BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2002 7:19:07 AM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,42654,00.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]NOT IN THE ENTIRE STATE!!!!![/b]

This was a [u]local, County[/u] ruling.  Not state-wide.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a small step in the right direction.

I get a big kick out of the the folks that don't get the answer they want in court so they'll remove the judge and find a judge that will give them what they want to hear. Cripes.... I couldn't think of anyone better to judge this case then a guy who's wife and kid were kidnapped.

You should see our poor state trip all over themselves over the ruling that "all" schools should be funded equally. It's a joke. Some schools are more equal then others.

What's the word on CC? Doesn't it come up for a vote the 19th?
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's a small step in the right direction.
View Quote

Amen to that!  I just didn't want some uninformed soul to start packing today 'cause he heard it was alright [u]here[/u].

Sheriff Dan Beck (Allen Co.) has publically (TV) campaigned [b]for[/b] CCW multiple times.  He's really down on the top brass desk drivers that are against CCW in Ohio.  Outspokenly so...

A helluva good man, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
This is what pisses me off about this story......

"After the trial, lawyers defending the state law asked the judge to remove himself from the case. They said he couldn't make a fair ruling because his wife and baby were kidnapped at gunpoint outside a strip-mall camera shop in 1989. "
View Quote

WTF!!!! Because this guy has had some real world experience, [i]that could happen to any body at anytime, [/i]he is somehow not qualified to rule on this ?!?!!?  

[b]God, I hate liberals.[/b]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
To give you an idea how our Ohio government works I give you my own personal experience. I was rejected from serving (a non-paying job) on an airport authority because:

I WAS A PILOT!

I suppose they thought I didn't know much about airplanes or airports for the last twenty years I've flown. That was the reason stated. Go figure[;)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
But Ramjet, you might be biased in favor of seeing to it that the airport actually operates efficiently!  We need to ensure that public employee unions are well represented in all public authorities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top