Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Before this goes to charges and lawsuits somebody should explain to the parents that this Officer was well liked in the department, and that when it's all over they all still have to live in the same town together.

A few million makes moving easy.

Think of it as "Right Flight."

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Before this goes to charges and lawsuits somebody should explain to the parents that this Officer was well liked in the department, and that when it's all over they all still have to live in the same town together.

A few million makes moving easy.

Think of it as "Right Flight."

Even a successful suit can take years before cash changes hands... In the meantime they get to pay their lawyers, or settle for a small percentage under a contingency deal.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just asked myself "what if that were MY daughter and now the whole world sees this heathen beat her repeatedly over and over on the web". I know what I would do, I'd have no choice really. It wouldn't be good for anyone.

eta spelling

What would you have done to your daughter for stealing a car?  Sent her to her room with no dessert?  Pretty sure most folks here would say they'd lay a beat down worse than that on their own kid.....

From a technique standpoint the picking her up by her hair is the biggest issue - can't tell if the force was reasonable or not just based on the video.

Brian

I would not kick her in the stomach slam her to the floor and punch her in the head. And since you've already convicted her for the car theft without a trial/justice system (something none of us have video of)  No, I didn't

but you can't plainly see the cop mule stomp the shit out of a 15yr old girl being unjustified on a video tape I conclude myself of higher moral value than you and dismiss any opinion you may have on the matter.   Carry on.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just asked myself "what if that were MY daughter and now the whole world sees this heathen beat her repeatedly over and over on the web". I know what I would do, I'd have no choice really. It wouldn't be good for anyone.

eta spelling

What would you have done to your daughter for stealing a car?  Sent her to her room with no dessert?  Pretty sure most folks here would say they'd lay a beat down worse than that on their own kid.....

From a technique standpoint the picking her up by her hair is the biggest issue - can't tell if the force was reasonable or not just based on the video.

Brian

My daughter I'll do the beating. This cop is nothing more than a pussy. Picking on weak teenage girls.

And I knew you'd be along at some point. You were the one that had no problem with dumping the crippled guy out of his wheelchair.  Wrong - I wanted to hear the whole story before passing judgement.  Imagine that.....

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta spelling
What if would you have done to your daughter for stealing a car?  Sent her to her room with no dessert?  Pretty sure most folks here would say they'd lay a beat down worse than that on their own kid.....

Brian
My daughter I'll do the beating. This cop is nothing more than a pussy. Picking on weak teenage girls.

And I knew you'd be along at some point. You were the one that had no problem with dumping the crippled guy out of his wheelchair.

Red: Fixed it for you.

Once again, you cannot change the premise and then mock the conclusions for being 'false'.
Just in case that is not obvious:
We say blue and red make purple.
You say 'what if' yellow and red? "Ha ha, now you're all wrong, because it's orange, not purple."
See...?

Blue: Technique? You're kidding, right? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that LEOs are taught techniques for lifting a handcuffed person from face-down to standing-up. Correct You're essentially claiming that lifting someone's entire body weight by their hair might be a reasonable technique that's taught to LEOs? No - picking up the handcuffed girl by her hair is not acceptable.  Using someones hair to control them may or may not be acceptable depending on the situation.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I take it you are okay with how this was handled by the officer because she was not yet conficted of stealing a car?

He's ok with it due to the profession of the violent criminal in the video

What you continuosly fail to recognize is that LEOs are authorized to legally use force to gain compliance.  I don't know if this deputy screwed the pooch or not on excessive force - it does look ugly.

If the prisoner had been a 6'0/200lb 15 y/o male with AIDS that spit in the deputies face what would be an acceptable action on the deputies part?

Brian

If the suspect was a 50 story lizard going by the name of godzilla, stomping a small japaneese village, would ....

Seriously brian, do you ever stick to a topic without bringing completely fabricated and totally irrelevant fairy-tales into the mix?  I give you fair marks for imagination, but try for once to stick to the actual events rather than inflating them to something they are not

6', 200 lb aids spitter.  sheeeze... it's like the 2008 version of "grim brothers".
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the guy snapped and tackled her. Grabs her hair and throws her on a conrete floor. Jumps on her. Then a couple of rabbit punches. Then picks her up by her hair AFTER she is cuffed.

Hair pull take downs are taught at the academy I attended.  Picking someone up by the hair is a different story.

Brian

Wow, what county do you work in? I will drive around it when I go back to California.

Pretty sure it's a standard technique taught everywhere - control the head and the body follows.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I take it you are okay with how this was handled by the officer because she was not yet conficted of stealing a car?

