Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 3:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok so panning around I managed to find something kind of funny.

ETA: Page 8 Belongs to Teddy as Satan

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does Jesus have the symbol of the House of Elendil on his chest?

Dude it's Aragorn.  Try to keep up.

That kinda makes sense, but Aragorn wearing sandals? I don't think so.

Sure... int he summertime?  I could see it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll just pick one.

I wonder why Jefferson, with a statement like that, used FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS to teach indians the bible among other things directly supporting the "christian" religion.

Jefferson is an overrated hypocrite.

so i guess the declaration of independence is just an overrrated piece of paper
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is offensive and wrong. Jesus wouldn't agree with overthrowing your government and instituting one such as ours.

The hell he wouldn't.

We overthrew a government which forced a corrupted religion onto it's people.

Which religion might that be?

I don't think Jesus would generally have agreed with rebellion either.

Jesus told people to obey the government because the people are not a source of authority and power. The government is. Being God, he grants human government power and authority over the people. He doesn't grant the people power over the government, that is a sick twisted perversion of the way he wants things to be. It's like water trying to flow up hill, it doesn't work and isn't natural. Power flows like this from God to government to families and then individuals.

WTF?  Jesus defied the government at every turn!  Or is my sarcasm detector broken?

He obeyed the Roman authorities because they were the legitimate authorities. Why do you think he allowed them to kill him? If he had wanted he could have easily chosen to kill every Roman soldier who tried to hurt or execute him. Government is legitimate by it's very nature, it has a right and responsibility to exist even when it is imperfect.  

Stalin and Pol Pot thank you for your support.

Wrong is wrong, right is always right.

Just because something exists, does not give it a right to exist.  Evil anti-human governments do not have a right to exist.

Wrong is wrong and right is right, as you say.... but the problems ALWAYS start when people disagree on just what that right and wrong are.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck. I'm no libtard, but even I think that is fuckin stupid as hell.

yep

Double yep.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ok so panning around I managed to find something kind of funny.

ETA: Page 8 Belongs to Teddy as Satan

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/ashepard/Satan.png

I always knew there was something wrong with that sneaky bastard.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
The admiral Ackbar's are great
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you know he simply is not holding the constitution up as a example? God fearing men wrote it. It is an example of what we stand for as One nation under God..

Just as a reminder, "God" doesn't appear in the Constitution ANYWHERE.

But it does state it was written "in the year of our Lord".

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CLASSLESS ASS!!! Stay classy!!!

Classless on so many levels.

So many here are offended with Jesus being depicted in the original picture but have no problem with our founding fathers and fellow Americans being depicted as monsters in the photoshop version?  What a bunch of hypocrites!!

As The_Macallan points out, the painting is purely symbolic, but whether taken literally, symbolic or as comedy, I find the h3smith photoshop highly offensive.

You mean epic on so many levels.

The photoshop, which I doubt H3smith actually made, is 10x better than the gay original painting.

The photoshop reminds me so much of this mural on the side of the former US Embassy building in Iran.  It's the same antiAmerican propaganda garbage that is embraced by our enemies.  After all, America is the Great Satan.    

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CLASSLESS ASS!!! Stay classy!!!

Classless on so many levels.

So many here are offended with Jesus being depicted in the original picture but have no problem with our founding fathers and fellow Americans being depicted as monsters in the photoshop version?  What a bunch of hypocrites!!

As The_Macallan points out, the painting is purely symbolic, but whether taken literally, symbolic or as comedy, I find the h3smith photoshop highly offensive.

You mean epic on so many levels.

The photoshop, which I doubt H3smith actually made, is 10x better than the gay original painting.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/11/4/1257335582355/Former-US-embassy-in-Tehr-001.jpg

The photoshop reminds me so much of this mural on the side of the former US Embassy building in Iran.  It's the same antiAmerican propaganda garbage that is embraced by our enemies.  After all, America is the Great Satan.    

Not even close.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been checking the rule books on this all weekend, and it appears that according to 3rd Edition, they CAN dual-class, but they invoke the racial level limit in their secondary class.  They also can't dual-class in any class that has alignment restrictions like paladin, ranger, blackguard, etc.

So, yeah.  Dual-classing Jews.

That made me laugh hard, I got out a d20 just for a savings throw after reading it. Dual classed jews apparently don't save

Jesus saves....

And takes half damage.

