Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/18/2009 1:53:43 AM EDT

I am pro-choice pro-gay marriage. I don't buy anything from companies that have sweatshops.

Then again I am not a Conservative
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
i don't give a shit either way on those issues, what does that make me?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#2]
No all liberals are F#%@ing retards that believe everthing the stupid media tells them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am pro-choice pro-gay marriage. I don't buy anything from companies that have sweatshops.

Guess you wouldn't be joining this party then?

Party in the promised land
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]
NO

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
No, not really.  I used to, like dope legalization and abortion (because I didn't care) but I've gotten even more conservative as I;ve become older.  I dont see how legalizing either of those things would benefit society.

Liberals and their ilk tend to be completely wrong about everything.  I guess the nicest thing I can say about them is that they think they are doing the right thing, they think they are doing good and not hurting anyone (even though their policies will).
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with liberals on the issues of gay rights and abortion.

They are on the right side of history with those issues, and the danger is that if they manage to tie their whole platform strongly enough to them, it will be sufficient to allow them to lead the country for a long time.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They are on the right side of history with those issues, and the danger is that if they manage to tie their whole platform strongly enough to them, it will be sufficient to allow them to lead the country for a long time.

Dude take off the tinfoil the libs are not trying to take over our country....

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sorry, can't think of anything at this point...

There may be *brief* stuck-clock moments, but in general 'NO'...

Of course, I have an equal amount of disagreement with the crazies out there - anti-bank/corporate-conspiracy, anti-trade, etc....

Which fits... I am conservative, NOT libertarian.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:29:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's exactly what political parties attempt to do with each election.  It's their purpose.

If you need some of our tin foil we will lend you some.  But political parties serve their own ends and the ends of their voters.  It's a soft coup we all agree on every few years.  Democracy is great about doing away with the bloodshed in a cyclical take over until one side becomes too polarized from the other.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
No, they're pretty much wrong on everything.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Abortion, and I don't particularly care about gay marriage.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of the bible thumping that the conservative camp does either.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:41:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats right,,

they already did in Nov 08
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, not really.  I used to, like dope legalization and abortion (because I didn't care) but I've gotten even more conservative as I;ve become older.  I don't see how legalizing either of those things would benefit society.
Liberals and their ilk tend to be completely wrong about everything.  I guess the nicest thing I can say about them is that they think they are doing the right thing, they think they are doing good and not hurting anyone (even though their policies will).

I identify with this explanation.  What I use to think should be left alone was a little different from ravens, but as I've become older, wiser, a parent, a bigger wage earner and more informed of world events I too am considerably more conservative (not to be confused with republican).

For the most part I think libs are moon-bats and have unrealistic/pie in the sky answers for real world problems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:54:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Same here.  Don't do something to affect my life, and we're good to go.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:55:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what political parties attempt to do with each election.  It's their purpose.

If you need some of our tin foil we will lend you some.  But political parties serve their own ends and the ends of their voters.  It's a soft coup we all agree on every few years.  Democracy is great about doing away with the bloodshed in a cyclical take over until one side becomes too polarized from the other.

I guess I need to cover my posts with a little more sarcasm :)
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#16]
To answer OP question yes
pro choice
national health care
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Haha, sorry.  I just woke up and was grabbing a sandwich.  

Without Caffeine my threshold for picking up sarcasm is much to low.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I disagree with virtually every  liberal point of view, including gay rights and especially abortion. I see liberals and their agenda as  the  root of all evil.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:12:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I disagree with virtually every  liberal point of view, including gay rights and especially abortion. I see liberals and their agenda the  root of all evil.

this.  abortion is murder no matter how I look at it.  After seeing pictures off aborted babies, it pisses me off to know that people would rather kill innocent kids than convicted murderers.  Tell me the logic in that
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with their stance that we should help those fortunate then ourselves.

I just think that being forced to help by the government negates the reason for giving in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just think that being forced to help by the government negates the reason for giving in the first place.

Liberals do not believe in helping the less fortunate.

Liberals believe in requiring others to help the less fortunate.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberals do not believe in helping the less fortunate.

