Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 12/24/2009 1:08:38 PM EDT
RULES:  

1) NO PISSANT MOANING ABOUT *I DIDN'T GET SHIT* IF YOU DIDN'T GET SHIT, YOU DON'T QUALIFY FOR THIS CONTEST.
2) GIFT(S) HAVE TO BE AT LEAST $20.00 IN VALUE
3) GIFT ALSO HAS TO BE GIVEN IN A SERIOUS MANNER
   a) From a wife, significant other, etc.
   b) Cannot be a "gag gift" or "cheap gift exchange gift"
4) OVERALL RESULTS WILL BE JUDGED SOLELY BY ME AND CANNOT BE CONTESTED.  PICS...OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
5) "ALL I GOT WAS SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR" POSTS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A "CASE-BY-CASE" BASIS
6) DAMMIT...OUT OF PURE PITY, I WILL SOLICIT FRIENDS AT A LOCAL GUN STORE AND ANYTHING THAT I MIGHT HAVE NEW LYING AROUND (PMAGS, Sight Batteries, etc.).
7) BACKGROUND STORIES ABOUT YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS ARE MANDATORY (ie, she hates me.  she's the grinch, etc.).
8) Cutesy gifts from children also do NOT count.  You can't expect kids to get you anything that you probably want (*see gifts of ties, socks, and picture frames––-you can't apply any sort of meaningful rating system to sentimental gifts).
9)  THE WINNER MUST––-AND I REPEAT MUST––-POST PICS OF WHATEVER LOOT I SEND OUT, JUST TO PROVE TO YOU GUYS THAT I'M ON THE "UP AND UP" AND LEGIT.

Don't expect much...but on the plus side, it's probably BETTER than what you already got..if you're in any sort of the same boat as I am.  

To start things off:

My wife got me––––get ready for it:

Some used DVDs of a cartoon series that aired 20 years ago, some energy drinks, a few tins of breath mints, and a candy bar.

This is from a woman who makes $40K per year and is in absolutely NO financial hardships...and in the past has given me such great presents as: Foot lotion, hand lotion, and yes...you guessed it....DVDs.  She's simply lazy and disinterested, and Christmas gift-giving literally means nothing to her.  Ten years with this woman...   In the past, I've given her..firearms, digital cameras, all manner of electronic goodies...you name it.  I literally spend hundreds upon hundreds on her for her typical Christmas presents.  Christmas is sucking around here for sure.  

Disclaimer:  The true spirit of Christmas isn't about receiving gifts or giving them.  We all know that.  This thread is about people who simply don't give a rat's ass one way or another and this thread is merely a tool to illustrate their overall apathy and to show other people how good they have it when their significant other gets them something that they didn't exactly want, or got them 12 PMags and a LaRue mounts...instead of 20 PMags and two mounts.

**EDIT DISCLAIMER>  I edited this post to take myself out of the running for my own contest, simply because some of you poor bastards are a HELL of a lot worse off than me.  However...some of you guys/girls GOT MUCH BETTER STUFF from significant others who were DIVORCED/SEPARATED *than I got*, and that my friends...is simply sad.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for Sunday night when I get my gifts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
meh, i only get some cash or gift cards, which i believe is lazier than buying someone something

either way i could care less if i got anything

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for hilarity.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I already got my christmas present (a rifle.) I'm not expecting much else.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
You are putting Robotech DVD's in this catagory?

If you don't like them I will gladly trade you my "Didn't get shit" for them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I got 4 boxes of .45AUTO wallyworld 100rd value packs.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I will take the DVDs
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I am a  scrooge and don't buy anyone stuff, so I don't expect anything in return.  A gift like that is almost what I would probably get as I suck at shopping and gift giving.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

RULES:  

1) NO PISSANT MOANING ABOUT *I DIDN'T GET SHIT* IF YOU DIDN'T GET SHIT, YOU DON'T QUALIFY FOR THIS CONTEST.

2) GIFT(S) HAVE TO BE AT LEAST $20.00 IN VALUE

3) GIFT ALSO HAS TO BE GIVEN IN A SERIOUS MANNER

a) From a wife, significant other, etc.

b) Cannot be a "gag gift" or "cheap gift exchange gift"

4) OVERALL RESULTS WILL BE JUDGED SOLELY BY ME AND CANNOT BE CONTESTED.  PICS...OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

5) "ALL I GOT WAS SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR" POSTS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A "CASE-BY-CASE" BASIS

5) DAMMIT...OUT OF PURE PITY, I WILL SOLICIT FRIENDS AT A LOCAL GUN STORE AND ANYTHING THAT I MIGHT HAVE NEW LYING AROUND (PMAGS, Sight Batteries, etc.).

6) BACKGROUND STORIES ABOUT YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS ARE MANDATORY (ie, she hates me.  she's the grinch, etc.).

Don't expect much...but on the plus side, it's probably BETTER than what you already got..if you're in any sort of the same boat as I am.  If *I* win, I'll let you know and well...just be stuck with the same shit as I already have.
To start things off:

My wife got me––––get ready for it:

Some used DVDs of a cartoon series that aired 20 years ago, some energy drinks, a few tins of breath mints, and a candy bar.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/darkwaterz29/xmas.jpg
This is from a woman who makes $40K per year and is in absolutely NO financial hardships...and in the past has given me such great presents as: Foot lotion, hand lotion, and yes...you guessed it....DVDs.  She's simply lazy and disinterested and Christmas literally means nothing to her.  Ten years with this woman...

In the past, I've given her..firearms, digital cameras, all manner of electronic goodies...you name it.  I literally spend hundreds upon hundreds on her for her typical Christmas presents.  Christmas is sucking around here for sure.  