What you continuosly fail to recognize is that LEOs are authorized to legally use force to gain compliance.  I don't know if this deputy screwed the pooch or not on excessive force - it does look ugly.

If the prisoner had been a 6'0/200lb 15 y/o male with AIDS that spit in the deputies face what would be an acceptable action on the deputies part?

Brian

Seriously brian, do you ever stick to a topic without bringing completely fabricated and totally irrelevant fairy-tales into the mix?  I give you fair marks for imagination, but try for once to stick to the actual events rather than inflating them to something they are not

I apologize for using the patented tactics of GD cop bashers....

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

I apologize for using the patented tactics of GD cop bashers....

Brian

I only see you, and your side lying up alternate realities in this thread.  

Quoted:
Ok,I've been to a bunch of sites where this video has been posted.
Lots of LEOs have called this guy out as a bad cop and say what he did was wrong.
But what I can't understand is why didn't the other cop in the room with him stop the beating?

You are still under the impression it is "one bad apple"?
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Brian, to your post about what I would do to my minor daughter had she committed a crime;

I wouldn't think to do what that asshat did, but she would suffer in other ways. Loss of any personal freedom, loss of the ability to be out of the house, unsupervised. Loss of any of the "extra" sort of things, like cool clothes, that she obviously can't afford on her own. And worst of all, my huge disappointment in her. That being said, I've never sued anybody in my life, but would throw an apeshit sized lawsuit on that whole PD had that been my child.

Can I present another side of the coin to you? WHAT IF...she was the victim of bad circumstances, and choices. Say, and this is only said for the purpose of discussion here, and has no bearing on this case, but just say she was out with a friend, that took his moms car without permission. He asked her if she wanted to drive... So she was the one driving when it was reported stolen. Was she right to drive the car? No, but sometimes kids do stupid things. They don't warrant a beat down like the one she received.

Its not like 15 year olds are full grown adults, and teenage girls at that age often find drama, are over emotional, etc.

She flipped a shoe at him, not even like full force, or with any ninja moves. She probably wasn't old enough to realize the cop wasn't her parents, and would put up with that minor temper tantrum.

In my experience, 15 y/o's that took mom's car w/o permission and don't have a record are not taken to juvenille hall - they are released to their parents.  OTOH, 15 y/o's are old enough to know better and if they don't it's a reflection on the parents inabilities more than anything.  I've said this before - the only time I've been attacked, yes attacked, on the job was by 17 y/o (1 month shy of 18....) 5'0"/95lb girl.

This smells really bad, and I would hope the cops here would take the high ground, and conserve resources to the actual cop bashing threads.

It does look bad for the deputy, no doubt about that - but if you actually read what I've said I haven't said he was justified in the amount of force used.  I said I won't pass judgement based solely on the news clip.

My point was that many posters here have said they would beat their children senseless if their kid committed/was arrested for a felony and/or the equivalent of kicking a shoe at them - hell, folks here have said they would draw down a 15 y/o for trespassing.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stop with the drama. 2 punches does not qualify as a beating.  

1 kick and at least 1 punch as he enters the cell.
1 Face slam into the brick wall
Thrown to the wall by the hair.
Face rammed into the floor by the weight of 1 "male"
2 punches as she is held down by two "males"

1+2= how many?

It was excessive force by the officer. It was not a beating.

I'm sure next time a suspect punches an officer 3-4 times, kicks him at least once we will refrain from calling that a beating as well.

Had she been resisting handcuffing the punches might have been able to be justified, probably not but possibly.

When in pain, the natural human condition, is to hold what hurts.  She had just been punched at least 3 times (probably 4) had her face slammed into a concrete wall, then grabbed by her hair and thrown to the concrete.   Can you possibly see across that blue line and identify why her hands were clenched to her injuries and not compliant?

Neat catch 22 you folks propose.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I am sure he feels like a man now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
she deserved everything but the punches in my opinion
still funny though
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

She gave an interview to the CBS Early Show today

Video is at the link

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4837663n

Look out! It's comin' right for us!

Yeah, that's some hood rat car stealing thug.