Liberals believe in requiring others to help the less fortunate.  

Hmmm.

Yep, that sounds about right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#23]
NOT a SINGLE THING.

Unlike many here.  

You all really need to learn that if your position is the same as a liberal's, you REALLY should reevalute.  They are wrong on EVERYTHING.  That is if you really believe in America and its values and institutions as the FF's set it up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No, they're pretty much wrong on everything.

This.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:26:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They don't want to help anybody.  All they want is to create dependance on .gov to guarantee votes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:27:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I will agree with any Liberal that wants to stand-up for the Constitution and freedom from government.
That does happen occasionally, though very very, rarely (and usually the reason the Libs are supporting the Constitutions is fucked up, but I support their standing up for it).
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I disagree with virtually every  liberal point of view, including gay rights and especially abortion. I see liberals and their agenda the  root of all evil.

this.  abortion is murder no matter how I look at it.  After seeing pictures off aborted babies, it pisses me off to know that people would rather kill innocent kids than convicted murderers.  Tell me the logic in that

The fires of moloch?  I've considered this to be the modern equivalent. In the past it was a sacrificed to the "gods."  Today it's the sacrifice to selfishness?

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]

"Do you agree with anything liberals are for/against? "

If they are for pizza I'm ok. (has to have meat on it so probably not)

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
NOT a SINGLE THING.

Unlike many here.  

You all really need to learn that if your position is the same as a liberal's, you REALLY should reevalute.  They are wrong on EVERYTHING.  That is if you really believe in America and its values and institutions as the FF's set it up.

I would disagree. I want my children safe. I want clean water. I want a peace. I want fuel efficient vehicles,etc. Liberals are often good at pointing out problems.

It's just that the solutions the offer usually don't work or make things worse.More government seldom fixes anything.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:33:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fires of moloch?  I've considered this to be the modern equivalent. In the past it was a sacrificed to the "gods."  Today it's the sacrifice to selfishness?

Helps keep the leftists' numbers down.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:35:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOT a SINGLE THING.

Unlike many here.  

I would disagree. I want my children safe. I want clean water. I want a peace. I want fuel efficient vehicles,etc. Liberals are often good at pointing out problems.

It's just that the solutions the offer usually don't work or make things worse.More government seldom fixes anything.

Yeah, Conservatives want none of those.  

Fucking Fail.  

Reevaluate.  WHY do the libs want those policies that SUPPOSEDLY address those issues?   Answer that and you will have the answer if you REALLY agree with them or not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:35:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT a SINGLE THING.

Unlike many here.  

Everyone wants those things.  The important differences in our political views is what should be DONE TO CREATE these things.  Liberalism generally results in the OPPOSITE of the desired outcome for all but the powerful and connected.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:42:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
NOT a SINGLE THING.

Unlike many here.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:46:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't want to help anybody.  All they want is to create dependance on .gov to guarantee votes.

I'm not talking about the libs in power - those are the ones forcing me to give to those they want me to give to.

I am talking about the fact that I believe that I should help those less fortunate.  You can help if you want to, but I am not going to force you to.  See the difference?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.  Don't do something to affect my life, and we're good to go.

Precisely why I now classify myself as Libertarian instead of Conservative.
I don't care what people do, so long as I don't finance it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:52:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not talking about the libs in power - those are the ones forcing me to give to those they want me to give to.

I am talking about the fact that I believe that I should help those less fortunate.  You can help if you want to, but I am not going to force you to.  See the difference?

But that is not what Liberals believe.  You said that you agreed with Liberals, but then make an opposing statement to their orthodoxy.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1

And WTF do those issues have to do with actually running the country? States Rights FTW!

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:02:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Over the years I've changed my view on abortion.  I went from a wishywashy prochoicer to a rather stern pro-lifer.  I don't have a problem with gay marriage in the literal sense as two consenting adults should be able to engage in any contractual relationship they chose (which is the same view shared by Dick Cheney).

