Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2009 11:35:54 AM EDT

What in the hell is going on?!

MILTON, Mass. – A man on a rampage fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister, decapitated his 5-year-old sister during her birthday party and then headed toward his 9-year-old sister before officers shot him amid what their chief described as "a killing field."

There is no clear motive yet for the events that unfolded about 5 p.m. Saturday in this tony Boston suburb that is also home to Gov. Deval Patrick. But there is no doubt at the carnage wrought by 23-year-old Kerby Revelus against his three sisters in the two-family home they shared with their parents and grandmother.

Bianca was killed as a cake for her 5th birthday sat on the kitchen table. Sarafina, 9, dialed 911 and watched police shoot her brother as her elder sister, Samantha, lay dead on the floor.

Sarafina was hospitalized Sunday at the Boston Medical Center with defensive wounds to her hands and stab wounds in her abdomen and one of her legs.

"In policing, we see the raw human emotion every day, but to think that a human being could afflict such an atrocious, violent act on his own family is unbelievable," Milton police Chief Richard G. Wells Jr. told The Associated Press.

"When I walked up to the first officer (on the scene), I could see the whole story right in his face. This just told me that this was something very bad," Wells said.

Kerby Revelus had recently served jail time on a gun charge, Wells said, but the details would not be released until courts opened Monday. Police had been called to the same house in 2004 after a domestic violence report of Revelus allegedly punching one of the women living in the home, Wells said.

Saturday's attack came about 24 hours after Revelus had gotten into a fistfight with a man living next door, Wells said.

"Blows were exchanged," he said. "I don't know the cause of it, but we're confident that did happen. He had been agitated in the hours that followed that, going into the day and last night."

Investigators believe that Revelus targeted Samantha, a 17-year-old senior at Milton High School, and fatally stabbed her with a household knife while their grandmother was doing laundry in the basement. At the time, the children's parents were away; their mother is a nurse at a Boston hospital, Wells said.

Her identity, as well as that of the father, were not immediately available.

Sarafina, an elementary school student, called 911 just before 5 p.m. An officer on patrol in the neighborhood arrived within a minute, Wells said, and could hear an altercation inside as he reached the second floor. The 911 operator tried to persuade Sarafina to open the door, but when she did not, the officer broke through.

"As the officer entered the door, he decapitated (Bianca) in front of him,"
said Wells. "He actually walked into a killing field. He walked into such carnage, as far as the atrocity of it, I've never seen it."

Within moments, four officers were inside and two of them shot Revelus as he tried to get to Sarafina, Wells said. He fell still clutching the knife.

Details about the number of shots and who killed Revelus were pending the outcome of an autopsy Sunday.

Jocelyn Ashley, 18, who attended Milton High with Samantha, told The Boston Globe that Kerby Revelus was "a loner," but Samantha was friendly and excited about the prom.

Milton High School Principal John Drottar said Samantha was a member of the poetry club and planned to attend college this fall.

"She was a wonderful young lady, a great student, and just a sweetheart of a kid," Drottar said.

A two-hour grief counseling session was held at the school Sunday afternoon and will be offered Monday to students and employees, he said.

The officers involved in the case were placed on administrative leave and were receiving counseling from the Boston Police Department stress unit, Wells said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090329/ap_on_re_us/birthday_killings

Sorry if this is a dupe. I did do a search on 'sister', 'stab', and 'beheading'.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap.  I don't have the words.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The crazies are really coming out lately.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Unbelievable, at leased no trial necessary.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Well at least he is dead. Muslim?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
drugs is all i can think of that would make a person lose control to that effect and create a scene that grotesque. on your own family?  a 17 and 5 yr old girl???
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Me either.

I just don't understand people. If you want to kill yourself then go for it. Knock yourself out. I'll call you a coward and go about my day without caring much that you left this world as a chickenshit. But don't take any innocent people with you. What the hell happened to a good old fashioned suicide? Who is the crazy shit who decided that "murder/suicide" was better than just plain suicide?

Damn, this makes me sick.

And I don't even know if this idiot had a death wish or was just sadistic as hell, but I'm tired of hearing about people killing their family/friends/neighbors/coworkers/strangers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow that's horrible.

