Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 397
Posted: 2/7/2009 1:51:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat]
I have been feeling pretty tired the last few months,  also have noticed a change in the way my muscle mass changes in response to working out along with a slight drop in libido. It's still there but not the same as before.  So I asked my neighbor who's a doc and he wanted to run some tests.

I came back with low testosterone and very low Vit D.  Testosterone was only 160 when he said it should be 400-800 and 400 was considered low.

he said it's likely related to stress and my travel schedule and work which lately has been insane.  Also not sleeping well.

He outlined a couple of options.  1 is a testosterone gel but he said that's a lifetime option. Once you start, you can't stop.  that doesn't sound good.

another one is something called "novarel" or HCG.  He said it helps stimulate your body to produce it's own.  This sounds like a better option since it sounds like I can come off it if my schedule goes back to normal or I start getting some sleep..

I'm not sure though. Anyone else gone through this?  it's not bad,  I feel fine I just don't feel quite "normal".  Any reason not to use the Novarel/HCG stuff?

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunGuyMP:

I still don't feel very different, I feel like I have to try hard to find something I am feeling that is different.  You would expect 270 to 700s jump would be noticeable.
View Quote
The issue is you didn't "jump" you slowly increased to 700.  You are at 60 days of usage now right?  That is a slow progression.  I never really noticed anything even when I went from 200 to 1,100.  It was months later when I realized that I was sleeping better, had more energy, and was building muscle.  I would expect your levels to continue increasing for the next month or two on the same dose.

Also 700, while a really good number, is not that noticeable anyway at least not for me.  With my T injections I was in the 900 to 1,000 range and felt solid.  I've backed off that dose some and I'm in the 600-700 range now and feel less.  It's hard to describe.  I don't feel as much energy, drive, and recover a bit slower.  However, in comparison to how I felt when I was at 200, I am doing great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:
Why not call the folks at EMT or whatever that company was that the Det-Oak-Man was always posting here about?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrzy:
I am for sure but these doctors around here are quacks and few and far between.
I have an echo cardio test later this month to rule out any heart problems. 

Saw 2 different endos this year both didn't know hardly anything about TRT.
GP knows less than nothing, said he never heard of E2 inhibitor.
Never heard of using HCG.
I guess I'm going to have to find an Endo in NYC who knows wtf He's doing
2 hour drive
I'm going to take one more shot a little more east, near stroudburg Pa, closer to jersey maybe better docs? 
Why not call the folks at EMT or whatever that company was that the Det-Oak-Man was always posting here about?

I thought he was already using IMT?  I know he kept saying great things about the guy posting here marketing their $750 for 10 weeks treatment and putting down every other treatment option and company available.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
I thought he was already using IMT?  I know he kept saying great things about the guy posting here marketing their $750 for 10 weeks treatment and putting down every other treatment option and company available.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrzy:
I am for sure but these doctors around here are quacks and few and far between.
I have an echo cardio test later this month to rule out any heart problems. 

Saw 2 different endos this year both didn't know hardly anything about TRT.
GP knows less than nothing, said he never heard of E2 inhibitor.
Never heard of using HCG.
I guess I'm going to have to find an Endo in NYC who knows wtf He's doing
2 hour drive
I'm going to take one more shot a little more east, near stroudburg Pa, closer to jersey maybe better docs? 

$750 every 10 weeks? Wow, that seems expensive. Hopefully that is no other out of pocket costs and frequent labs included as well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dogsandhogs:
That dude was out of line posting here without being a site sponsor, but the company does offer a good service.
View All Quotes

That dude was out of line posting here without being a site sponsor, but the company does offer a good service.
Most of that guys posts were slightly helpful and he didn't spam the forum with the business name.  My only complaint with the guy was that he trashed anyone posting about any other treatment option other than what their company sold.  I would post information on peer reviewed medical studies and he would shit post in response claiming it was all wrong but never offered any medical studies to backup his claims.  I was just trying to post information so that people here could do research and make informed decisions and he didn't like that.  They lost a lot of support here when they raised their prices even higher and went from 12 weeks of treatment down to 10 weeks.   
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:27:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moonjumper] [#5]

OMG!

Cut it in HALF???

Prepare for a likely LONG wait... Arimidex is super powerful/effective in men...

I do well by biting a chunk off a tab abt every 2 weeks or so...

Which reminds me...