Disclaimer:  The true spirit of Christmas isn't about receiving gifts or giving them.  We all know that.  This thread is about people who simply don't give a rat's ass one way or another and this thread is merely a tool to illustrate their overall apathy and to show other people how good they have it when their significant other gets them something that they didn't exactly want, or got them 12 PMags and 2 LaRue mounts...instead of 20 PMags and only one mount.
1)But it's the most brutal gift of all... NOTHING!

Send me the energy drinks.  Those things are awesome and on my Christmas list.  Also send me those dvds I've been looking everywhere for those.
also tag for after the gifts are opened.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Saving my place in line here.

ETA - Nevermind, I got good stuff.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, next year buy your wife a gallon milk. Buy it a week in advance and leave it sitting wrapped in a box under the tree.

Also, 'tag' for tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting anything really though so I probably won't have anything to post.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I got 4 boxes of

Back story is I have a hard time buying it when we've gotten to this time of year <freezing> so wifey figured she get it for me for
Christmas that way I couldn't say anything plus it saved me $150 that I'd be able to get something else with
Did tell her she could have at least thrown in some socks or something
Pics of the girls
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a revolver and a rifle a few days ago.  The rest will be shit for sure.  I'll find out soon....

ETA:    22:17 Christmas Eve and I just got a humorous coffee mug and some breath mints.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I might as well tag this
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag

GM
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#20]
What I wanted?  Peace and Quiet.  What I got?  No peace and quiet.  

Tagged for after Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Just had christmas with the in-laws. I got 12 cans of Chef Boy Ardee Pizza sauce, not a joke gift and nothing else. Pics will be up later.

ETA - Background - My in-laws have been stand offish for years. My wife is their only child and our children are their only grandchildren. They are reasonably well to do, and dote on my wife and kids. They got the kids some great presents and my wife some jewelry & clothes. I think it's pretty funny.

Pmc
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I got a state emergancy and all the highways closed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#23]
tag.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]
hey thoese mana pots are fricking wicked!
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag for later abuse.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag and potential place holder?
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just had christmas with the in-laws. I got 12 cans of Chef Boy Ardee Pizza sauce, not a joke gift and nothing else. Pics will be up later.

Pmc

How do you beat that? Get 8 cans as a gift?
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
This might be epic.
I usually do fairly well, but gotta tag this.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Does posting what I got my wife count?
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#30]
My 5 year old daughter got me a $1.29 Snickers bar.  From anyone else significant in my life that would have been a crappy gift but from her it was wonderful.  The same gift can mean different things when coming from different people.  It isn't about the dollar value but what it stands for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a bunch of work related gear for Christmas last year..................after being laid off. They knew I was laid off before they bought it. It was pure thoughtless behavior on their part.

My former inlaws once got me a six pack of beer (Busch cans) with two missing. Gift wrapped in the brown bag from the liquor store with a red bow on it.

My ex wife once got me a $100 gift card to Macy's so I could buy her something (really that's what was written on the card).

My ex was a soul sucking, self absorbed cunt that sold me a false bill of goods when we were married. Her family gatherings reminded me of the bar scene in Star Wars. I hope she dies a slow painful death.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#32]
This WILL be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got a bunch of work related gear for Christmas last year..................after being laid off. They knew I was laid off before they bought it. It was pure thoughtless behavior on their part.

My former inlaws once got me a six pack of beer (Busch cans) with two missing. Gift wrapped in the brown bag from the liquor store with a red bow on it.

My Ex wife once got me a $100 gift card to Macy's so I could buy her something (really that's what was written on the card).

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Saving my spot for the useless bullshit my mother in law always gives me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Damn, that sucks even more if you don't have a dog.

Side note: a few years ago my wife got me a set of wind chimes.  Yes, wind chimes.  You can't imagine how deep into my Christmas list you have to get before getting to "wind chimes."

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#36]
tag for sure.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag, my wife is hit or miss on Christmas gifts with about 2 hits and 8 misses in 10 years of marriage.  So I might be a contender.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag for tomorrow.

BTW, I already know what I am getting and I will not win this contest.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#39]
This is easy.

My SIL gave us a CorningWare set kind of like this.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5156063

She dropped it off and left rather quickly. Hint #1.

So, we took it out of the box to wash it and put it away and noticed none of the lids fit the bowls. The lids look okay, but looking at the bowls they appear misshapen. Like seconds.

I looked at the box very closely, and it turns out she bought the entire set at the local dollar store and the box is clearly marked "seconds."

How's that for a Christmas gift?
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#40]
My miserable wife is getting me a Nightforce scope and LaRue mount for it.  Top that
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#41]
tagged, may have an entry of my own

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My miserable wife is getting me a Nightforce scope and LaRue mount for it.  Top that

WTF, expecting a Porsche?
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The bitch!

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#44]
At least you didn't get served with a law suit.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I cannot participate.  My wife gets me a gun every year.  However,  if she didn't I would just buy myself something awesome every year just to make sure I got at least one cool thing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#46]
tag for upcoming hilarity.

Oh, and the Robotech DVD's (if I didn't have the entire series already) would be most excellently received by me.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#47]
What's with the energy drinks? The young guys at work swear by that Mana Energy Potion shit. Is that a bad gift?
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#48]
TAG TAG TAG

This will be great.  I might have to chip in and help out someone out of pity.  Might bring me a little more joy and happiness.  (OP IM me if wanted)
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I got a cat. I'm allergic and he's not very friendly.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#50]
tag for later.

My roommate jokingly mentioned "get me some Mad Dog 20/20 for Christmas"

The fool is getting exactly what he asked for.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top