Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2008 1:32:14 PM EDT
Hello i am scheduled to take my border patrol test in April.

I was wondering the best way to study for this test so i can pass it.

Any and all help is welcomed

thanks in advance

Link Posted: 3/25/2008 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you aren't a native Spanish speaker, study the artificial language part as much as possible. That's where most people seem to fail.
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto to what Redbone said.  Also, go to the site at the link below and spend many hours there.  

www.honorfirst.com/

Link Posted: 3/29/2008 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
hey thanks for the link!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You're welcome.  The guy that runs the website, Ray Harris, was a Marine before he became a Border Patrol Agent.  He is also a good friend of many years' standing.  

The website is an excellent resource and I recommend that you take full advantage of it.  Good luck.

Disclaimer:  No, I do not get kickbacks or other consideration for referring potential candidates to the website.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

thanks in advance

There is a ALT study guide available, check Amazon.  There is also a verb list somewhere on the Honorfirst link that someone provided.  If nothing else, it helps to have the vocab memorized before showing up.  The Vocab tests are gimme's and help to bring your score up.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks in advance

There is a ALT study guide available, check Amazon.  There is also a verb list somewhere on the Honorfirst link that someone provided.  If nothing else, it helps to have the vocab memorized before showing up.  The Vocab tests are gimme's and help to bring your score up.  Good luck.

Yeah i got the BP test book from leaning express as suggested on honorfirst its really helping alot

im actually getting excited about taking the test

thanks again for the link
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
When I took it I had never heard or seen spanish before.  I suggest on the language part, take your time and read all the rules for the fake language that they give you.  Then reference it often.  I'm a math and science kind of guy, english was my weak point in college, but I ended up with a 98 on it.  My best advice, read everything carefully and take your time and you'll do fine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks in advance

Yeah i got the BP test book from leaning express as suggested on honorfirst its really helping alot

im actually getting excited about taking the test

thanks again for the link

No problem, good luck.  I studied my ass off for the ALT part of the test and when I completed it, I was sure I failed.  Most of the people I talked too thought the same thing.  A talked to one of the folks administering the test and she said that is pretty much the common reaction.  I ended up doing just fine.  Don't let it get you down while taking it.  

Quoted:
When I took it I had never heard or seen spanish before.  I suggest on the language part, take your time and read all the rules for the fake language that they give you.  Then reference it often.  I'm a math and science kind of guy, english was my weak point in college, but I ended up with a 98 on it.  My best advice, read everything carefully and take your time and you'll do fine.

Makes sense if your a guy.  We are better at things like math, while women are better at integration of information, ie, learning another language.  I learned that from the March 2008 Edition of the Maxim medical journal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Officer.com has a number of Border Patrol agents. This site is extremely helpful just in general. Good luck!!!

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top