Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#1]
$$$?
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna tag this early on.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
They could be on to something....  I wonder what it will cost.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$$$?

this

we talking $250 or $2,500
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
$$$?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
interesting
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$$$?

this

we talking $250 or $2,500

Well, on "red dot" mode it's $250, but flips to $2,500 with the flip of a lever!
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't want to be an early adopter, but that is a cool idea.  

I want to put a red dot on a compact, light bolt action.  I know that sounds dumb but I don't care.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
$$$?

no idea, we'll see at SHOT........
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#13]
The fap factor is strong in this thread.

If its not mucho dinero AND its rugged....then....
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#14]

3-15x52 K5 tactical riflescope

In a life-and-death situation, your optics have got to be foolproof. Engineered and crafted in Sisters, OR, USA, Kruger Optical’s 3-15x52 K5 Tactical Riflescope offers the reliability that is required. An illuminated Mil-dot ranging reticle, with 10 distinct brightness settings, ensures quick and accurate target acquisition.

Excellent eye relief (>4 inches) is constant over the entire magnification range. A large exit pupil (ranging from 4mm at high power to 12.5mm at low power) makes it easy to keep the target in sight. A 5x erector system allows the user to choose the correct magnification and field of view for the situation.With a 1-piece maintube, the K5 is strong, durable and lightweight. A 30mm tube allows for plenty of windage and elevation adjustment. Resettable, accurate ¼-minute windage and elevation clicks allow for precise sighting. Side focus parallax adjustment, ranging from 25 yards to infinity, is accurate and easy to use.

The K5 features high-performance, fully multi-coated optics, with hydrophobic, scratch resistant coatings applied to external lens surfaces. Flip-up scope caps

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, how does it work exactly? Does the lever flip up a 2-8 magnifier? Objectives must be tiny if it's buried in that body.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Very interesting.....I'm interested
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I will own this. Perfect for .308MBR.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Wonder if those QD levers are totally built in, or a mount that can be replaced.  No idea if they'll be quality or not, but wondering anyway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$$$?

no idea, we'll see at SHOT........

Gotcha. Thanks for posting it. It's ugly as sin, but a definitely intriguing concept, particularly if it's rugged...
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I want to put a red dot on a compact, light bolt action.  I know that sounds dumb but I don't care.

I don't see anything dumb about that.  Sounds like a good rig for brush hunting applications, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see anything dumb about that.  Sounds like a good rig for brush hunting applications, IMO.

That's exactly what I want it for, I've just never seen a bolt gun with a red dot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I like.  Very much.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Any idear on what quality glass they put in ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

tag

I'd also like to know what "shockproof" means.  I'm curious about how robust it actually is.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://www.krugeroptical.com/images/product_pics/63318.jpg

http://www.krugeroptical.com/images/feature_tables/ko-scope-features.jpg
3-15x52 K5 tactical riflescope

In a life-and-death situation, your optics have got to be foolproof. Engineered and crafted in Sisters, OR, USA, Kruger Optical’s 3-15x52 K5 Tactical Riflescope offers the reliability that is required. An illuminated Mil-dot ranging reticle, with 10 distinct brightness settings, ensures quick and accurate target acquisition.

Excellent eye relief (>4 inches) is constant over the entire magnification range. A large exit pupil (ranging from 4mm at high power to 12.5mm at low power) makes it easy to keep the target in sight. A 5x erector system allows the user to choose the correct magnification and field of view for the situation.With a 1-piece maintube, the K5 is strong, durable and lightweight. A 30mm tube allows for plenty of windage and elevation adjustment. Resettable, accurate ¼-minute windage and elevation clicks allow for precise sighting. Side focus parallax adjustment, ranging from 25 yards to infinity, is accurate and easy to use.
The K5 features high-performance, fully multi-coated optics, with hydrophobic, scratch resistant coatings applied to external lens surfaces. Flip-up scope caps

http://www.krugeroptical.com/images/feature_tables/63318.jpg

this info highlighted in red is for a different scope

eyerelief of the 1-8x is 3 inches magnified and unlimited unmagnified
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#28]
more info

go to left side of page where it says 1-8x40mm Dual Sight
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not dumb, I run an Aimpoint on a bolt gun.

It looks like the sight works like a EOtrash and then a mirror or lens flips up allowing you to look through the magnified part of the scope (the body, look at the posted picture, the body is the the magnified part).

This isn't going to work on anything with a fixed front sight and I doubt the glass will be of great quality, novel idea though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#30]
OST
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I will own this. Perfect for .308MBR.

