Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2008 4:19:46 PM EDT

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/politics/Campaign_shoots_to_pass_open_carry_law#13492950-4

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Signed quite a while ago
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Like a retard + drum set
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
hitted it
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Open carry is silly.  You give away your advantage.  Gang sees your gun, grabs your gun, has fun with your family.   Gang sees your gun, blows you away first, has fun with your family.  Cop sees your gun, gets attitude, you in a heap o trouble, boy.  Friends and neighbors see your gun, think you're an idiot.  Boss sees you on the street, you're fired next day at work.  Potential girlfriends see your gun, think you're dangerous, no date, amigo.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Open carry is silly.  You give away your advantage.  Gang sees your gun, grabs your gun, has fun with your family.   Gang sees your gun, blows you away first, has fun with your family.  Cop sees your gun, gets attitude, you in a heap o trouble, boy.  Friends and neighbors see your gun, think you're an idiot.  Boss sees you on the street, you're fired next day at work.  Potential girlfriends see your gun, think you're dangerous, no date, amigo.

Then don't do it.  But don't make others illegal because it ain't your bag.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you think Texas lawmakers should pass an open-carry law?
Yes
96%
No
3%

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't like it?  Don't do it.  Who the hell are YOU to say OTHERS can't do it?  Let them carry their own way; it's not for you to decide how I or anybody else chooses to carry a gun.  CCW is much slower than open carry.  You sacrifice either speed, or concealment.  It's a trade-off either way.

That said, please point to me ONE DOCUMENTED CASE wherein some guy was shot first during a crime because he was OC, and he WASN'T a police officer.  And in Indiana, cop sees my gun, no sweat, no heap o' trouble, boy; it's legal here.  Friends and neighbors?  Nobody cares, and if they do, fuck 'em, they're not my friends.  Boss carries a gun, too.  Wife carries a gun, too.

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes
96%
No
3%

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Hit

BTT
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah you're right.  

"the right to keep and bare arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

That is silly, what was I thinking?

If more folks OC'ed, we wouldn't have the issues to deal with that you tried to point to.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes 96%
No    3%
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
hit

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Complied with.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Open carry is silly.

Your preferred flavor of freedom may not be the same as someone else's, but please don't deny their choice.

I voted to support the choice to open carry.

I voted for freedom.

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes
96%
No
3%
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Your post is silly.
Gang sees gun grabs it blah! blah! blah!...Someone needs to work on their situational awarness.

Gang sees your gun, blows you away first blah! blah! blah!...Find me 3 cases where this has happened. Find me 1.

Cop sees your gun, attitude, yadda yadda yadda...Every cop I know in TX is pro 2A. But whatever, cop stops you, show your CHL.

Friends and neighbors see your gun think you're an idiot...You either have stupid friend, or they dislike you over something else. Who gives a fuck what your neighbor thinks? If you think it'll make them THAT uncomfortable, conceal it when you go out w/ friends.

Boss sees you gibberish...lawyer

Girlfriend something something...why would you date an Anti?

If you don't like open carry, don't do it. But if you support the 2A, then you should support the passing of this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post is silly.
Gang sees gun grabs it blah! blah! blah!...Someone needs to work on their situational awarness.

Gang sees your gun, blows you away first blah! blah! blah!...Find me 3 cases where this has happened. Find me 1.

Cop sees your gun, attitude, yadda yadda yadda...Every cop I know in TX is pro 2A. But whatever, cop stops you, show your CHL.

Friends and neighbors see your gun think you're an idiot...You either have stupid friend, or they dislike you over something else. Who gives a fuck what your neighbor thinks? If you think it'll make them THAT uncomfortable, conceal it when you go out w/ friends.

If you don't like open carry, don't do it. But if you support the 2A, then you should support the passing of this.

The guy's a libtard troll, don't even bother with him.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Hit it I did.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post is silly.

I gotta do something to raise that post count.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post is silly.

I gotta do something to raise that post count.

Huh? I wasn't posting about you, silly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Hit it 97-2
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Done!
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey I hope y'all are also following the link to sign the online petition. I 'm number 35,367.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#25]
98% pro-freedom patriots, 2% anti-freedom shitheads.

Good ratio.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Done.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
98% pro-freedom patriots, 2% anti-freedom shitheads.

Good ratio.

I wish they would show the number of voters.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#28]
done.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Always thought it was weird that you couldn't open carry in Texas.  Wish I could here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#30]
97%
2%
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#31]
the only problem with open carrying is that people around you WILL act funny and you will automatically become the boss in shitty situations.

I keep my badge hidden off duty becuase i dont want to get stuck for 10 minutes in front of the movie theater listening to how much of an evil bitch somebodys ex wife is and giving them advice on how to win them back in family court. I dont want to listen to some idiot tell me about how a cop pulled him over for no reason and arrested him for the 2 pounds of marijuana in a duffle bag that wasnt his and give him advice on how to beat the case. I dont want to answer a bunch of stupid questions like " no its not a glock, its an HK USP .45. no you cant hold it."

OC'ing just draws you extra attention. Im not against it, i support peoples right to do it. But you wouldnt catch me dead with my gun hanging out in public. Its not worth the trouble.

Wait I take that back, it would be worth it to be able to open carry a medium sized gun with a tac light in an outside the pants holster. Its really uncomfortable to cram all that in your pants. So yeah i might open carry in the winter with a coat, but i could open carry now if i wanted to and i still dont.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Hit
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I hit it
97%
2%
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hit it
97%
2%

+1
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Hit.

Us  97%

Them 2%

I do not know where the other 1% went.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm there.

Texas is behind the times on gun rights. Open carry has been legal in Arizona and other states for a long time. No reason why the rest of us shouldn't have that option.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#37]
This poll just got nuked.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I do not know where the other 1% went.

It got redistributed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#39]
God I hope they pass this law.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: Potential girlfriends see your gun, think you're dangerous, no date, amigo.

Any girl that won't date me because I carry a gun just saved me a ton of time and money, bro.

But this is completely beside the point because I live in Texas. If a "potential girlfriend" sees my handgun, she'll wanna know if it's an XD9 or XD45, and inquire as to the make of my gunleather, not diss me because I carry. Grow a set, buy an XD45 and move to Texas where you can find a real woman, not some feminist lib who hates being with a man who will to protect her.

Hit the poll quite some time ago.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#41]
HIT...

Yes
96%
No
3%

Although I personally prefer concealed carry, I'm not against others open carrying if they so choose.

Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Local news mentioned this last night.

Link Posted: 12/2/2008 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#43]
NYers for Texans!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top