Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2009 2:08:52 PM EDT
Just Kidding!
Since Obama is going to make SUV's a collectors item I decided to get the biggest MOFO that was ever made:

I picked this up over the weekend..diesel, under 50k miles.  So far so good!  I don't have any buyers remorse so far
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, is this a current photo? has algore not warmed your climate?

And––––Nice! but the Diesel is kind of Green- you need a big assed RV to tow behind! - or better yet a big speed boat (nothing justifiable like a fishing boat!)
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
My GREEN PEACE vehicle.

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope it's not a 6.0L...
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And––––Nice! but the Diesel is kind of Green- you need a big assed RV to tow behind! - or better yet a big speed boat (nothing justifiable like a fishing boat!)

What if he turbo's it and tweaks it so it blows black smoke out at each acceleration?
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a 6.0 .....i did alot of research and feel ok about it though...325hp and it seems more quite in the cab than the 7.3's.

I am a 3rd generation GM man but this bailout BS made me look @ Ford.  Too bad they don't make these anymore!  Hopefully they start rolling down the line again in 2012  

I still have 4 GM vehicles that will need to be replaced in the near future

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#7]

You don't by chance live in St. Hedwig do you?

Not too many H1's running around, and there is one parked in St. hedwig at the feed store often
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if he turbo's it and tweaks it so it blows black smoke out at each acceleration?

It's factory turbo'd

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought this was going to be about switching to OD or FG furntiure on your ARs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You don't by chance live in St. Hedwig do you?

Not too many H1's running around, and there is one parked in St. hedwig at the feed store often

In Houston

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
those diesel excursions (7.3L anyway) will get 25+ MPG on the highway if you drive easy.  real nice rigs.

don't worry too much about the 6.0, it's not as bad as people make it out to be, and chances are you won't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's factory turbo'd

OK then, tweak it to blow out big ass clouds of black smoke on each acceleration. There, no more green.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's factory turbo'd

OK then, tweak it to blow out big ass clouds of black smoke on each acceleration. There, no more green.

I'll use the fuel I save  to help keep my brush fires going since I'm running low on tires

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I love excursions that have a slight lift and replacement bumpers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's factory turbo'd

Make sure, whatever branch of military let you in, to ignore all the MSDS when you handle hazmat.  Just get a big coating of some random chemical.

To Pro2nd, get a lift on it.  And some sort of ranchhand bumper.  I have always thought the Excursion was a good bugout vehicle.  What is wrong with the 6.0?

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude, your car ain't green.  It's red.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dude, your car ain't green.  It's red.

Uh...yeah...

You're going red.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#19]

damn that's nice

i'm jealous.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#20]
The planet thanks you for your wise decision.

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#21]

those are cool. but they are too big for moving around int he woods on tight old logging roads in the southeast. also the old story was you could follow a hummer by the oil leaks and parts falling off it..

what i want they wont bring to this country... jeep j8. a milspec turbo-diesel jeep currently made in egypt i think. now i would be hesitant about buyin a vehicle made in egypt.. but the idea of a high torque, utility diesel jeep is cool..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top