Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 11:11:52 PM EDT
have any of you used a in the waistband holster from The Well Armed Woman, your thoughts or opinions.

link
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  :)

I carry my Shield in every day in it.   Appendix about 1:30-2:00. Very comfy.  I strongly suggest  getting a belt. I wear the black patent leather reinforced holster belt made by the Flashbang holster company,  also sold on the Well Armed Woman site. I know several other woman who carry daily with this holster and belt combo.  All very happy with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  :)

I carry my Shield in every day in it.   Appendix about 1:30-2:00. Very comfy.  I strongly suggest  getting a belt. I wear the black patent leather reinforced holster belt made by the Flashbang holster company,  also sold on the Well Armed Woman site. I know several other woman who carry daily with this holster and belt combo.  All very happy with it.

View Quote

Thanks for the info......They are local to me so I am going to give it a try to support them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Looking at getting this for my Mom.   No problems sitting down with it at appendix carry?  

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Looking at getting this for my Mom.   No problems sitting down with it at appendix carry?  

View Quote

Not at all. What will your mom be carrying? Works just fine with my Shield.

Frankly, there appear to be a number of guys who have this holster, from the reviews on the Well Armed Woman website.

When I sold my Ruger LCR .38sp a few months back, this holster went with it. Guy who bought LCR said he would be using the holster. It wasn't the purple one, I had the carbon black one.

ETA: I found it difficult to get a good grip on my Shield to draw when the clip was in the top of the three holes, which made it sit very low. It works much better with the clip in the middle hole. Still conceals well, but much easier to get a good grip to draw.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 42.  

Thanks for the tips!  

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the wife has been wearing it for about two months and gives it a thumbs down.  She carries an LC9 AIWB at about 1:30.   She is 5'7" 135lbs and works at a zoo, so lots of bending, shoveling etc.  She said that the corner where the clip is jabs her bad when she is working (it has actually brusied her).  The clip also does not stay where she sets it when she puts it on (10 degree cant).  Throughout the day it slowly rotates around the screw and ends up at like a 30 degree cant.  We tried tightening the screw but that does not help because there is a leather piece in it to make the clip clear the holster.  The leather rotates against the kydex.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well the wife has been wearing it for about two months and gives it a thumbs down.  She carries an LC9 AIWB at about 1:30.   She is 5'7" 135lbs and works at a zoo, so lots of bending, shoveling etc.  She said that the corner where the clip is jabs her bad when she is working (it has actually brusied her).  The clip also does not stay where she sets it when she puts it on (10 degree cant).  Throughout the day it slowly rotates around the screw and ends up at like a 30 degree cant.  We tried tightening the screw but that does not help because there is a leather piece in it to make the clip clear the holster.  The leather rotates against the kydex.
View Quote

Leather piece? My all kydex one has no leather in it. Or are you referring to the thread locker?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Leather piece? My all kydex one has no leather in it. Or are you referring to the thread locker?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The screw for the clip goes through the clip then through a round leather piece then through the kydex holster.  I think the leather is a spacer to get the clip to clear the trigger gaurd.

You can see the piece of leather in the pictures on the website.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not leather.  It's  a thread locker to keep the screw tight.  Read the instructions for the holster on their website.  Looks like leather but it's not.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's not leather.  It's  a thread locker to keep the screw tight.  Read the instructions for the holster on their website.  Looks like leather but it's not.

View Quote

I took it apart it is just a plain piece of leather.

The thread lock is the tube of gel they send with the  holster.  This is the thread lock they are talking about on the website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top