Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2015 8:00:17 PM EDT
Need some help all

Well I put in my retirement packet, but I need my NG DD/NG-214 to get credit for the 3 months of active duty I had

when I went to Basic in 1989.

I transferred from the NC NG to active duty and the packet with training records didn't have it in it

I put in a request to the Nat Archives and after 90days I received a letter saying it wasn't found.

Does any Guardsman know a way to get a DD/NG-214? basically the one piece of paper is holding up my retirement paperwork

even though I have a copy of my old 201 file/basic training certificate etc.

Only thing I know I had and was lost was my NG enlistment contract from 24 yrs ago.

Thanks

Free

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit dude, wish you'd have asked this while I was still at work. I don't go back in til Tuesday.

But I'll send out a text to track down a personnel guru for you Monday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Your the man, thanks        
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shit dude, wish you'd have asked this while I was still at work. I don't go back in til Tuesday.

But I'll send out a text to track down a personnel guru for you Monday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Need some help all

Well I put in my retirement packet, but I need my NG DD/NG-214 to get credit for the 3 months of active duty I had
when I went to Basic in 1989.

I transferred from the NC NG to active duty and the packet with training records didn't have it in it

I put in a request to the Nat Archives and after 90days I received a letter saying it wasn't found.

Does any Guardsman know a way to get a DD/NG-214? basically the one piece of paper is holding up my retirement paperwork
even though I have a copy of my old 201 file/basic training certificate etc.

Only thing I know I had and was lost was my NG enlistment contract from 24 yrs ago.

Thanks
  Free
View Quote
You probably have to get a DD-215, which is an amended and corrected 214. Not a guardsman but did some reserves after I got out. My 214 was full of errors, the times did not add up due to a typo error

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it's usually an NGB 22 (like a DD-214), or an NGB 23, which lists your accrual of retirement points.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]

got it, thanks skinny79
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I'm good for something.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Behold; the power of the WO
Top Top