Are we going to see a ban on knives?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn,

Just terrible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Hes rotting in hell.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#12]
There are a lot of male fucksticks out there, unfortunately, see the 'Pic of stupid' thread.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow that's horrible.

How about banning anti-depressants?  They are usually a common underlying but seldom mentioned variable in these types of incidents.

ETA:  At least they killed him.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#14]
that poor poor little girl.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow that's horrible.

well, it has worked so well for The Englisha but, probably,,will be in the next AWB
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#16]
How is the one surviving sister going to deal with losing all of her siblings in such a horrific way and seeing every bit of it?  Ugh.  And I can't imagine how the officer is going to deal with getting there literally 30 seconds too late.  He's going to be messed up.  

I wonder if there was ever a time in their family when that boy was normal and they had a good relationship or if he was always jacked up and they knew it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Shit. That's about as crazy as it gets.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
wow that is seriously fucked up. I feel bad for the girls, the murderous motherfucker better be burning in gay hell.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I drove down that street today. Milton is a nice ($$$) town but that area has some spillover from one of Boston's shittier neighborhoods less than a mile away. I know some of the guys at the scene and the media accounts are a sanitized version of what the officers saw.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/19038144/index.html
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Sad it went that far........another broken person.....at least no trial.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad they killed the asshole.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I noticed the friends and family in the video had "Caribbean" accents. Is decapitation somewhat common in the culture there in the islands?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+2

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Wish he would have been taken alive, and then tortured mercilessly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#26]
From Boston PD's  website on 08/10/07:

http://www.bpdnews.com/2007/08/

Three Milton Residents Jerrell Graves, 19, Jaron O’Bannon, 24 and Kerby Revelus, 22 were all arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition and Unlawful Possession of a Loaded Firearm.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

...snip...
Bianca was killed as a cake for her 5th birthday sat on the kitchen table. Sarafina, 9, dialed 911 and watched police shoot her brother as her elder sister, Samantha, lay dead on the floor.
...snip...

"As the officer entered the door, he decapitated (Bianca) in front of him," said Wells. "He actually walked into a killing field. He walked into such carnage, as far as the atrocity of it, I've never seen it."
...snip...

Damn.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#29]
THOSE DAMN ASSAULT KNIVES, BAN THEM ALL!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#31]
while some people are just plain crazy I wouldn't be suprised if he were taking some sort of anti-depressant.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I do not like how it is written to make it sound like the 5 year old was decapitated while the officer was just standing there.  It takes some effort to cut a head off, so I imagine most, if not all of the work was already done before the officer showed up.

What a tramatic incident for all involved.  My heart goes out to the family and the officers who had to witness the scene.  They will never forget it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Time to ban assault knives.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#34]
wow that is some f'd up shit right there i dont even know what is wrong with people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#36]
F'ing savages
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a hard time conceiving how any human can commit such acts. As a christian I always wonder if it isn't some sort of demon possession like spoken of in the bible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#38]
That is some straight-up Michael Myers shit, right there.

Monsters ARE real.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh my.

Did you guys see the video of the mother falling to the ground and screaming?

I can't even imagine. My nephew died in a car accident and I *fainted* when I got the news. I just can't wrap my head around how it must feel to lose three children in a crime like this. :(

My heart breaks for the family. :(
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#40]
30% of all knives purchased are for killing.......
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#41]
studies have shown that most people that are commiting these heinous crimes are human.  <––- this study cost the .gov 10 billion dollars.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wow that's horrible.

They have in UK.

Guns, knives, cars, a jug of gasoline and a match-  whatever they ban,  murders will still happen.:(
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#43]
What is with the cutting off of heads?  Just killing someone isn't good enough anymore?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I noticed the friends and family in the video had "Caribbean" accents. Is decapitation somewhat common in the culture there in the islands?

They're Haitian...Haiti is fucked up right now. Holds the title for most corrupt country in the Western hemisphere. Probably some voodoo shit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#45]
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/03/fistfight_with.html

Fistfight with a neighbor led to the violent attack on sisters in Milton, according to police
March 29, 2009 03:09 PM

By Megan Woolhouse, Globe staff

MILTON –– Police said yesterday that Kerby Revelus had been involved in a fistfight Friday night with a next-door neighbor, a conflict that precipitated the violent knife attack on his three younger sisters in their apartment on Belvoir Street Saturday afternoon.

