Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/29/2012 4:00:01 PM EDT
Anyone have any new builds or toys they want to show off. I'm always looking for my next buy.

For me, I am currently waiting on the funds for a 300 Blackout. Also looking at a helmet set up for a second set of NODs.

Whatcha got ladies?
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My Makarov was my last purchase.

I have been impressed with the accuracy, double so given the low cost.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a DB9 a couple of weeks ago.  I need to get a couple things for it, but I like it so far.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bought a DB9 a couple of weeks ago.  I need to get a couple things for it, but I like it so far.

How is the grip with that? It's a nice looking gun but I haven't ever fondled one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My Makarov was my last purchase.

I have been impressed with the accuracy, double so given the low cost.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/Nurse22lr/RN22lr%20Collection/100.jpg

It might outlast others though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got a new G19 last week.

Going to sell my 5.45 upper and replace with another .556..probably Bravo Company. Not my highest priority since I hardly ever get to shoot these days.

Do you know that I have only shot one Glock in my life and that was years ago. I really need to find someone who has some I can play with. We are just partial to our M&P's.

Bravo is good. I don't shoot my AR enough either. We have been concentrating on AK's and handgun lately.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing new lately, though I would like a Glock of some variety in Dark Earth.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is the grip with that? It's a nice looking gun but I haven't ever fondled one.

LOVE the grip!  I have pretty small hands and it just fits so comfortably.  It's like the gun was made for me.    There is a little bit of kick, but it is nothing like I expected based upon the reviews that I've read on the gun.  But I'm having tons of FTF's; I can't get through a magazine without encountering a problem.  I'm really bummed as I had high hopes for me being able to carry this little guy.  The grip is awesome, the size is perfect, but the reliability is not great  so far.  I've tried shooting it clean, dirty and with multiple different types of ammo.  Weighing my options on what to do with it now.        

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOVE the grip!  I have pretty small hands and it just fits so comfortably.  It's like the gun was made for me.    There is a little bit of kick, but it is nothing like I expected based upon the reviews that I've read on the gun.  But I'm having tons of FTF's; I can't get through a magazine without encountering a problem.  I'm really bummed as I had high hopes for me being able to carry this little guy.  The grip is awesome, the size is perfect, but the reliability is not great  so far.  I've tried shooting it clean, dirty and with multiple different types of ammo.  Weighing my options on what to do with it now.        

I hate to hear about the failures. What kind of ammo are you using? Have you tried some different brands of ammo? Are you using ammo heavier than 124gr? I'm not familiar with this gun but from a quick search it seems those are common problems. If you continue to have problems and decide to get rid of it I recommend the S&W Shields. We have two and they are great.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to hear about the failures. What kind of ammo are you using? Have you tried some different brands of ammo? Are you using ammo heavier than 124gr? I'm not familiar with this gun but from a quick search it seems those are common problems. If you continue to have problems and decide to get rid of it I recommend the S&W Shields. We have two and they are great.

I've been through a few different types and combinations of ammo now - FMJ/hollow points/different grains(115 & 124)/different brands - and every magazine has at least one failure.  I'll be calling DB next week to get their thoughts.  I really like this one so I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet.  It might be as simple as a magazine issue from the bit of research that I've done; fingers crossed!  Thanks for recommendation on the S&W Shields, I'll have to look into that!  
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been through a few different types and combinations of ammo now - FMJ/hollow points/different grains(115 & 124)/different brands - and every magazine has at least one failure.  I'll be calling DB next week to get their thoughts.  I really like this one so I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet.  It might be as simple as a magazine issue from the bit of research that I've done; fingers crossed!  Thanks for recommendation on the S&W Shields, I'll have to look into that!  

Looks like the Shield is a good bit heavier than the DB9 so if you like the weight of it then you are probably better off. Hope the company can fix your problems.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My newest toys
AK

Dont judge the paint job. It was just a project I did for fun. It will probably get repainted.
Obviously the Shields

I like the way this gun feels. It has virtually no kick compared to my Ruger LCP. I dont like it as much as I do my full size M&P.

The next build for me will be a 8.5in 300 blackout with Troy rails. It will be suppressed and used as my night stand gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For me, the Glock 17 is the gun that fits best but it can be difficult to conceal. I carry a 19 because the mags and gear are mostly interchangable, but I don't love it.

I've only shot a Shield once but its a nice gun..all the M&Ps are..I'm just pretty well into Glocks and it would be a hassle to switch at this point, even if I wanted to.

Post pics of the new build when you do it. I love that other women like putting together their own stuff.

Non-gun related but the SouthNarc class I just took was great..can't say enough good about it.

