Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2009 7:03:38 PM EDT
OK, so my youngest asks for a computer this Christmas to replace the 9 year old machine he has been using that used to be mine.  I personally think this is a great investment in their education and am more than willing to comply.  While I built my own machine I do want it to be pretty straight forward for my son (10) because part of the deal is he unboxes it, sets it up, configures it, and basically has to learn computing basics beyond sitting down at the keyboard.

So I wait until Thanksgiving (right after midnight) get online and find a nice entry level system for him, order it and get a ship date well before we will need it for Christmas.  All cool.

About a week ago I get a note from Dell saying sorry, we screwed up and can't get your system there until 12/29.  That is the second thing they did this to us on in less than 2 days.  Screw that.  I click on the link they provide and cancel my order, express my displeasure at their crappy customer service, and stop by Best Buy on the way home and buy a HP system to replace it.  The next day I get the cancel confirmation from Dell.  Pissed off at Dell and not likely to send them any more business, I was willing to move on since I had my Santa duty covered.  

Move to today, system wrapped and waiting for the magic day, I get an email this morning from the idiots in Austin (more likely India) saying my system had just shipped.

WTF!  I go online and sure enough the retards have sent it FedEx and it is due to be delivered the day after we leave to go to Colorado.  Dude!  I don't want your @#$@$ Dell!

So I proceed to look for a phone number to call the retards and tell them they screwed up and needed to stop this.  Obviously Dell doesn't want customers to call them.  First I get routed to the damned Chat which failed to work the first three times!  Finally got to the point where it was going to let me in and it says 'So sorry.  No chat for you because you haven't received the computer yet and all your other computers are out of warranty.    

Next I try a phone number and it routes me to a pay me and I'll talk to you line.  F that!  Finally, I get to a live person after wasting about an hour on a damned computer I didn't order.  I explain the situation to the lady with the slight but noticeable Indian accent.  She says, I'm sorry your product code indicates you are a business customer (I'm not in this case and I tell her that) and she can't help me.  I tell her I am not going to be responsible for the loss of their computer and will have Visa block any charges from Dell if she doesn't straighten this out or transfer me to a supervisor.  She says she can't do that, tells me to have a nice day and transfers me to another queue with more than 30 minute wait time.  I will eat several steaks that I will use to curse her cow worshiping soul.  Bitch!  I hung up.

Now I make several attempts to get an email sent to them which I was finally able to accomplish despite their system behaving like a piece of shit (professional opinion - I have a MS in Computer Science).  After that i just gave up.  I'm going to be pissed if they leave a computer on my front porch for all to take note that I am not home.  I don't give a damn what happens to their piece of shit computer nor if it ever gets back to them.  I have a written confirmation the idiots canceled the order.  Not my problem anymore.  I may put a small sign on my door 'Not accepting FedEx deliveries from Dell'.  I had a crappy day and they just made it that much worse.  I hope Michael Dell gets the clap from Tiger's sloppy seconds, and a monsoon washes away that idiot filled call center.  

I #*#*$& hate DELL!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Dell!

Ordered a Zune HD, and a AV kit for it, which allows you to hook it up to a HDTV.

Got the zune, but my order says it was supposed to be delivered on 12/03, still havent updated to tell when im getting the AV kit. Two days in a row i have sat on the phone for an hour for a rep and didnt get anyone.

Everything was in stock when i ordered.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
7/10

Not enough sincerity in the swearing, and far too easy on the phone debauchery.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Soooo.... if they send you a computer you don't want' can I have it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're not going to be gone when they deliver,,,,
May I have directions to your house ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered two Dell laptops and one desktop,  from the company and never had any trouble.  The desktop even got returned and Dell was great about that.  I do hate the long waits, and the barely understandable people in India.  My latest Dell laptop, bought last December from Best Buy, has been fine as well.  I will most likely buy from Best Buy from now on.  No waiting, I get to speak to an actual American, Geek Squad cleaned the unwanted stuff off for me, and I spent less for a good laptop. (My previous two ran around $2000 each, this one was under $1000)
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you're not going to be gone when they deliver,,,,
May I have directions to your house ?

FedEx Driver to buddy, "I had the weirdest stop today.   Was delivering a computer and there were 15 guys all claiming to be some dude named MissouriBob waiting for the computer.  Then they started arguing whether 9 was better than 45 and something about beans.  I got the hell out of there ...".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top