusters/campaign stars I was authorized.  My name is engraved of the back of each of my medals (individual awards, not campaign medals).

I mounted them in a frame and proudly display them in my 'man cave.'
View Quote
This was through the nat archive?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top