Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2001 9:57:44 PM EDT
OK guys, my wife gave me approval to buy a new toy.
I have heard good things about the Howa 1500, so I am asking, does anyone have one of these. What caliber? Any "special" models, like "sniper", "tactical", "law enforcement" or anything else that will piss the antis off?
Is there a web page for them? I tried Howa.com, no luck.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife's hunting rifle is a Howa 1500 custom rifle I built for her about 8 years ago.  It's been a great little rifle.  Accurate and well made (Even the part I built and worked on [;)] )

I don't know much about what they are doing to them now other then they are basically the same design and manufactured in the same factory as a Weatherby (uh-oh, I've drawn a blank - was it the Vanguard?  Sorry, I'm not a big Weatherby fan.  Ah well, someone will confirm/correct me.)  

Link Posted: 3/13/2001 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Howa is imported by LSI (Legacy Sports International)-----No "wiz-bang" names, just standard & heavy bbl's in cro-moly or SS. Barreled actions or complete rifles in standard cal's & 3 magnums. Most excellent firearms!
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
noname, thanks for the tip on Legacy, a quick internet search came up with this!

[img]http://www.vulcanpub.com/images/outdoors/vm/proshop/vrmtscp.jpg[/img]

The Howa M-1500 Varmint has a short bolt throw for fast and easy handling and a heavy, 24-inch hammer-forged barrel. The convenient thumb-operated safety is virtually silent, with a controlled release. The recessed target-style muzzle protects the crown for consistent accuracy. The M-1500 Varmint is available with your choice of a balanced polymer stock with positive scrolled checkering on the grip and forend or a walnut-finished hardwood stock with hand-crafted checkering. Both stocks have a solid rubber recoil pad and sling swivel studs. The M-1500 Varmint comes in 223 Rem., 22-250 Rem. and 308 Win.

For more information, contact Legacy Sports International, Phone (703) 548-4837, [url]www.legacysports.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one in 222 Rem and a friend has one in 223 Rem, both of them are one-hole shooters. They also say S&W on them. We bought them back in '83 and mine will still shoot 1/4" groups. (yeah, so will his when he does his part) I was amazed at the accuracy of these stock rifles, haven't seen such off the shelf accuracy. Oh, and by the way, both have a thin sporter BBl [:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Wholesale on 308 SS Varmint is $365.00
Top Top