So technically, Jews CAN make saving throws according to the third edition.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did he have a Quran? Go down that road

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  

For the record - I'm an atheist.  I don't believe in God.  I do, however, take issue when any one tries to pull one single quote from ANYONE and define them by it.  

I also take issue when folks bash any religion.  Well, except for that one.  

The comment was in Reference to Thomas Jefferson creating a Christian Nation based on Christian Values. I just wanted to throw out that he had a Quran too. And read it a lot.

That doesn't mean he made the US a Muslim nation, the same way him being a Christian doesn't mean he made the US a Christian Nation. There is a reason why God isn't mentioned in the Constitution. Jefferson and many other wanted the whole concept of Religion very far away from the Government.

Jefferson had and read the (english translated) Quran to study our enemy, the pirates of of the Barbary coast, not to get closer to God.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You are merely repeating the lies that Americans have been taught to regurgitate. The governed are not the source of authority and power. The fact that people within any nation are governed means that they can not and do not grant authority to the authority which is over them.  

Yeah, right, what WAS I THINKING? The people have the power... That means they can start murdering and killing off everyone they want to just like the Nazi's because if the people decide what is right, then it is right because they can have power over their neighbors whenever they want to. The people can go and tell the police that murder isn't wrong and that the police have no right or responsibility to stop or arrest murderers even though it's their job and responsibility keep society safe as authority figures OVER THE PUBLIC.

You sir, are beyond hope.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All that shows is that one of the calendars many people in the world use was created with a major religion in mind. There are currently at least 5 calendars in use around the globe.
The phrase has no significance in and if itself beyond that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All that shows is that one of the calendars many people in the world use was created with a major religion in mind. There are currently at least 5 calendars in use around the globe.

I myself use the Aztec Calendar.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just nitpicking.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That is offensive and wrong. Jesus wouldn't agree with overthrowing your government and instituting one such as ours.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell he wouldn't.

Jesus told people to obey the government because the people are not a source of authority and power. The government is. Being God, he grants human government power and authority over the people. He doesn't grant the people power over the government, that is a sick twisted perversion of the way he wants things to be. It's like water trying to flow up hill, it doesn't work and isn't natural. Power flows like this from God to government to families and then individuals.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell he wouldn't.

WTF? Jesus defied the government at every turn! Or is my sarcasm detector broken?

He obeyed the Roman authorities because they were the legitimate authorities. Why do you think he allowed them to kill him? If he had wanted he could have easily chosen to kill every Roman soldier who tried to hurt or execute him. Government is legitimate by it's very nature, it has a right and responsibility to exist even when it is imperfect.

you have GOT to be shitting me

Nope... I think that kid REALLY believes that shit...
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...I have an insight that most of you do not...

Wow I hope you at least got a decoder ring to go with all that self-righteousness.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So then you are adamantly opposed to the USA and our Constitution.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you know he simply is not holding the constitution up as a example? God fearing men wrote it. It is an example of what we stand for as One nation under God..

Just as a reminder, "God" doesn't appear in the Constitution ANYWHERE.

That can be explained by the fact that our calendar has religious origins.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#24]

looks like jobu needs a refill.

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did he have a Quran? Go down that road

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  

For the record - I'm an atheist.  I don't believe in God.  I do, however, take issue when any one tries to pull one single quote from ANYONE and define them by it.  

I also take issue when folks bash any religion.  Well, except for that one.  

The comment was in Reference to Thomas Jefferson creating a Christian Nation based on Christian Values. I just wanted to throw out that he had a Quran too. And read it a lot.

That doesn't mean he made the US a Muslim nation, the same way him being a Christian doesn't mean he made the US a Christian Nation. There is a reason why God isn't mentioned in the Constitution. Jefferson and many other wanted the whole concept of Religion very far away from the Government.

Jefferson had and read the (english translated) Quran to study our enemy, the pirates of of the Barbary coast, not to get closer to God.

Or allah...

Link Posted: 12/7/2009 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs three wolves.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 1:01:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell he wouldn't.

WTF? Jesus defied the government at every turn! Or is my sarcasm detector broken?

And he hasn't been back to defend it since the post. Lots of dissenters voicing their opinion of his opinion too....

Link Posted: 12/8/2009 1:08:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The hell he wouldn't.

And he hasn't been back to defend it since the post. Lots of dissenters voicing their opinion of his opinion too....

He is a bit busy right now He will be back after he is done yiffing

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top