Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:31:41 AM EDT
Thanks Dick!

He and his wife donated $500 each - it's towards the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Fuck that guy.  Next mount I buy will be a Larue.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Continued douchbaggery. Are we surprised? Fuck DS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Doubt this could lower his stock much - zero is zero.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm pleased to say that I don't own anything that fuckhead makes... and never will.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
A pox upon him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks Dick!

Dick can go to hell.  Did he copyright the 500, too?

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Careful now, he'll sic his lawyers on us because you used the word "traitor" which he has trademarked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#8]
In a recent SHOT Show guide, it lists some guy as a point of contact with Swan added to his last name.  (eg Jones-Swan)

Did he take on his wife's last name?  Or did the Swans go Castllian?

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Careful dude. Douche Swill and his lawyer army will dick stomp your first amendment rights if you bring anymore of his bullshit to light.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Ya know,,,for all the hatred of Dick Swan around here one must keep in context that none of the advancements in M16 optic platforms would have come about as soon as they did if it wasn't for his pioneering in getting that ball rolling.

Same can be said for Leatherman products.

I am just willing to bet all you haters still do your shopping at Wal-Mart too.

Nobody in the democratic party is going to care that he and his wife dropped a grand in donations either.

Probably did it so you haters would whine and he could then file a lawsuit against you for slander and get his money back and then some.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#11]
There  are sooooo many confused middle of the roader & left leaning libertarian types populating firearms forums that I'm sure the upper & middle management of Firearms related compinies have the same issues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Doubt this could lower his stock much - zero is zero.

Negative numbers exist for a reason

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Ack. NOT cool.

Next BUIS I need will NOT be ARMS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There  are sooooo many confused middle of the roader & left leaning libertarian types populating firearms forums that I'm sure the upper & middle management of Firearms related compinies have the same issues.

http://www.marthacoakley.com/ She seems like a real progun 2A candidate. Especially since she just got the kennedy mafia nod.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm done with his shit anyway. LaRue gets my money, as does Troy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Boycott, dont slander, lets keep this as a sticky, we def. need to support those that support us. I bought my stuff from http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/ next AR (now that I know more) will be from LaRue.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm done with his shit anyway. LaRue gets my money, as does Troy.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#19]
ARMS is shit kit, and Dick Swan is an Asshole on top of that... What else is there to say.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ya know,,,for all the hatred of Dick Swan around here one must keep in context that none of the advancements in M16 optic platforms would have come about as soon as they did if it wasn't for his pioneering in getting that ball rolling.

Nobody in the democratic party is going to care that he and his wife dropped a grand in donations either.

Probably did it so you haters would whine and he could then file a lawsuit against you for slander and get his money back and then some.

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer and owner of Sam's Club warehouse stores, gives more money to Republican candidates than any other company does. Its top three managers, including Chief Executive H. Lee Scott, donated the individual maximum $2,000 to Bush, and Jay Allen, vice president for corporate affairs, raised at least $100,000 to re-elect the president, earning him the Bush campaign's designation of "Pioneer."
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#21]
It's almost sickening that we need a sticky with a list of the firearms/AR parts manufacturers/retailers that are pro-2A.  It should be obvious, but it is categorically not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer and owner of Sam's Club warehouse stores, gives more money to Republican candidates than any other company does. Its top three managers, including Chief Executive H. Lee Scott, donated the individual maximum $2,000 to Bush, and Jay Allen, vice president for corporate affairs, raised at least $100,000 to re-elect the president, earning him the Bush campaign's designation of "Pioneer."
Hey asshat, I was against walmart coming into my small town of 10k ppl 10 years ago, Now that its hear, our small businesses are actually thriving. And we have one of the most profitable walmarts nationally, not to mention its impeccable and really seen as a positive for this town. yes there is some riff-raff there, but i believe it provides a valuable service, and as a store, its a leader in productivity & treatment of workers (contrary to what you are led to think from the MSM - most ARE happy.) they get my business.  PS - i always championed for a business like walmart to buy GM/Chrysler - can you imagine what they would do to that company? Autos could be a leading industry here again, not a subsidized govt entity that will fail anyway since they didnt destroy the union...

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks Dick!