I also keep a log of all meds, and other related events, does anyone else?
View Quote
Anastrozole is pretty ineffective with me.  Estrogen levels stayed around 60 even on 2 mg a week.  Switched to letrozole and it is apparently very effective with me.  I actually don't feel bad at all even at this level but I know it needs to be a little higher than 7.  No joint pain any different than has ever been my normal.  However if mine gets up to around 50 and climbing I experience worse joint pain and horrible night sweats and we won't even get into the emotions.  However the low E could explain the dip in my sex drive that I've noticed.

I don't keep a log as well as I should but I do keep all of my labs as well as current lists of medicines, vitamins, and supplements.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
For a MILLION or so BUCKS...

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:31:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#7]

View Quote
But...

But...

That was THEN! I thought they were going steady...

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By moonjumper:

Anastrozole is pretty ineffective with me.  Estrogen levels stayed around 60 even on 2 mg a week.  Switched to letrozole and it is apparently very effective with me.  I actually don't feel bad at all even at this level but I know it needs to be a little higher than 7.  No joint pain any different than has ever been my normal.  However if mine gets up to around 50 and climbing I experience worse join t pain and horrible night sweats and we won't even get into the emotions.  However the low E could explain the dip in my sex drive that I've noticed.
View Quote
How do you determine your E level?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#9]

How do you determine your E level?
View Quote
Labs are done every 3-4 months depending.  My previous doc required it every 3 months for the first month and then stretch it out some after that.  He "retired" suddenly after I had been seeing him for nearly two years. Located another one and just had gotten my last results from him.  First set since switching AI's.  I'll schedule myself to get them done in 3 months just to see where my E levels are.  Everything else has stayed level and new doc so far has seemed to be very easy to work with. 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
So here is mine...
Testosterone = 123 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free = 2.46 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free Pct = 2.00 %

Run down... Tired...  No drive...  UGH!  Feel exhausted all the time.

Doc prescribed Axiron for this after the test results.  Went to Kroger to pick up the prescription and was told that it had to have a prior authorization from the insurance.  Just got a denial letter from insurance that said to try Androgel 1.62 first.

Damn insurance companies...  They know better than the doc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LE6920:

$750 every 10 weeks? Wow, that seems expensive. Hopefully that is no other out of pocket costs and frequent labs included as well.
View Quote
Not returning my calls, I have been away from IMT for 2 years plus and it was $495.00 for 10 weeks 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Anastrozole is pretty ineffective with me.  Estrogen levels stayed around 60 even on 2 mg a week.  Switched to letrozole and it is apparently very effective with me.  I actually don't feel bad at all even at this level but I know it needs to be a little higher than 7.  No joint pain any different than has ever been my normal.  However if mine gets up to around 50 and climbing I experience worse joint pain and horrible night sweats and we won't even get into the emotions.  However the low E could explain the dip in my sex drive that I've noticed.

I don't keep a log as well as I should but I do keep all of my labs as well as current lists of medicines, vitamins, and supplements.
View Quote
Anastrozle allows estrogen to still flow through the blood stream while letro kills it. I used letro to get
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LE6920:

View Quote
About half that actually.  It's still expensive, but a good alternative until you can find a good doc and get stuff figured out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]

For a MILLION or so BUCKS...

LOL!
View Quote
It's about $800 for 20 weeks for a good dose of T, HCG, and AI, plus all the required kit.  It's still more expensive than a good doc and using the knowledge in this thread, but it's a good service for people with low-T, new to all of this, and an idiot, gold-digging doc prescribing 1ml shots every two weeks at the office for $40 a pop with no AI or HCG.  I no longer use them, but they helped me get on the right track.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cfishman:
I do 150 T a week, levels been good, feel great!
When I'd go do my 6 month check, I'd ask about my E, doc said not necessary,  not symptomatic.
Last month or two, no energy, weak, easily agitated, libido off, mental fog.  Made appointment with doc last week, results came in today....137 E2.  I didn't even ask where my T was at.  Doc wants me to pick up med tomorrow to do a liver flush (?).  I asked nurse about e inhibitors, she said this is phase one.
What am I in for?
View Quote
My T was 990 when that post was written.
I have been off t for a month now, my T in now 234 and e is 5.0.  Doc wants me to do cream for a month and check how I do with that.  I just want to go back to injection of .7 per week and start e- blocker.  Feeling like a guinea pig
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#16]

I have been off t for a month now, my T in now 234 and e is 5.0.  Doc wants me to do cream for a month and check how I do with that.  I just want to go back to injection of .7 per week and start e- blocker.  Feeling like a guinea pig
View Quote
WTF why? That's some dumb shit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View All Quotes

Tell me about it!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

Anastrozle allows estrogen to still flow through the blood stream while letro kills it. I used letro to get
View Quote
Yeah just did some reading.  Per what I have seen the original doc should have reduced the dosage a good bit.  Oh well, I'll come back up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Yeah just did some reading.  Per what I have seen the original doc should have reduced the dosage a good bit.  Oh well, I'll come back up.
View Quote
Yea it will come back up but it will take some time. I don't know what happened to my OP but...