It's going to be fun seeing that fuck defend his actions against her in court.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

She gave an interview to the CBS Early Show today

Video is at the link

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4837663n

From the comments:

VERY DISTURBING, THE GIRL ONLY 15, 2 COPS ,,SUPPOSE 2- B - TRAINED 2 -B
-PROTECTION 4- US. YEA WHATEVER,ANYWAY, A SHOE KICKED OUT THE DOOR
MAKES THEM GO OFF !!!!!!! PLEASE , CAN U SAY THEY NEED RE-TRAINING ON
HOW 2 -B -A -GOOD COP, & NOT A BAD COP !!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE STUFF
THAT GOES ON IN THE SMALL COUNTY OF KY. WHERE I LIVE,THEY DO WHATEVER
THEY PLEASE, & FEEL THEY R JUSTIFIED ,COZ THEY WEAR A BADGE
...& I'M 38 ,& WHITE ....

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop with the drama. 2 punches does not qualify as a beating.  

1 kick and at least 1 punch as he enters the cell.
1 Face slam into the brick wall
Thrown to the wall by the hair.
Face rammed into the floor by the weight of 1 "male"
2 punches as she is held down by two "males"

1+2= how many?

It was excessive force by the officer. It was not a beating.

I'm sure next time a suspect punches an officer 3-4 times, kicks him at least once we will refrain from calling that a beating as well.

Had she been resisting handcuffing the punches might have been able to be justified, probably not but possibly.

When in pain, the natural human condition, is to hold what hurts.  She had just been punched at least 3 times (probably 4) had her face slammed into a concrete wall, then grabbed by her hair and thrown to the concrete.   Can you possibly see across that blue line and identify why her hands were clenched to her injuries and not compliant?

Neat catch 22 you folks propose.

I wouldn't even call her uncompliant. I assumed she was uncompliant when the 20 seconds were edited. This was just a takedown with 2 apparently excessive punches.She assaulted the deputy with her left shoe. Was about to do it again with her right when the officer closes the distance using a "shin kick". This is an approved distraction strike in most places. The girl strikes up towards the officers face and he pushes her against the wall and takes her to the ground. It is permissible to use the hair to assist in doing a takedown and is very effective.  This is all most likely within policy and occurs frequently there I bet. I see it happen probably once every couple of weeks at my small 100,000 person city's police department jail.

So everything is justified up until that point if you ask me.  Then there are the problematic two strikes to the head/shoulder area. We cannot see where she was struck and have not heard the justification for the strikes. They appear in my eyes to be excessive but maybe he can justify them. I doubt it and an investigator who looked at the facts firsthand determined an assault to have occured.

Then after the girl is handcuffed she is picked up by her hair. This is most likely against policy and the deputy was probably never trained to lift people up from the ground by their hair.  This is not criminal though and the deputy will be charged internally for this.

As for your "catch 22". Don't assault the staff when you are in custody and you won't be taken down and handcuffed. The officer had the right to stop the assault, no matter how minor.
I am not hiding behind the thin blue line (ya'll use the term wrong) and many times have agreed that a particular UOF was unwarranted. This was not a beating, there were two excessive strikes. The officer will most likely plea out to probation and will resign/ be fired from his job.

Some of you folks sound as dramatic as Julie Chen during the interview.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#18]
The girls statements during the interview did more harm than good for her civil case.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The girls statements during the interview did more harm than good for her civil case.

Brian

She lied about the shoe hitting the officer....what else is she lying about?

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
She assaulted the deputy with her left shoe. Was about to do it again with her right when the officer closes the distance using a "shin kick". This is an approved distraction strike in most places. The girl strikes up towards the officers face and he pushes her against the wall and takes her to the ground. It is permissible to use the hair to assist in doing a takedown and is very effective.

If I ever wondered why there was a gulf between law enforcement and the populace, this post does a marvelous job of explaining why.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Her credibility is shot after the comments about "borrowing" the car.

I can't recall anyone every saying "I'm not resisting, I'm not resisting" - I have heard people say "I'm not fighting".  "I'm not resisting" sounds a bit coached.

Someone said the deputy claimed her injuries were from falling - is there a copy of the report available?  What about a copy of the EMS report after she reported trouble breathing?  What the deputy did does look bad but what were the actual injuries suffered by the girl?

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta spelling

Brian

I would not kick her in the stomach slam her to the floor and punch her in the head. And since you've already convicted her for the car theft without a trial/justice system (something none of us have video of)  No, I didn't

but you can't plainly see the cop mule stomp the shit out of a 15yr old girl being unjustified on a video tape I conclude myself of higher moral value than you and dismiss any opinion you may have on the matter.   Carry on.

Brian

Christ, I thought they said she took her Mom's car.   Mother car stealing bitch.              
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the guy snapped and tackled her. Grabs her hair and throws her on a conrete floor. Jumps on her. Then a couple of rabbit punches. Then picks her up by her hair AFTER she is cuffed.