Cowboy was the same way about his Sigs. He was all Sig. When he started training locally with DARC he got to see a lot of different brands of guns being shot in classes. The M&P's were out performing the others and had a lot of good reviews from other classmates so he switched. Its like an avalanche. Some how we just keep acquiring more. Fortunately I fell in love with the full size and because we have the same guns its easy for us to share mags and ammo.

That being said, I have taken an interest in the durability of the Glocks lately. A lot of women carry Glocks, there has to be a reason for that. My father in law owns a few and I do have plans of trying them out. I dont know if I would consider it a ccw but having a back up full size gun would be nice. I just cant see any of these full sizes as ccw.  

I saw you talking about the force on force stuff in the other thread. That is great. You should give a small review on your experience with force on force. I am just now getting into it and would love to hear what you learned from it. I know some of the other girls are also interested. Its an eye opener. When the weather cools I should be participating in a lot more OPFOR locally.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife doesn't post on here ( mainly cuz I can't pry her off of Faceboof and Twitter ) but I got her a Sig P238 Lady In Red. Her 3rd Sig now.

I think she is an addict  
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#16]
My last build.... everyone needs an AR pistol :

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a new baby too. Finally got that 300blk

I've also recently commandeered the hubs Commander 45 1911.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/SHOOTNLOOT556/IMG_2066-1.jpg

What caliber? Do you like the rails?
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]
GOOD THREAD!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Right now I'm looking around and researching for a carry gun. I would love to fondle a Shield. I have heard good things about it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2012 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a new baby too. Finally got that 300blk
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/BeautifulStranger_13/10E2D1AD-7447-4B91-AD60-3BB588414E4C-4123-0000052F5939D161.jpg
I've also recently commandeered the hubs Commander 45 1911.

That is so full of sexy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I have new some new toys..,I'll post pics when the latest one arrives next week (hopefully) heh heh....and, yes, there will be pink
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought adding a vertical foregrip to a pistol constitutes 'making' an AOW?
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATF has specifically responded with a letter that the magpul's Angled Fore Grip (AFG) is not a VFG and hence can be used on pistols and handguns.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATF has specifically responded with a letter that the Magpul's Angled Fore Grip (AFG) is not a VFG and hence can be used on pistols and handguns.

cool, good to know

was ATF's letter in response to a specific individual or an industry circular disseminated to FFL holders in general?
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 2:45:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Bought my bff a new Kimber Solo CDP which finally came in last week.  WOW! What a gun...hopefully we'll get to do the break in this weekend and if it shoots as good as it looks and feels I'm going to have to buy one for myself
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#27]
My birthday present to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#28]
happy birthday!
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#30]
+1 Happy Birthday!  I've got to ask, what made you choose the Remington?
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
+1 Happy Birthday!  I've got to ask, what made you choose the Remington?

It came down to a Springfield, a Kimber and the Remington. The Remington had the best in hand feel. I have really small hands so finding a well balanced gun is important. The action seemed smooth in the store. The front sites are going to be really helpful with my accuracy. We already have a Smith & Wesson 1911 and a Colt 1911 so it was something different. I knew we could find the others locally if I decided I wanted to buy them but I haven't seen a Remington locally. To be different.

I have had the chance to shoot three mags through it and it is a very smooth gun. The trigger needs some work and I was getting some rubbing on the web of my hand from the safety. Things I will have to work out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Very interesting.  I've not noticed differing hand feel among 1911s.  I do have relatively large hands though, so it probably doesn't make as big a difference to me.  My "go to" is a SA Loaded Champion.  Next time I'm at the local gun shop I'll see if they've got a Remington I can handle.  Now you've got me curious.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#33]
@BeautifulStranger..

Sorry for the delay in responding...

Cal. 5.56 and yes the rail is awesome. Samson makes it for Rainier, it's the 12.5. Very nice.
Your .300 looks sexy..
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@BeautifulStranger..

Sorry for the delay in responding...

Cal. 5.56 and yes the rail is awesome. Samson makes it for Rainier, it's the 12.5. Very nice.
Your .300 looks sexy..

Thanks. I really like the looks of that rail. *runs off to oogle them on the Internet*
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Not a gun but a new toy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Wow, that's pretty hard core.  What do you use the night vision for? I've seen similar setups for hog hunting at night.  Is it a ballistic helmet?

I'm weird, I collect different kinds of helmets such as fire helmets, flight helmets and military helmets.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow, that's pretty hard core.  What do you use the night vision for? I've seen similar setups for hog hunting at night.  Is it a ballistic helmet?