I used letro to kill some adolescent gyno. When you star getting lower in body fat, it shows so about a month of an aggressive letro dose it disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]
OK so I got my first set of labs at six weeks in on 100mg/week. results are at a 7 day trough.

TT-595, HCT-44, E2- 50! (on a non-sensitive test with a ref. range that goes to 68.) I told the nurse I wanted the sensitive, she said she'd make sure...

I'm not too worried about the E2 because I know the test is worthless/reads high, I feel great, no sides, I'm still getting some low-E2 symptoms in the troughs (joint pain) and libido/wood is sky high.

My doc is still not that knowledgeable but cooperative, she agreed to going to a 16mg/day SQ protocol to minimize E2/maximize the test levels I can run without sides (I really don't want to use an AI unless I have to after being crashed for so long), add hcg when I feel like I need it, and run a sensitive male E2 assay next labs.

I lost 12 lbs and added a plate to my squat over the six weeks.

Overall I'm pretty happy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:
OK so I got my first set of labs at six weeks in on 100mg/week. results are at a 7 day trough.

TT-595, HCT-44, E2- 50! (on a non-sensitive test with a ref. range that goes to 68.) I told the nurse I wanted the sensitive, she said she'd make sure...

I'm not too worried about the E2 because I know the test is worthless/reads high, I feel great, no sides, I'm still getting some low-E2 symptoms in the troughs (joint pain) and libido/wood is sky high.

My doc is still not that knowledgeable but cooperative, she agreed to going to a 16mg/day SQ protocol to minimize E2/maximize the test levels I can run without sides (I really don't want to use an AI unless I have to after being crashed for so long), add hcg when I feel like I need it, and run a sensitive male E2 assay next labs.

I lost 12 lbs and added a plate to my squat over the six weeks.

Overall I'm pretty happy.
View Quote
That's not bad at all. I'd keep any eye on the E2. It took a while to stabilize for me. like a year or so.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K2QB3] [#22]
Originally Posted By BASE:

That's not bad at all. I'd keep any eye on the E2. It took a while to stabilize for me. like a year or so.
View Quote
Yeah I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get a reliable read on that, but I read a whole thread of people who had the standard test read 100-1000% higher than the sensitive and it got the doc on board with the protocol I wanted to use. If the numbers had been spot on I don't think she'd have been willing to change it, she started out wanting to do 200/2 weeks.

Lots of benefits to going steady state at this stage, should be easy to fine tune and find the sweet spot and I won't have to worry about lab timing. If my E2 is high eliminating the peaks should help. I'll pay for the better test in six weeks or if I have any symptoms.

ETA-aaand my pharmacy just called to tell me my anastrozole prescription is ready, guess she consulted someone else in the office. Guess I'll cut one into quarters for science.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Got my initial labs back from the new doc:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm currently doing 100mg/wk, split into 2 shots spaced 3.5 days apart. This blood was taken 24hrs after a shot.

Any thoughts? Aside from telling me to drink less and spend more time in the sun
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Xyster7212:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/labs1-212072.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/labs2-212073.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/labs3-212074.JPG

I'm currently doing 100mg/wk, split into 2 shots spaced 3.5 days apart. This blood was taken 24hrs after a shot.

Any thoughts? Aside from telling me to drink less and spend more time in the sun
View Quote
I'd start giving blood/ lower my dose if it was me.  HCT might get away from you.  But I've had a terrible time with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JoeyIsaacs:
So here is mine...
Testosterone = 123 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free = 2.46 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free Pct = 2.00 %

Run down... Tired...  No drive...  UGH!  Feel exhausted all the time.

Doc prescribed Axiron for this after the test results.  Went to Kroger to pick up the prescription and was told that it had to have a prior authorization from the insurance.  Just got a denial letter from insurance that said to try Androgel 1.62 first.

Damn insurance companies...  They know better than the doc.
View Quote
Have you tried good rx yet?  They got my prices low enough to not need to use insurance.  Not for everything but it's worth a check.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By killswitch:

I'd start giving blood/ lower my dose if it was me.  HCT might get away from you.  But I've had a terrible time with it.
View Quote
I'll down around 700 at the end of the 3.5 day cycle, according to previous labs.  