Both you fuckers got cease and desist letters on the way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Support America, buy Larue
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
The only ARMS product I have is the rear site that came with my Stag...will not consider buying anything from them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Dick!

Both you fuckers got cease and desist letters on the way.

If they got cease and desist letters, I'd hate to what some of us are getting...

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

He might have been a pioneer in his day, but time moves on.  Instead of keeping with the times, innovating and making his kit better, he brings lawsuits against those companies that do.  His past achievements considered, he's still an asshole in the present.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The only ARMS product I have is the rear site that came with my Stag...will not consider buying anything from them.

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't currently own any tactical rifles.  But I'm saving for them, and I'm young, and I anticipate spending some cash on firearms and accessories over my lifetime.  After this fiasco, know where I won't be shopping.

Then again, LaRue probably had me from the start anyway just because of his presence on these boards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Leatherman doesn't sue everyone he comes in contact with, and doesn't trademark commonly used words or numbers.

I'd venture to guess he's a far, far, far richer man.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He might have been a pioneer in his day, but time moves on.  Instead of keeping with the times, innovating and making his kit better, he brings lawsuits against those companies that do.  His past achievements considered, he's still an asshole in the present.

This.

ETA: Mass. residents: Vote Scott Brown for U.S. Senate!!!!!

ETA2: It's going to be an upset!

http://www.brownforussenate.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey asshat, I was against walmart coming into my small town of 10k ppl 10 years ago, Now that its hear, our small businesses are actually thriving. And we have one of the most profitable walmarts nationally, not to mention its impeccable and really seen as a positive for this town. yes there is some riff-raff there, but i believe it provides a valuable service, and as a store, its a leader in productivity & treatment of workers (contrary to what you are led to think from the MSM - most ARE happy.) they get my business.  PS - i always championed for a business like walmart to buy GM/Chrysler - can you imagine what they would do to that company? Autos could be a leading industry here again, not a subsidized govt entity that will fail anyway since they didnt destroy the union...

Which one of us is the asshat?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#34]
This is disappointing.  Why would a firearms accessory manufacturer donate to any of these douchebags?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one of us is the asshat?  
Not you.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This is disappointing.  Why would a firearms accessory manufacturer donate to any of these douchebags?

I believe the phrase you're looking for is: "Birds of a feather...."

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Bum for continued negative publicity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the phrase you're looking for is: "Birds of a feather...."

Yeah, I guess.  Regardless of what you think of the guy and his products (I don't own any of his stuff and he seems to be overly litigious) , you really need to question why someone would donate money to a politician dedicated to putting him out of business.  I wonder what the back story is?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Dick can go suck a bag of dicks. I've destroyed my #17 throw lever mounts and sent them to LaRue. Now all I have left of ARMS is the two #40 BUISs and a SIR 45C. I need to replace those next. RABIDFOX50 will be ARMS free in 2010.

Dick Swan is a sue happy pussy traitor bitch drunk with delusions of grandeur.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Soft bribes in case they need some assistance in the future.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You can ask the same of Robinson Arms.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#42]
ARMS
Ruger
Leatherman
Robinson

Anyone else to add?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ARMS
Ruger
Leatherman
Robinson

Anyone else to add?

The owner of Cooper Arms donated to the Obama camp during the election.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Larue for the win

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#45]
What's wrong with leatherman? They make way better tools then gerber.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Get a rope... there needs to be a public hangin'

Seriously... wtf over?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Didn't Mark LaRue drop $1000 on the republican just to counter Swan?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In a recent SHOT Show guide, it lists some guy as a point of contact with Swan added to his last name.  (eg Jones-Swan)

Did he take on his wife's last name?  Or did the Swans go Castllian?

Yeah, his son in law took Swan's daughter's name.  (A friend of mine, actually, though I'm no fan of his father in law.)
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARMS

Ruger

Leatherman

Robinson

Anyone else to add?

And the Board of Directors promptly kicked him the fuck out of his own company.

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARMS
Ruger
Leatherman
Robinson

Anyone else to add?

Would Ruger still be on that list under the son?  Also, for the benefit of Arfcom, I would suggest we maintain a list of definitely PRO 2A companies, not maintain a negative list, just to make sure the site owners are never accused of negative advertising.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top