Hair pull take downs are taught at the academy I attended.  Picking someone up by the hair is a different story.

Brian

Wow, what county do you work in? I will drive around it when I go back to California.

Pretty sure it's a standard technique taught everywhere - control the head and the body follows.

Brian

My wife does it the other way around. Control the dick and the never mind, it is the same.            
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Here's an glimpse  into what the general public thinks when they see this.

It was a sneaker, not a rock, club, or a direct kick, it was a soft shoe. She's tiny and 15.

This is $100 of asskicking for $2 worth of trouble.

You can talk about "pain compliance techniques" and everything else. It doesn't matter. It LOOKS out of line, so therefore it is out of line.

Perception is reality.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Excessive... meet excessive. I wonder who was the last to go down under this act?
It probably won't come up here, but you can't read this thread without noticing that the divide between LE and regular people is rapidly growing.

(It doesn't need to fit all that well BTW, you just need to convince twelve people who were too stupid to get out of jury duty. )

TITLE 18––CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I––CRIMES

CHAPTER 13––CIVIL RIGHTS

Sec. 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or
custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory,
Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights,
privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or
laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or
penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his
color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or
both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation
of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or
threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be
fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both;
and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this
section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap,
aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual
abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or
imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be
sentenced to death.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She assaulted the deputy with her left shoe. Was about to do it again with her right when the officer closes the distance using a "shin kick". This is an approved distraction strike in most places. The girl strikes up towards the officers face and he pushes her against the wall and takes her to the ground. It is permissible to use the hair to assist in doing a takedown and is very effective.

If I ever wondered why there was a gulf between law enforcement and the populace, this post does a marvelous job of explaining why.

You civilians just don't get it, that is the problem

I kid, I kid....

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter. It LOOKS out of line, so therefore it is out of line.

Perception is reality.

Unfortunately, this is the crux of the problem - "EBR's look evil therefore they must be killing machines".  Perception (by the general populace) is not always a valid decision making criteria.

Go back to Rodney King - Judge ruled all but the last six baton strikes were justified IIRC.  However the 'general public' thought the entire thing was excessive force.....

If this goes to trial a jury will be presented a boat load of evidence/testimony regarding UoF and a jury may not come back with a verdict the general public likes/feels is proper.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception is reality.

Unfortunately, this is the crux of the problem - "EBR's look evil therefore they must be killing machines".  Perception (by the general populace) is not always a valid decision making criteria.

If this goes to trial a jury will be presented a boat load of evidence/testimony regarding UoF and a jury may not come back with a verdict the general public likes/feels is proper.

Brian

Two words for you:

OJ walked.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception is reality.

Brian

Two words for you:

OJ walked.

Not following what you mean.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Here's an glimpse  into what the general public thinks when they see this.

It was a sneaker, not a rock, club, or a direct kick, it was a soft shoe. She's tiny and 15.

This is $100 of asskicking for $2 worth of trouble.

You can talk about "pain compliance techniques" and everything else. It doesn't matter. It LOOKS out of line, so therefore it is out of line.

Perception is reality.

I am not justifying the 2 punches, they looked excessive and were not pain compliance that I can tell. Initially I thought it might have been since they edited the tape but that was not the case, I was wrong.

Everything else looked OK to me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception is reality.

Brian

Two words for you:

OJ walked.

Huh?

Edit:

Good point. A jury felt he did not do it.

If a UOF expert explains how the police are trained and why they do certain things a jury might think it was not excessive. It would depend on whether he can justify what he did.

Eve though it looked like OJ did it, the jury who had all the facts were not convinced beynd a reasonable doubt.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does.

Remind me to fall flat on my face, off my car, off the road, just not ever touch a LEO.

Yes it was very effective on a 15 year old girl.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw that on Fox and Friends this morning.  Somebody will get sued.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception is reality.

Brian

Two words for you:

OJ walked.

Huh?  

I think the point here is that sometimes a jury can decide on emotion, and a boat load of evidence won't change their minds. If they don't get passed seeing a skinny 15 year old thrown around like a rag doll you could bring in experts till the cows come home, and Schere and the County are going down.

Kind of a reverse OJ, but it's a good example.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think the point here is that sometimes a jury can decide on emotion, and a boat load of evidence won't change their minds. If they don't get passed seeing a skinny 15 year old thrown around like a rag doll you could bring in experts till the cows come home, and Schere and the County are going down.

