Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
Who carries IWB? I got one of the IWB kydex holsters from the Well Armed Woman. It conceals well (appendix), but when I practice drawing, the holster usually comes off my jeans. I did the troubleshooting tip on their website to loosen the holster just slightly so it wasn't so tight fitting on my pistol. That somewhat solved the problem for a few draws, but then the holster comes off my waist again. My jeans are a thinner denim and the fabric has a slightly slippery feel to it. I emailed TWAW and their response indicated that perhap the waistband was too thin, and I should see if I could "fatten" it up some. I put a bit of terrycloth from a wash cloth on my waistband, totally covering the area the clip would be on. This solution worked a few draws, but after that, once again, the still holstered gun came off when I tried to draw.

Any ideas? I may very well have my permit by the end of February. I have a CCW purse, but I'd like to have another option.

Any ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks! :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't wearing a belt (don't own one - gun belt is on my to-buy list), my jeans are a little loose at the waist (between sizes), so I don't know if that makes a.difference. The holster clips on with a long single metal clip.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think a belt would help. All of mine are leather with two clips. Never have an issue with it trying to come out when drawing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
im not a woman but a propper gun belt is very important. i use a crossbreed along with a few of their holsters, check them out. gl
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
im not a woman but a propper gun belt is very important. i use a crossbreed along with a few of their holsters, check them out. gl
View Quote

I second this post on all counts.  A purpose built gun belt makes all the difference in holster carry in my opinion.  I also find leather holsters to be drastically more comfortable for IWB carry.  OWB doesn't make much difference other than aesthetics.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, a GOOD leather belt will make all the difference. I'm not a woman either, but I carry a full size Kimber in a Crossbreed with a medium grade leather belt, I know once I spring for a good one it will be even easier.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to agree, I haven't seen a holster yet that works well enough using just waistband material.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 2:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]
A good belt is mandatory for retention. My wife likes Crossbreed for IWB.

Do not be stuck on one style of holster. Try a few and see what works for YOU.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A good belt is mandatory for retention. My wife likes Crossbreed for IWB.

Do not be stuck on one style of holster. Try a few and see what works for YOU.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried getting around not using a belt for a long while and finally gave in and purchased my first belt.  I agree a belt is the best way to carry IWB.  

What did you end up doing to resolve the issue?  How do you like the holster your purchased from TWAW?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my holster. I need to wait until payday on Wednesday to order a belt.

ETA: I've ordered my belt and it should be here Friday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what did you get? My wife needs a gun belt and I know show won't like a big heavy belt like I use.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So what did you get? My wife needs a gun belt and I know show won't like a big heavy belt like I use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had a wilderness tactical belt for a few years now that I wear for training. Love it. If she wants something more fancy I like the belts from the company that makes the flashbang holster.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've had a wilderness tactical belt for a few years now that I wear for training. Love it. If she wants something more fancy I like the belts from the company that makes the flashbang holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did get one of the fancier belts from Looper Law Enforcement, the maker of the Flashbang. I got the black patent leather dress belt. There's also a brown dress belt.

Black dress belt

Brown dress belt

The Flashbang website has a couple more belts here

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
This is the one I'm planning on getting next, they have some great reviews.  I'll be getting the pink...of course lol.  I also have a LOT of belt stiffener (the polymer material used by major manufacturers for their belts) so I'm planning on making my own leather belts, can't beat custom made.

http://www.crosstac.com/product/lightning-belt
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I did get one of the fancier belts from Looper Law Enforcement, the maker of the Flashbang. I got the black patent leather dress belt. There's also a brown dress belt.

Black dress belt

Brown dress belt

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black dress belt

Brown dress belt

Thanks for posting the actual name of the company. Pregnancy brain kicked in and I couldn't remember it offhand.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Looper makes good stuff, I know one of the big cheese's-nice guy, I'm probably going to go see them one of these days and see about a holster for my 629 V-Comp.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I just received my belt. :) It's gorgeous. Nice and shiny. I'll report how it works with my holster when I get home tonight. Wearing it for the day to get used to it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#18]
OMG, the belt makes all the difference. I can draw and the holster stays on my waistband with the holster clip on my belt. If I put the holster clip on my waistband, under the belt, the holster stays on my waist when I draw, but it does come up a bit. Much more secure with the clip on the belt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Black dress belt

Brown dress belt

View Quote

Thanks for posting that. Either of those belts should work nicely.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm glad you got it to work for you. I LOVE my flashbang belt. It works for all my IWB holsters. and they are stylish too!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I really like the Remora. It's made of a special fabric that sticks to your skin without being "sticky." It's great if you need a holster that doesn't require a belt. My only complaint about it, is that it's really thick. For that reason I switched to a thin clip holster.

If I had my druthers I would walk around in a drop leg rig all the time. It makes me feel like an extra in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Comp-tac mtac for the mp9fs.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#23]
You could try fitting some of this stuff to the outside surface of your holster:

http://www.grainger.com/category/rubber-sheets-and-strips/rubber/raw-materials/ecatalog/N-c1z

I would try either a 1/16" or 1/8" sheet. Cut it to fit over the outer shell and fix it in place with 3M spray adhesive, and it should give the holster a better grip on the inside of the waistband without adding too much bulk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top