Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2001 8:30:47 PM EDT
Hi,

I'm trying to put together a rig for 3-gun.  So do you guys recommend Blackhawk or Eagle?  Right now I'm leaning towards Blackhawk because they have accomodations for .308 mags and seem to have more products.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Victoria's Secret makes some great nylons. . . .
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
There is alot of good gear to use that might not be as common as some of the brnads that you listed. Without knowing what weapon systems you are preferring (I have an idea based on your post) I can't make recommendations as easily; but I really like the gear from other companies like SOE, HSGI, or Tactical Tailor -- even for .308 magazines.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had great luck with eagle and SOE but I hate my blackhawk gear when comparing it against eagle and soe. For nearly the same price the blackhawk pales in comparison to the others.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi,

What's HSGI's web site?  Is this High Speed?  I wasn't able to get any hits when I searched for them.

Thanks for the advice, keep it coming, the Internet is a great thing, thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Tactical Nylon recommendations?

Hmmm.....

Crotchless comes to mind......
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Blackhawk and Eagle gear is practically identical, they both copy each others designs. They prices are the same to. The big difference is Eagle grear is American Made. Blackhawk gear is made in Korea & Mexico.

If the quality and price is the same, I'll buy the US made product everytime.

BTW: the initial order to become a Eagle "dealer" is only a few hundred dollars. So you may want to become a "dealer" to save some money.

From the 2000 Dealer price list:

Discreet Case (CAR-15)
Dealer $59.37
List $98.95

Drag Bag
Dealer $160.75
List $267.92

SAS Holster
Dealer $35.97
List $59.95

Tac vest
Dealer $89.97
List $149.95

As you can see the markup on these things is quite high.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
ar15fan, (this is not a flame) even though the blackhawk and eagle products are the same price, they are worlds apart in design and quality. I've used both, have you?

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ar15fan, (this is not a flame) even though the blackhawk and eagle products are the same price, they are worlds apart in design and quality. I've used both, have you?
View Quote

Hi IdahoAR15 guy, could you please let me know what you think?  Which one do you honestly feel is better?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my eagle SAS thigh holster, very comfortable and doesn't flop around while running. I hate my blackhawk special ops holster, seams pulling loose, doesn't stay positioned on the leg if running. Try to find a local shop that carries both and compare the quality. You will be amazed.
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I've used both and will not buy Blackhawk again. I still buy Eagle and Tactical Tailor. Others have already explained why, and they hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've used both, have you?

idaho-ar15
View Quote

Yes, I've given a small fortune to both companies.

I prefer the Blackhawk "patrol pack" to the Eagle "becker" that they stole the design from.
I have had both Eagle and Blackhawk vests, sold the eagle, kept the Blackhawk.

However I really like the new Eagle Recon Buttpack, and I prefer Eagles LW canteen cover to anything BH makes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top