Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 6:16:40 AM EDT
Quoted:
That's right.

The Clinton's dog, Buddy was struck and killed by a car in Chappaqua, NY last nite. None of the Clintons were home.

Normally, I'd be sad for the doggie. But no doubt, he is in a better place right now.

And I don't even beleive in doggie heaven.

[}:D]

View Quote

How can you say such a thing GMAN!???

Afterall surely the LORD OUR GOD has the decency to let mans best friend into heaven along with him!!

Just who are you going to play fetch with in the great hereafter?

Time for another religion thread?  

No just needed to be done...( smile gman!!)

Cheers!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If there ain't, I ain't going.

(As if I were likely to get invited...)
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If there ain't, I ain't going.

(As if I were likely to get invited...)
View Quote
Ditto, Celt.  Times two.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Well OF COURSE there is actually a Doggie heaven.

I just choose not to beleive in it.

Kinda like you guys and the Bible, the REAL Heaven, Creation, God Himself, the [devil]salvation in Jesus Christ, etc etc etc.

OF COURSE those all really exist. Y'all just choose not to beleive in them.

[}:D] [:D] [BD]

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Kinda like you guys and the Bible, the REAL Heaven, Creation, God Himself, the [devil]salvation in Jesus Christ, etc etc etc.

View Quote

Oh, so you mean it's like you and evolution...it is real, it happened, but you refuse to accept it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks GMAN!!

I needed that this morning!!

Glad you were here to give me my morning smile!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh, so you mean it's like you and evolution...it is real, it happened, but you refuse to accept it.
View Quote

Now RikWriter -

That's a LAME response. It copies off my initial post, and shows no originality.

In fact, my attorney will be contacting you with a plagiarism charge. [:D]

Even the QUALITY of your posts seem to be declining. Are you sure all is well in RikWriterVille???
[}:D]

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I think most of the animals would get to go before we would.  
Bill3508
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, as far as I know, there is no seperate "doggie heaven".  However, I do believe that animals will join humans in heaven...not for their sake, but instead for ours.

The question is, do animals sin?  If no, then there is a distinct possibility that they will join us in the hereafter.  How could they sin?  They have no knowledge of right and wrong or free will and choice.  

We all know that animals have senses beyond our own.  This may be a little wacky, but even if animals had the ability to reason and debate, there would be no question in their minds about the existance of God...they just know.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Do animanls sin??

Well when my Chololate Lab pup jumped on the kitchen table yesterday and ate my daughters scrambled eggs....he was no SAINT!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe dogs are Catholics, and are all going to Hell with me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

All Catholics are going to hell??

When did this happen???

I musta missed a memo.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now RikWriter -

That's a LAME response.
View Quote

Lame posts deserve lame responses.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Of course dogs and other animals go to Heaven.  It is we humans who have no afterlife.  There is a damned good reason our early ancestors woshipped gods who had the form of animals.  Og, Thak, and the gang  learned early on that animals were different from humans in an important way.  A bird most likely, because they can easily speak like humans, explained that the difference was that animals have souls.  This also explains the preponderance of bird gods (Horus, Garuda, etc).  In our understandable desire not to be extinguished at death, we humans have concocted elaborate fantasies to convince ourselves that we are immortal just like cats and dogs and parakeets.  Would that it were only so.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#16]
If there is a heaven (and I pray there is) I believe all of God's creatures will be there, not just humans.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like a Vince Foster to me....those fecking clintons will do anything to garner sympathy from the masses...in Hillarys bid to become prez and Bill to follow her right back into the white house...nothing is beneath them in this attempt imo...as for Dogs in Heaven?
Jesus said.."Even you , who are evil, know how to give good things to your
children..how much more so will your Heavenly Father give you good things?
The bible states that someday there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth
since our beloved pets are earthly creatures...Im sure the Creator has in mind & there will be plenty of  His creatures involved in His New Earth...Hopefully those critters we and our kids loved on earth will be somehow preserved...but who knows ...its entirely up to Him...He knows what is best and what ever He has in mind Is the best....
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

All Catholics are going to hell??

When did this happen???

I musta missed a memo.

View Quote

I'll be damned! (no really, see above)

You were one of the guys about five or six months ago jumping in and telling me that Catholicism isn't [b]really[/b] Christianity, and hey, we all know that the only way to Heaven is through Christ, right?

Check your Chick tracts, garandman. It's right there in front of you. "The Death Cookie" [url]http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp[/url] is my favorite, although "Holocaust" [url]http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0054/0054_01.asp[/url] is a good one too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Animals do not go to heaven or hell because they do not have souls. Only human beings have souls. To elevate animals to the same status as humans is to simultaneously lower humans to the status of animals (Works both ways...)

And what eventually happens to animals?...and Untermenschen? Slaughter, for whatever given reason. and, like animals in our world, we will eventually have no defences left (at least legally, for civilians), in order to save ourselves.

I'll be damned if I will let me and mine become Untermenschen.

The reasoning behind the animal-rights movement will surely be used for genocide at some point. Just wait.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If there is a heaven (and I pray there is) I believe all of God's creatures will be there, not just humans.
View Quote

So there are chiggers, horseflies and mosquitos in heaven?  Hmmmm... burning in a lake of fire doesn't look so bad now. [;)]  
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Did any of you ever see the old twilight zone show where a hillbilly who was killed was walking with his dog? He runs into a well dressed man who invites him in but he has to leave the dog. He declines and a while later runs into another person who I believe was supposed to be God and both get invited in. We can guess who the first person was.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The reasoning behind the animal-rights movement will surely be used for genocide at some point. Just wait.
View Quote

I'm sure it's already being used in euthanasia cases. "Let's just put Grandpa to sleep." Which is better than, "We took Grandpa to the country where he can live on a farm and run and play with other grandpas."
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You were one of the guys about five or six months ago jumping in and telling me that Catholicism isn't [b]really[/b] Christianity, and hey, we all know that the only way to Heaven is through Christ, right?