I got ya.  It does look ugly and the punches look unjustified.

Did she have any actual injuries from those 2 punches  though? That is usually  very important  in a civil suit.

He will lose his job and a small "go away" settlement will be paid by the counties insurance company.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read SOME posts by so called LEO's and realize more then a few of them here would be more then happy to do whatever their bosses told them to do up to and including arresting and killing people if they didn't turn in their weapons if such a ban ever went into effect. Some would enjoy it. No matter what some POS officer does, they will find an excuse for them, they simply CAN'T comprehend that all cops are not good people that act ethically.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception is reality.

Brian

Two words for you:

OJ walked.

Huh?  

I'm not sure I would have found OJ guilty beyond a reasonable doubt based on what the jurors were presented/allowed to consider - sometimes there is a huge difference between what the jury hears and what the general public hears.

The 15 y/o did get thrown around like a rag doll - no doubt - but that doesn't necessarily mean the deputy committed a crime.  But where were the injuries she received from  that "beating"?  If she had felt she had been the victim of unlawful UoF why didn't she file a complaint at that time?  I"m willing to bet the deputy knew it was on tape although that doesn't really explain his claim the bruise on his shin was from the shoe and not the toilet.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read SOME posts by so called LEO's and realize more then a few of them here would be more then happy to do whatever their bosses told them to do up to and including arresting and killing people if they didn't turn in their weapons if such a ban ever went into effect. Some would enjoy it. No matter what some POS officer does, they will find an excuse for them, they simply CAN'T comprehend that all cops are not good people that act ethically.

I'll make sure to nominate you for the Best Actor award......

There are truly criminal cops out there we don't have to look too hard.  It's the grey areas that cause the discussions and UoF can be a very large grey area.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#39]
If that was my daughter (i have 2) that would be 2 dead cops I would in jail or dead but they would be dead first! f**king pigs
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If that was my daughter (i have 2) that would be 2 dead cops I would in jail or dead but they would be dead first! f**king pigs

Careful, don't want to get your giant e-penis caught in your keyboard....

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

so you would allow this to happen to  your childern? and not do anything about it? nothing to do w/ penis size has to do w/ protecting your loved ones
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't wait until my boss says I can have your guns

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#43]
The solution is simple. EVERYTIME a LEO is convicted of an abuse of power issue, he or she is promoted. Then 5 officers are picked at random from the promoted officers department{if it is a big dept} or the county the dept is in, and sentenced to whatever the promoted officer would have gotten. In general population.

You would see PDs nationwide get cleaned up from within VERY quickly.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

so you would allow this to happen to  your childern? and not do anything about it? nothing to do w/ penis size has to do w/ protecting your loved ones

How exactly would you have been protecting your loved ones by murdering two cops?

This is purely a guess on my part because I haven't seen any pics of the injuries suffered and she wasn't transported to a hospital but I doubt she sustained anything more than a bruised ego, fat lip and sore wrists/shoulders as a result of the "beating".

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception is reality.

Brian

Two words for you:

OJ walked.

Huh?  

That is what I meant.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is purely a guess on my part because I haven't seen any pics of the injuries suffered and she wasn't transported to a hospital but I doubt she sustained anything more than a bruised ego, fat lip and sore wrists/shoulders as a result of the "beating".

Whatever amount of damage she absorbed, it was 100X more than what the officer experienced.

Unless, of course, you think that the girl's sneaker was made of lead or was coated in shards of broken glass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever amount of damage she absorbed, it was 100X more than what the officer experienced.

Unless, of course, you think that the girl's sneaker was made of lead or was coated in shards of broken glass.

Under CA law I believe her action of kicking the shoe at the Deputy would be an Assault (if the shoe missed) or Battery (if the shoe hit the officer) - I'll assume WA law is similar.

Two questions need to be addresses: 1) Did the Deputy have the legal authority to use force? The question is not "Would you have used force"  2) If the Deputy had legal authority to use force was the force used reasonable or excessive?

I think the Deputy had legal authority to use force.  I'm not sure if he crossed the line from reasonable to excessive based on the video.  The girls statements in the interview don't help her claim as she admits to kicking the shoe at him and not following instructions throughout the process.

Brian

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Jesus
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teflon coated, Cop Killer Sneakers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Bottom line is this: The POS with a badge will lose his job at a minimum, possibly go to jail, possible have to pay damages to the girl.

Doesn't matter what the Lawyer wannabe's with badges think about it.

Losing perspective must be a hazard of LE work.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top