I am also a staunch advocate for the legalization of all drugs.  First of, you own yourself and  you have no right to dictate what substances another person can ingest as they own their bodies as well.  Giving the government the right to arbitrarily decide what can be consumed and what can't is a slippery slope that will ultimately deprive us of any thing pleasurable under the guise of "doing what's best for you and society".  Also, the war on drugs has side effects that are much worse than the offenders.  No knock raids on wrong houses is deplorable.  The black market aspects have created a demand and a mark up which encourages violence between competitors.  When's the last time you heard about Coor's doing a drive-by on Miller?

However, liberals don't share the same rationality on drugs that I have.  If they did, they wouldn't be liberals.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#39]
National Health Care!!!

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:03:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you agree with an imbecile that gets snowed over easily?  

Those people think it is ok, to take from successful and give to unsuccessful.  And also that it will actually make the world a better place.  And also that the .gov will be efficient at doing it.  And also that the .gov's motivation are actually what they say.

Sorry, I don't.

As I said.  RE- evaluate.  But THINK.  Don't feel.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:06:00 AM EDT
[#41]
As a rule of thumb if they're for something I'm against it just out of principle.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:06:00 AM EDT
[#42]
As a rule of thumb if they're for something I'm against it just out of principle.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that is not what Liberals believe.  You said that you agreed with Liberals, but then make an opposing statement to their orthodoxy.

Yes, I agree with the end result - the less fortunate are taken care of.

No, I do NOT agree with their methodology - taking my money by force and giving those they feel deserve it.  That choice - who and how much - should be left to me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I hear they're in favor of double posting.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
NOT a SINGLE THING.

Unlike many here.  

You speak the truth...
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#46]
A) I really appreciate wildlife and hope there's a few of each species around for my great grand kids to see some day.

B) At the same time I REALLY enjoy shooting wildlife and feeding it to my family. I also am OK that a % of my gun, ammo and fishing lure purchases goes back to the resource that i enjoy so much. I'm hopeful that A and B balance out and I can remain an independent who leans way to the right.

My sister thinks that part "A" there puts me solidly in the flaming liberal camp. I saw a bald eagle the other day and enjoyed showing my 3 yr old daughter. What a radical.

On drugs and abortion. Drugs - if you legalize pot legalize them all, why discriminate? On abortion I view it as a human rights issue. I look at an unborn child as a human being and feel that the human has human rights. I don't base my abortion position on religious beliefs in the least. I love living and it saddens me when someone isn't given the option to make that choice for themselves. I think we're trending towards a "double homicide" for someone who kills a pregnant woman in this country; interesting.

For those of who "don't give a fuck" I can't understand not caring about an issue like that. Seems like you could pick a side.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#47]
The older I get, the more I find that if one agrees with a Liberal on anything, one should reconsider.  You are probably wrong.  They are mentally ill.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I agree with the end result - the less fortunate are taken care of.

No, I do NOT agree with their methodology - taking my money by force and giving those they feel deserve it.  That choice - who and how much - should be left to me.

OK, but just so we're clear.  Their stance is that YOU are the one who should be obligated to transfer wealth to those of lesser means.  Their stance is NOT to help the less fortunate as you originally put it.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:20:25 AM EDT
[#49]
what somebody does in the privacy of their own bedroom is no concern of mine so yeah i'm pro gay marriage. just dont rub your gayness in my face and dont demonize somebody for having an opposite opinion about it, IE Miss CA.

Abortion im against except in extreme cases where rape or immiment death of the mother is the only way. other than that either use protection or dont spread your legs.

Legalize weed, fuck it people are going to do it anyway, but regulate and tax it like they do tobacco and alcohol.. hard core drugs like cocaine, and meth keep illegal.

we do need to preserve our natural resources, but PETA, the humane society, earth first and all the other dumb ass hippies need to lock themselves in a garage with a running automobile., there is a right way to manage it while still being able to hunt and cut down trees without destroying everything.

and fucking legalize conceal carry without permits and FA weapons... if you commit a GD crime with one then the courts show no fucking mercy on your ass and make a shiny fucking example of you.. do not label all guns and all gun owners in the same catagory as a few wastes of oxygen.

guess im a modern American.. conservative on certian issues and liberal on others

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:23:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

confused?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top