Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2009 7:38:37 AM EDT
Scored 2 of them, they look good, clean roll marks and nice finish on them, they look to be good to go, I hope to get a LPK in one of them tonight. Got consecutive serial numbers on the lowers and thought it was cool that one of them ends in 42 like my username...

I also picked up 2 of the stripped upper receivers, the one locks up really tight with both lowers and the other has a little bit of play in it, I'm hoping an accu-wedge will tighten it up some, keep in mind I don't have any pins to stick in them to see if that fixes it.
BTW, the look on my FFL dealer's face when I told him I snatched the two lowers and upper receivers for $200 was priceless.
Now the obligatory pics with my BCM BCG and BCM gunfighter CH making a guest a cameo....

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#1]
be sure to post how well the mag locks up in them and how smooth they are to insert/release, since a lot of people reported issues in that area.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you post a link for where you got these?  Are they still available?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
For that price, you can hardly go wrong.  If they work well, awesome!––if not, no great loss.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
got them here http://shop.si-defense.com/

the lowers are sold out, we cleaned them out within a few hours when it was posted they were selling for $50, the forged a3 stripped uppers receivers are still only $50 though...

one of the guys in the build it yourself sub-forum said he got an email on like 12/18 saying they were sold out of the forged lowers but will be offering them again for $50 in like 6 weeks and they have a list you can get on to put some on hold.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag for future report
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#6]
The lowers were sold out on the last thread.  It looks like they are gtg.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

be sure to post how well the mag locks up in them and how smooth they are to insert/release, since a lot of people reported issues in that area.

Check the first post for my experience:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=473202

I did have one slightly annoying issue, but overall just fine, no magwell problems at all.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep..was ready to pull the trigger to start my first AR build with one of these lowers , but apparently it was more important for some ARFCOMmers to have multiple lowers that are probably just gonna' sit around.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep..was ready to pull the trigger to start my first AR build with one of these lowers , but apparently it was more important for some ARFCOMmers to have multiple lowers that are probably just gonna' sit around.  

Gotta jump on those in minutes around here, man.  At that price, you're getting a lower for the price that people were buying Pmags for.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why yes...yes it is.
Keep up on the in-stock deals thread in the membership area to avoid further disappointment.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
How do the uppers look?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
HERE is a link to the original thread.
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Got the DPMS LPK installed on one tonight and everything went just fine, no issues, don't have any mags to do any drop free tests tho.  The a3 upper shown is the SI defense $50 one and like I said before, the one upper (in the pic) fits both lowers and locks up really tight, the other a3 upper has some wobble on both lowers, I believe the part the retaining pins go through isn't wide enough as the other barely slides into alignment.
Here's the pics...  I'm kind of proud of myself, no vice, no pin punches, really none of the tools you need at all, I used a small screw driver, small hammer and a leatherman to assemble the lower and managed to not F anything up or scratch anything...  

Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Shooter42, is this a low shelf?
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got the DPMS LPK installed on one tonight and everything went just fine, no issues, don't have any mags to do any drop free tests tho.  The a3 upper shown is the SI defense $50 one and like I said before, the one upper (in the pic) fits both lowers and locks up really tight, the other a3 upper has some wobble on both lowers, I believe the part the retaining pins go through isn't wide enough as the other barely slides into alignment.

Here' sthe pics...  I'm kind of proud of myself, no vice, no pin punches, really none of the tools you need at all, I used a small screw driver, small hammer and a leatherman to assemble the lower and managed to not F anything up or scratch anything...  

Well..................where's the pics?
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here' sthe pics...  I'm kind of proud of myself, no vice, no pin punches, really none of the tools you need at all, I used a small screw driver, small hammer and a leatherman to assemble the lower and managed to not F anything up or scratch anything...  

Well..................where's the pics?

forgot to edit out the SN so I had to go back and edit it...

Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Cosmos, what do you mean, I don't understand your question...  

Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why yes...yes it is.

Keep up on the in-stock deals thread in the membership area to avoid further disappointment.

hey when they offer up 2 for 1 lap dances at the strip club, you don't just get 1 do you???    

Link Posted: 1/1/2010 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Cosmos, what do you mean, I don't understand your question...  

He wants a pic or description of the area the FCG goes .
He wants to know if it will accept a RDIAS probably .
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody have magwell issues and don't want to keep it? - I was looking to score 1 for a 9mm build but they were out by the time I tried to order.

With the mag block in place... no one would ever know.
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 4:30:50 AM EDT
[#21]
anyone else find this?
thread
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#22]
nice lowers, and great price...excellent.
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

don't have any mags

Blasphemy!!

Link Posted: 1/2/2010 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't have any mags

Blasphemy!!

I know, I know...  this my first build and all my money is going towards the parts I need.  I don't know anyone with any pmags or I'd test them out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top