Yeah, I'd like that HCT to be a bit lower. This is my results for the past few years:
Attachment Attached File

I donated blood this past March, between the last graph data point and the new results above. It didn't seem to have much effect.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll down around 700 at the end of the 3.5 day cycle, according to previous labs.  

Yeah, I'd like that HCT to be a bit lower. This is my results for the past few years:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/hct-212101.JPG

I donated blood this past March, between the last graph data point and the new results above. It didn't seem to have much effect.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/hct-212101.JPG

Ok then sounds like you are on it.  I like giving the double RBC's, but twice as often as they'd like.  So that's the issue.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Ok then sounds like you are on it.  I like giving the double RBC's, but twice as often as they'd like.  So that's the issue.
View Quote
I just looked up the "Power Red" double RBC donation - I think I'll do that next time. Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/labs1-212072.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/labs2-212073.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105576/labs3-212074.JPG

View Quote
Looks good to me. But I'm no Dr.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Looks good to me. But I'm no Dr.
View Quote
That's part of the problem: the labs look pretty good, but I feel like sleepy shit. I'm sitting down the my new doc next Friday to go through all these results and settle on a plan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#31]
While on TRT is there any benefit to also taking Clomid?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
View Quote
It will keep your balls working and prevent atrophy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ARH:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARH:
You are thinking of HCG.  Clomid won't do any of that or anything at all if you are taking testosterone.  Clomid breaks a negative feedback loop if you aren't taking T and it ramps your natural production of hormones into over drive.  T pretty much shuts down all natural production and sends a stronger signal then clomid does. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#34]
So then Clomid and TRT together could cause problems.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I just looked up the "Power Red" double RBC donation - I think I'll do that next time. Thanks for the tip!
View All Quotes

Not every place will take all blood types for double RBC donations.  Usually the bigger liberal areas will do it though.  Ive had a few try to get me to do something else but eventually they usually go for it because they have quotas to meet every day.  It takes a little longer but no big deal.  And it makes your lips a bit numb, which is freaky but seems ok.  The worst part is they dont want you back for 4 months. So if you have a few different places who dont talk to each other you might be able to rotate through them.  Or do your home phlebotemy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:
Give it a try for a couple weeks, in a pinch, you might leave your luggage instead of the CPAP.

Heavenly.

LINK
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:

No I wouldn't say it is.  But I'm traveling around the world for a year so can't really be dragging a cpap.  
Give it a try for a couple weeks, in a pinch, you might leave your luggage instead of the CPAP.

Heavenly.

LINK
Ok, ordered. Not sure how it will all work out but I Guess I'll find out won't I.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#37]
What's the normal ..... What is the avg usual injection protocol for HCG? How long does it last in your body before redose?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#38]
So then Clomid and TRT together could cause problems.
View Quote
I tried them together years ago.  I didn't notice any problems.  The testosterone signal is strong that it stops most of clomids effects.  The only aspect that would exist is the estrogen receptor blocker.  So your E levels in your labs might show up as elevated but the level the body can use would be suppressed.  

I've also tried HCG with clomid, after I hit a peak level and it settled down.  That would have been at least a year if not 2 years into using clomid.  That gave me up to a 100 point increase in my T level.  However, the feedback loop is still in play at some level even though clomid disrupts it. Increasing the output signal could ultimate cause the input signal to become lower.  So I never used HCG long term.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#39]
What's the normal ..... What is the avg usual injection protocol for HCG? How long does it last in your body before redose?
View Quote
A study I read on HCG plus testosterone for fertility said at 250iu 3x a week there was a slight (7%) decrease in fertility and with 500iu 3x a week there was something like a 12% increase.  That tellls me that type of dosing is adequate.  I personally use 500iu 4x a week.  Too high and it can burn out the cells.  Constantly taking over 2,500 a week is not recommended.

I notice an effect from it in 4 hours.  It has a short half life (a day or less I believe) but seems to have a residual effect as studies are reporting a testosterone increase on day 3.  It goes up day 1, drops day 2, then goes back up some day 3.  I would start with 250iu 3x a week and see how it works.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#40]

Ok, ordered. Not sure how it will all work out but I Guess I'll find out won't I.
View Quote
It'll take a week or two to get used to. I use a full face mask cause I always resort back to breathign through my mouth.

Now it's like Pavlovian. Strap on the mask, deeeeep breath, sloooowww exhale. Fuckin dream time. Comatose until alarm. And sometimes an hour after.

I got a nice stiff pillow so I can sleep on my side without the smoosh of the pillow pushing my mask off.

