Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2001 12:35:05 AM EDT
John McCain is acting to betray us yet again. We will see action on a bill that would force gun groups, as well as other politically active organizations, to send a list of there members. By classifying group members as "contributors" the government wants this private information. News at the "cat and mouse" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com

Plus 2 new web polls.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
A judge in Florida has already rouled this as uncostitutional.How this bill goin to make it if NRA take it to US supreme court?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Bastard democrat in republican clothing.Im sure glad he didnt make it as a pres.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I will second that one!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
 I guess we should count ourselves fortunate
that they are not siezing the owners.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
No offense to NRA or gun group members, but this is why I quit a long time ago, and contribute in secret. I don't trust a damn one of those gutless slime in Washington.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The government just got to have their hands in and on everything, don't they.  I believe that the elder statesman Jessie Helms was right when he said something similiar to this referring to our nation, it is going to hell in a handbasket.  I believe this is true or will be fulfilled if something isn't done.  I just wish I had the know how and or the funds to try to doing something about it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know for sure but I did read somewhere that the NAACP has already won a case in Supreme Court about membership list. Groups don't have to give them out. On the Jesse Helms issue I wrote him the other day and told him this Ala boy would be proud to call him Father  or Brother  or whatever he wanted to be called.We need many more like him ----Hayboy
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
John McCain did his duty for our country and paid a high price.  But frankly, his work on the campaign laws will harm the country.  McCain seems to have a screw loose, or has democrat envy.  Wasn't he one of the Keating Five?  Looks like his act of contrition is going to cost us some of our free speech rights, all so that money will flow through other means.  Between the finance "reformers" and the wacky environmentalists, I have a hard time watching the news.  To all our friends in Arizona, don't send us the Manchurian Candidate agian.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Gentlemen,
    Unfortunatley revealing the N.R.A. member list isn't going to tell the feds anything they don't already know. I can gaurantee you they already have them. If they (C.I.A., N.S.A. etc.)can get intelligence on terrorist organizations in the middle of africa, south america, asia, the middle east, and a million other places around the world, how hard do you think it would be for them to infiltrate the N.R.A.? Not very. Assume they know everything about you, because they probably do.......
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#11]
You know, that is right, it is practically irrelevant since if they really wanted this information, they could get it by hook or by crook.

I think the issue is about who else would get access to the information.  What if some vindictive people got this info through a FOIA request and started using it to harass people?

I could see some chapter of MMM using local NRA member lists to spy on people and file false reports against them.  It is a common tactic on the left, especially fals reports about child abuse or child endangerment.  I could see school counselors (commissars) getting NRA member lists and comparing them to the kids in school and making them go through extra security screening to attend school.  That of course would include interrogations and indoctrination.  

On the other hand, we would get membership lists of our enemy organizations and play the whole tit for tat game.  I am not sure if I like it either way, but my palms sweat at the thought of getting a hold of a full MMM membership and donor list.  :)
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the true reason they are trying to reveal the list is to deter people from joining/renewing memberships with the N.R.A. Just from the post on this board you can see that some people are scared to join or have thier names revealed. If they succeed it detering people from joining they have won. Be proud that you support you're rights...stand up... do not hide.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#13]
If they really wanted our names, it aint that hard.  Lists such as this give them cyber nams which I'm sure they can use to cross refrence some how and get real names, addresses, phone numbers, pant size, and any other thing they want.  Not to mention that if anyone has had to go through a NICS check then the FBI and BATF already haveyour name as a gun owner.  And if you live in state with shall-issue CCWs or CHLs, such as Texas, and you have one,like I do, then they already haveyour name, address, phone # and fingerprints.  Just a little something to think about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top