I'm weird, I collect different kinds of helmets such as fire helmets, flight helmets and military helmets.

We use them for OPFOR and animal control on our farm. It's not ballistic. We are planning on upgrading to ballistic ones soon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF has specifically responded with a letter that the Magpul's Angled Fore Grip (AFG) is not a VFG and hence can be used on pistols and handguns.

cool, good to know

was ATF's letter in response to a specific individual or an industry circular disseminated to FFL holders in general?

Here's a bit more info on it;

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/525036_Request___Scans_of_any_letters_from_the_BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=1#i5184611

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cool, good to know

Here's a bit more info on it;

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/525036_Request___Scans_of_any_letters_from_the_BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=1#i5184611

thanks for the update
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#40]
BeautifulStranger, you always have excellent taste in firearms and gear. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that .300 Blackout (including the specs of your gun) once you've had time to put it through its paces. That looks like one helluva good choice for a bedside gun. I might need to acquire something like that pretty soon but know diddly squat about the .300 BLK world.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
BeautifulStranger, you always have excellent taste in firearms and gear. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that .300 Blackout (including the specs of your gun) once you've had time to put it through its paces. That looks like one helluva good choice for a bedside gun. I might need to acquire something like that pretty soon but know diddly squat about the .300 BLK world.

8" Noveske barrel, 7" Noveske NSR rail, AAC 762SD suppressor and currently has an Aimpoint M3. Will soon have a Vortex 2.5-10 for deer hunting. Right now it's on cowboy's SBR lower, Bcm charging handle and BCG. I think that's it.

It's current purpose is to be a hunting rifle. We haven't had a chance to shoot it much but what we have shot has been great. Its super quiet even with bad ammo. I will update when I can get it zeroed and run some accuracy drills through it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My DB9 runs quite well on a diet of 147 gr. Federal Hydrashocks, so that might be an option before sending it it to the factory. I'm switching to Winchester PDX 147 grainers soon, and will let you know if they run as well as the Hydrashocks.

Link Posted: 12/21/2012 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#43]
I got a new toy today.

Has that new gun smell
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Nice gun .  What caliber is it?  I just bought a Glock 21 45acp. but there for awhile I wasn't sure whether to get the 45acp M&P instead.  Make sure you give us a range report! I may have to add an M&P to the collection anyways.

Congrats! Sniff that thing as much as possible now, that "new gun smell" doesn't last long lol.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nice gun .  What caliber is it?  I just bought a Glock 21 45acp. but there for awhile I wasn't sure whether to get the 45acp M&P instead.  Make sure you give us a range report! I may have to add an M&P to the collection anyways.

Congrats! Sniff that thing as much as possible now, that "new gun smell" doesn't last long lol.

It's another 9mm. I have two and the husband has one. He bought a full size M&P 45 yesterday as well. I'll let you know what I think after shooting his. We are both big fans of the M&P's. I'm considering a Glock purchase in the future. I can't stand the way they look or feel but so many people like them there has to be a reason.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's another 9mm. I have two and the husband has one. He bought a full size M&P 45 yesterday as well. I'll let you know what I think after shooting his. We are both big fans of the M&P's. I'm considering a Glock purchase in the future. I can't stand the way they look or feel but so many people like them there has to be a reason.

They are both remarkable handguns. The M&P wins in some areas, the Glock in others. But overall, I'd rate them about even. If you decide to give the Glock a try, I'd recommend going with a 9mm variant, as they seem to be the most trouble free. And a grip reduction might be something you'd be interested in to take away the "funky" Glock feel. Just getting rid of the finger grooves alone seems to make the grip feel 10x better. I wish Glock offered a finger groove free Gen 2 grip as an option. But it is what it is. Still, it is something that can be worked with. Also, not sure how you feel about the .40, but I'd suggest sticking to the M&P as a platform for that round. Recoil with the .40 Glocks tends to be quite snappy. The M&P is very soft shooting in comparison. And it seems M&P .40s are less prone to certain problems than their Glock .40 counterparts.

BTW, you did mighty well to find a gem like that M&P in this current climate! Sheesh. It seems most counters are bare of everything right now, even Hi-Points. LOL.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's my Christmas 2012 haul (and, no, this isn't typical lol)

Pink camo Walther P22 (looks black and white in the pic for some reason)

Pink pearl grip "Bond Girl" Derringer 38/357mag

S&W Performance Center 629 V-Comp 44mag
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#49]
New build. Its no done yet, it still needs a scope. Thinking about having it professional hydrodipped.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I finally got what I have been wanting for so long. My SCAR 17

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top