Won't sleep without it now.

Ask questions!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#41]
You are thinking of HCG.  Clomid won't do any of that or anything at all if you are taking testosterone.  Clomid breaks a negative feedback loop if you aren't taking T and it ramps your natural production of hormones into over drive.  T pretty much shuts down all natural production and sends a stronger signal then clomid does. 
View Quote
SWIRE IS OUR RESIDENT EXPERT ON Clomid
If he says it it's true
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#42]
At the Dr now. Waiting to talk about my lab results. All I know was that my T level was a 314. I really don't know shit about this so hope he does!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess my lab wasn't a full lab screen so I am going back for a full screen. DR is willing to do a T shot and just see how I feel over the next week and get back with him once we get lab results.

Any comments on that?

34 6'2 225lbs about a 35" waist so I could stand to lose a 15lbs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#44]
Originally Posted By Huskercoop:
I guess my lab wasn't a full lab screen so I am going back for a full screen. DR is willing to do a T shot and just see how I feel over the next week and get back with him once we get lab results.

Any comments on that?

34 6'2 225lbs about a 35" waist so I could stand to lose a 15lbs.
View Quote
It takes awhile for T to kick in. So you probably won't feel any diffrence in just a week. And how much did he give you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#45]
200mg. I didn't get to the point of asking if he would let me self inject either. He did ask about if I was worried about having more kids. I have three boys and I am done! So not a big deal. So if you go on T it's a lifelong commitment? Is that correct. And should I mention clomid at all?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#46]
200mg. I didn't get to the point of asking if he would let me self inject either. He did ask about if I was worried about having more kids. I have three boys and I am done! So not a big deal. So if you go on T it's a lifelong commitment? Is that correct. And should I mention clomid at all?
View Quote
200 mg is going to shut your natural production down for sure. I hope he didn't just give you that one shot and then he is going to let you crash.

Yes it's life long. Unless you want to feel like shit again.

Clomid made me feel weird. It works for some people. I didn't like the side effect that said it could cause blindness.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
If you have low T, that is a life long problem and some type of treatment goes with it.  You can start testosterone injections and then stop but the problem will continue.  There is a tiny chance that clomid might kickstart your natural production and you will be "normal" afterwards.  If you are curious as to what is going on with your own body then I highly recommend you have a clomid trial, just so you have more information to go on.   You would want that before any T injection.  You can add HCG with the T injections and that pretty much gives you the best of everything, including maintaining fertility.  Studies have shown T plus HCG work to do that, my own labs show that, and someone else here recently posted that he is having a kid and was on that treatment.

Clomid is the easiest and cheapest treatment options but the side effects will eventually get to you.  I made it about 4 years on it before I had enough and switched to T plus HCG.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the replies. Any Tulsa area Dr's to recommend if I need to switch?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Clomid is the easiest and cheapest treatment options but the side effects will eventually get to you.  I made it about 4 years on it before I had enough and switched to T plus HCG.
View Quote
What side effects caused you to discontinue clomid, and how bad did they get?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By stanc:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stanc:
Clomid is an estrogen blocker but it only blocks the body from using it, meaning it builds up in your blood stream.  Even though the traditional estrogen receptors can't use it the body some how still sees it.  The science on the negative feedback loop isn't complete, otherwise clomid with testosterone should keep natural production going but it doesn't.  Estrogen drives the negative feedback loop and even though the receptors are blocked it is still "seen" when supplemental T is involved.  Just like HCG mimics LH, which products testosterone, yet sperm count increases even though no additional FSH was provided.

High E and low E will cause ED issues.  High E will cause mood swings and increase emotions.  Even though you might have a decent T level, you can still have ED issues and get emotional.  Maybe the clomid decreases drive or maybe experiencing those things all the time just causes drive to go away, I'm not sure, but the loss of interest was real.  Over the years clomid seemed to become less effective.  A higher dose just brought on higher side effects.  

As bad as all that was/seemed, it still was better than what I experienced with Low T and no treatment.  When I made the switch I went a month with no treatment.  Everything I described above continued but then I also become tired, depressed, lost all motivation, and was just going through the motions of daily life.  i had stuck with clomid mainly for fertility reasons but put that concern on hold when I made the switch.  I then did a lab about 6 months into T and HCG and found that combination did maintain my fertility.

T injection twice a week plus HCG is the most controllable and stable option.  It isn't the easiest and cheapest but you will feel the best and can adjust the dose/results easily.  Clomid is basically a take 50mg daily and you get what you get treatment.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 397
Top Top