Check your Chick tracts, garandman. It's right there in front of you. "The Death Cookie" [url]http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp[/url] is my favorite, although "Holocaust" [url]http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0054/0054_01.asp[/url] is a good one too.
View Quote

There are doctrinal differences between Catholcism and "Christianity" no doubt.

And salvation by faith alone in Jesus Christ is the Biblical prerequisite for entering Heaven.

That said, I have no reason to believe that MANY Catholics haven't been saved in the Biblically mandated method.

And neither the wrong dcotrine beleived by Catholics or by Christians will keep them out of heaven. If being doctrinally coreect on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE were necessary, NO ONE would be going.

ONLY rejecting Jesus Chrisit as your personal saviour will keep a person out of heaven, according to the Bible. (I can give ANYONE more details via email)

What label you wear is irrelevant.

BTW, I'm NOT a big "Chick Publ." fan. its sorta bubble gum Christianity. The Chick folks think the pope is the anti-Christ (I beleive.) I personally find that a VERY disturbing belief.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Then it doesn't matter what one does or says, or where one does it or says it, only what one believes? Is that your belief?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Of course ther is no doggie heaven. They are going to the regular one with the rest of us. What would heaven be like with no dogs. That wouldn't be heaven at all...

Now as far as cats are concerned,,, that's why God gave them nine lives,,, that's all they get. After the ninth one, game over, no heaven, no hell. Dogs got souls but cats don't.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Then it doesn't matter what I do or say, or where I do it or say it, only what I believe? Is that your belief?
View Quote

Biblically, salvation in Jesus Christ is accompanied by the "savee" (is that a word??? )being made into a new creation - i.e. he is spiritually re-born, and given a new nature that while STILL bent toward sin, has the capacity to NOT sin by the power of God. (I Cor. 5:17)

As such, the "savee" will WANT to be obedient to God, and his actions will reflect the laws of God. So, a saved persons actions are VERY important. What you beleive WIIL affect how you act. If a person beleives in a Holy God who hates sin, that person will seek to minimize their sin.

"By their fruits you shall know them (whether they are saved or not)."

-- The Bible

As a final thought, Scripturally if a person does get saved, but then chooses to live in sin, God will "take them home." (aka premature death)

Hey, He IS God, ya know....[:D]

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#27]
If the  dog goes to heaven Billy Boy will not be able to play catch as he  will not be  in the same place. So the Dog by association must hten go to hell, poor animal, condemned by association.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As a final thought, Scripturally if a person does get saved, but then chooses to live in sin, God will "take them home." (aka premature death)

View Quote

G-man, will you give me a reference for this?  It's a new concept to me that I'd like to check out.  Thanks.

-kid
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Then it doesn't matter what I do or say, or where I do it or say it, only what I believe? Is that your belief?
View Quote

I thought that was a fairly simple yes or no question, but your answer didn't contain a single "yes" or "no."

Like everything else in life, I guess God is in the details. You gotta read the fine print.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

G-man, will you give me a reference for this?  It's a new concept to me that I'd like to check out.  Thanks.

-kid
View Quote

Start out with I Cor. 11: 29-32. Its referring to a specific case, but I believe the general principle applies as I've explained it above. Good people can disagree on this particular issue. There IS room for interpretation.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks G-man.  I'll check it out tonight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought that was a fairly simple yes or no question, but your answer didn't contain a single "yes" or "no."

View Quote

{blushing]

Uhh, NO.

I tend to get wordy [BD] That, and i felt you asked a great question that deserved more than a one word answer. [:D]

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:49:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well OF COURSE there is actually a Doggie heaven.

I just choose not to beleive in it.

[}:D] [:D] [BD]
View Quote

OK, this is your word from a mysteriously deleted thread…..[rolleyes]

Is there a “jungle bunny” heaven?  Forgive me if I misspelled your word garandman.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I was told, in a long lost thread, that only humans have souls, and therefore only humans can be saved and go to heaven.  And that people are different from fish, birds, and others mammals.  Therefore, dogs ain't goin' to heaven, in this view...

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."

- Mark Twain

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Theologically speaking, dogs have no soul. They also do not have the ability to accept Christ as their Savior, which Christians generally accept as the requirement for admittance to Heaven....unless you are willing to go along with the PETA folks and grant animals more intelligence than they are generally recognized as having.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Theologically speaking, dogs have no soul. They also do not have the ability to accept Christ as their Savior, which Christians generally accept as the requirement for admittance to Heaven....unless you are willing to go along with the PETA folks and grant animals more intelligence than they are generally recognized as having.....
View Quote

I'm sure you'd agree that there are dogs that seem smarter than some people. If intelligence were a requirement for admittance into heaven, there's gonna be an awful lot of very unhappy people at the end...
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't mean intelligence so much as cognitive thought. While animals may have a level of inate intelligence, I don't believe they think like we  humans do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I love this stuff! I'm a non practicing Catholic AND a Christian AND have accepted Jesus as my saviour of whom I'm love more than anything or anyone, and would die for in an instant, PERIOD. All organized religion, as far as I'm concerned, is self serving and more or less corrupt. Now this might not seem appropriate but what other creature, including humans, gives the unconditional love that a dog does? This love is a natural trait and I believe  that nasty or viscious behavior is a result of how the dog was reared or treated. Have you ever noticed what DOG is backwards! Hmmmmmmm......
[peep]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top