Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2002 4:35:27 AM EDT
I couldn't take another Dick Clark's Rockin New Year so I paid my money and watched the 6 hour compilation of all the great 'Ultimate Fighting Championship' fights last nite. I got through 4 hours of it, couldn't stay awake long enough to see the end.

Anyway if you get a chance you need to watch these guys fight sometime. Its pretty much no holds barred. About the only things I didn't see were biting, gouging, and kicking your opponent in the head when he's down. Its all there kicking, punching, body slams, choking holds, hyper-entending limbs, covering your opponents mouth so he can't breathe.

The most painful looking hit to me was coming down hard on your opponent's face with your elbow while you have him pinned to the floor.

OUCH!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The new rules for the UFC make it a bit more docile compared to the first 4.  Personally, for me, watching the punches to the groin had cringing, and let's not forget the Sumo guy who got his teeth knocked out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I forgot about the goin punches...OWWWWWWWCH!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top