"We don't know what the fight was about," Milton Police Chief Richard G. Wells said yesterday. But "this all came as a result of [that] incident."

Police officers were not called to the scene of the fight, said Wells, who declined to disclose the identity of the neighbor, citing the ongoing investigation.

Police were called to 7 Belvoir St. shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday by 9-year-old Saraphina Revelus. Wells said police arrived at the home and broke down the door to a room on the second floor in time to see Kerby Revelus grab 5-year-old Bianca and slash her neck. Wells said Revelus had already fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister Samantha "Princesse" Revelus. The officers shot and killed Revelus as he was stabbing Saraphina Revelus and saved her life.

Bianca Revelus, who was supposed to start kindergarten this fall, had turned 5 years old the day before the attack.

Friends and family struggled to understand how a brutal slaying that left two sisters stabbed to death, allegedly at the hand of their brother, could have erupted in this quiet neighborhood.

The Revelus family have lived in the house at 7 Belvoir St. for more than two decades, according to Romy Dorvil, a cousin who followed them from Haiti to the U.S in 1985. He said Kerby Revelus was moody and "always to himself" but not threatening or erratic. And he said he had never seen him behave violently toward his siblings.

"There's no way to make sense of it," Dorvil told reporters when he visited the house earlier today. "The only person who can is dead."

Norfolk County District Attorney William R. Keating said Revelus had been involved in a "domestic issue" in 2004 that involved punching but he did not elaborate. More recently, Keating said, Revelus was charged with a firearms violation that resulted in his incarceration. Keating said he was released several months ago.

Neighbors said yesterday that Kerby Revelus behaved very erratically since his release from prison.

"He would go off, just talking about random stuff, stuff that makes no sense," said neighbor Abdul Kamara. "Sometimes you would see him and he was normal. Sometimes you would see him and he was confused."

Kamara said Revelus would wander up and down Belvoir Street most mornings drinking from a bottle in a brown bag.

The house is blocked by police tape and family and friends are not allowed to go near it. Revelus's cousin Joey Dorvil walked past it yesterday morning in the rain with two friends. He said it was too early for him to talk about the situation.

"Everybody's hurting," he said. "Everybody took a loss."

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/03/29/Unsettling-details-in-fatal/1238361556.html

Unsettling details in fatal sibling stabbings

(NECN: Josh Brogadir, Milton, Mass.) - WARNING: Graphic details included in both the text and video of this report.

Milton Police held a news conference Saturday afternoon to explain more about the killings of three Milton, Massachusetts siblings that unfolded at around 5 p.m. On Saturday.

According to police, Kerby Revelus, 23, first went at his sister Samantha, 17, stabbing her with a kitchen knife.

Police said that she called 911, and then another sister, 9-year-old Sarafina, got on the phone with the dispatcher.

Kerby killed Samantha, according to police, before a police officer responding to the call broke down the door. That is when Kerby decapitated his 5-year-old sister Bianca in front of the police officer, Chief Richard Wells said.

"The assailant had the 5-year-old daughter in his arms and was holding her hostage," Chief Wells said. "The assailant was armed with a knife and had the 5-year-old by the neck and severed her head immediately."

All that occurred with Bianca's birthday cake resting on the table. Sarafina was also stabbed, but was taken to the hospital and survived.

Kerby had a prior arrest from 2004 on domestic abuse charges against one of his siblings.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I have a hard time conceiving how any human can commit such acts. As a christian I always wonder if it isn't some sort of demon possession like spoken of in the bible.

Personally I believe it makes it easier to accept some supernatural element as the cause rather than believe the heinous things humans do to each other on a daily basis. Who knows what goes through someones mind like this scumbag or a mother who drowns her five children in a bathtub.

Princesse Revelus, 17 and sister Bianca, 5, were murdered in their Milton home Saturday.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Holy crap. Something out of a Friday the thirteenth movie.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#48]
WTF???  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Ban knives!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well at least he is dead. Muslim?

wouldn't suprise me at all.  Obama supporter?  you bet your ass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top