Yes, my STG-58 FAL needs this to cover the DSA mount
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks, how does it work exactly? Does the lever flip up a 2-8 magnifier? Objectives must be tiny if it's buried in that body.

the objective lens is at the front of the body.
When you flip the lever the light path for the front lens is directed up where the 1x red dot image was.

Magnification is a slider on the side.

So basically you have two optics built together sharing the same ocular lens.
Flip the lever one way and you have a standard red dot sight.
Flip the lever and you have a 2-8x scope with mil dot reticle.

the question is build quality and price.......

but this concept will be the future and it won't be very long before those stupid 3x magnifiers hanging behind red dots are looked
at the same as the old bolt action rifles converted to semi/full auto.......stoooopid.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#33]
So the front of the tube looks like glass, so as a guess the lower tube is a scope with a red dot on top. Flip a lever and a path of vision changes such that you now look through the tube. Just have a flip in place mirror to either look straight through the red dot on top of the scope of through the scope tube.

My random wild ass guess.

ETA:

Damn, beat by that Writer guy!

The only glaring problem I see is the inability to use BUIS systems with the scope that low to the barrel. How much of an impact this is depends on the individual I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#34]
So how does it switch...lever moves a mirror up and down?

or something else?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Intersting...
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Because it's ugly, it can never be Tacticool and therefore it will fail...

That sight will look hideous next to my eotech and Aimpoint (that I've never replaced batteries in either
) in my safe of brand new Tacticool rifles.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you flip the lever the light path for the front lens is directed up where the 1x red dot image was.

but this concept will be the future and it won't be very long before those stupid 3x magnifiers hanging behind red dots are looked
at the same as the old bolt action rifles converted to semi/full auto.......stoooopid.

I gotcha, so the light path takes a Z shaped route via a mirror or prism when using the scope? The POA of each sight is independent? Yep, interesting concept. I only hope the the complexity doesn't reduce the durability much.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#38]
This sounds relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's exactly what I want it for, I've just never seen a bolt gun with a red dot.

http://www.americanhunter.org/Webcontent/images/2009-11/20091110-imgp2844_m.gif

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sportsafield.com/email_newsletter_0906_files/enewsletter_pics_0906/web_ready/AimpointProductPreview.png&imgrefurl=http://www.sportsafield.com/email_newsletter_0906.html&usg=__WSoFcr9jIYxCe0a815r5khe8sLM=&h=468&w=324&sz=64&hl=en&start=2&sig2=Pfe5GjafEW7pc_yD5dnuhQ&tbnid=t2EJAF9SELLwgM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=89&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daimpoint%2Bhunting%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den&ei=4OdES_CHDsqPtgeTjKzODA

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#41]
It's a very interesting concept. I like the idea, but I'd really want to check it out in person. I though the Burris AR scope was going to be nice too.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks gimmicky.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not dumb, I run an Aimpoint on a bolt gun.

It looks like the sight works like a EOtrash and then a mirror or lens flips up allowing you to look through the magnified part of the scope (the body, look at the posted picture, the body is the the magnified part).

This isn't going to work on anything with a fixed front sight and I doubt the glass will be of great quality, novel idea though.

From the appearance, there is no 'lever' to switch.

It's a periscopic magnified optic UNDER an EOTech/Kobra style open red-dot.

If you look down the body of the scope, you get 2-8x, if you look over the top through the red-dot, you get 1x.

Think 'SLR camera'

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The only glaring problem I see is the inability to use BUIS systems with the scope that low to the barrel. How much of an impact this is depends on the individual I suppose.

Offset BUIS on 45 degree picatinnys?

Sounds stupid, but it's been done before on combat guns (Owen SMG, Bren gun)
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gotcha, so the light path takes a Z shaped route via a mirror or prism when using the scope? The POA of each sight is independent? Yep, interesting concept. I only hope the the complexity doesn't reduce the durability much.

actually its not very complex...and this type of system has been used before in spotting scopes.
Looks to be less complicated then ELCANS 1x/4x DR1

I got a call in to them, we'll see what they have to say.......

I want to find out price, that will tell us a lot.
Then I want to play with one at SHOT.

Could be cool, could be junk.......dunno....
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.madriverknife.com/prodimages/MT022small.JPG

Just use a riser block for the scope.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Dave-A the lever to switch is right on the back left side.
the lever to change magnification is in the middle on the left side.

You can plainly see both in the pics.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.madriverknife.com/prodimages/MT022small.JPG

Just use a riser block for the scope.

using a riser block on this would be

stoopid

you have one ocular for both images, and it's raised.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, it looks like a little gimmicky POS.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks like a tilting mirror set up. Probably means that the red dot and the scope are zero'd separately. Since the scope is on the lower portion of the body, iron sights would be a no-go.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top