Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2008 5:28:27 AM EDT
I was not sure where else to put this, Mods please advise or move to the correct section.

Just curious but Mike from MD Arms has taken alot of money from people and the delivery/ship date keeps getting pushed back. On the Saiga 12 forum forum.Saiga-12.com everytime you say something against Mike the thread gets shutdown by one of his "friends" yet Mike is a no show... can anyone chime in pro or con to this.. Please help spread the word.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The first rule about MD Drums is that you don't talk about MD Drums...

Yeah, I have been bitch slapped over there for having the gall to ask about a shipping date.

Mike's problem is that his mouth keeps making promises his ass can't keep.  I know he has had issues with molds and the company doing the molding.

Last word was that the pouring started on 7/16.

I am hoping for a tracking number soon.

ETA: Russian AK Forum: www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=4&f=80
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont see why we can just get some damn good company's to make this stuff for us.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in on the initial pre order, which had to be at least a year ago.  I cancelled several months ago and promptly got a refund.

To be fair, he's always been very prompt responding to any inquiries I had, and even offered to give me the pre-order price if I decided I wanted to re-order later.

Can't complain.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I dont see why we can just get some damn good company's to make this stuff for us.

Mike has a defense contractor doing the shells.  Which should indicate good quality, but we have to wait behind various .gov contracts.

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
The 7/16 date came from Tony who talked to him at some point but is not from MD.  It should not take that long to squirt ~1000 pieces.  It would take longer to setup the molds most likely.  When Mike gave a date of end of June first of July I knew it was not realistic.  At that point he did not even start the injections and setting up a shipping operation for ~1000 customers is not easy for a one man shop.  If the 7/16 date is right he should have had the drums with in a few days, if the injection shop was local, at which point you would think he would post pictures to increase interest for his next run and to put down the mutiny over at saiga12.

They have always been belligerent over at saiga12; remember how they treated people who even talked about drums before Mike started trolling for customers.

Mike was always good about updates until just after the beta test run was sent out.  This seems to happen a lot with start ups when they get in over there head.  I don't think this is going to turn into the shirke fiasco but there is the possibility that something went very bad in his personal life or with the molds.  With nothing being said and no pictures of drum bodies and piles of shipping boxes one would have to think something went wrong at this point.

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Jeez those thing still aren't ready to ship Im glad I gave up wanting a couple of them. Kinda reminds me of the first time I saw a Shrike ad in shotgun news.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Issue here is that he has taken a ton of money and cant show his face and say you know what screw you guys. Its kinda like a mob shake down. WTF is that about. Then you have COBRA 76 TWO ( a GOD MOD) that is covering for Mike as if he was his mother. I just had my posting privilages banned for a couple of days with a reply that says ADIOS AMIGO WTF is wrong with this balles idiot. figure how much money Mike has, on the Saiga forum they estimate $250,000 beans and I dotn care what happened to you in your personal life or with the molds when you have an issue just ocme out and say Hey guys please bear with me since I have had something go wrong etc etc not hide and run... HOW CAN WE HELP SPREAD THIS to as many Forums out their as possible. It is very dissapointing that situations like this occur cause it leaves a sour taste in peoples mouth and when someone that can come up with something good people wont trust them fearing this situation. Again PLEASE help spread this...
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats a problem with that forum, long time ago when the fbmg mags came out and were having problems, don't try and complain on there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#9]
If I collected $250k I would pay off the house and string you guys along...What drums?
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Hes so dumb because of his drums and new accessories for the Saiga 12 they cant keep these guns on order. This is a money pit and Mike is here blowing it all away...
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Tony is now saying that Mike has run 120 drum bodies and is switching out the molds to run some of the smaller parts.  Looks like he is still testing out the molds to me.  From my calculations it should take less than 10 seconds per drum body.  It does not make sense to change out molds after only 120 unless there are some issues he is fixing (which is a good thing).
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Ethics: Don't take peoples money to finance your operation interest free.

Anyone want to buy Shrike Futures?
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]
meh...........Mike stated from the get go that this project was going to be long and hard.

Up until recently his communication to his customers and on the S12 forum was excellent, but too many folks that have never been involved in an endevor such as this kept asking the same damn questions, even though the info was posted on the S12 forum. So Mike just started ignoring the BS and is quietly trying to get the drum to the buyers.

I have got one ordered, and I have the patience to wait on it.

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got an update email from MD a few minutes ago.  It shouldn't be long now!

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]
That is weird, I was about to request a refund this morning on both my MD Arms drums and my BOHICA .50bmg upper.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Haha, maybe next time you douche.

Link Posted: 7/26/2008 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hes so dumb because of his drums and new accessories for the Saiga 12 they cant keep these guns on order.

English please..wtf?

Looks like waiting on a drum is no longer a worry for you!
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hes so dumb because of his drums and new accessories for the Saiga 12 they cant keep these guns on order.

English please..wtf?

Looks like waiting on a drum is no longer a worry for you!

I seen that too, franks71vw should have kept his mouth shut, now he gets NO drums.

Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Bigcraig,

hey it is what it is I rocked the boat and paid the price, hopefully you all will enjoy your drums...Big Risk big rewards or big Losses. Thing is that I am not the only one here with the same concerns. Or did i create different accounts and thus I am the only one writing in these threads.... as i have been accused. Mods themselves stated that they couldnt get ahold of Mike... Now because of this situation, pictures where posted and emails were sent out well my order is canceled my loss oh well... I also never stated that I would not wait again COMMUNICATION is all I have been asking for but thats to hard I guess...
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bigcraig,

hey it is what it is I rocked the boat and paid the price, hopefully you all will enjoy your drums...Big Risk big rewards or big Losses. Thing is that I am not the only one here with the same concerns. Or did i create different accounts and thus I am the only one writing in these threads.... as i have been accused. Mods themselves stated that they couldnt get ahold of Mike... Now because of this situation, pictures where posted and emails were sent out well my order is canceled my loss oh well... I also never stated that I would not wait again COMMUNICATION is all I have been asking for but thats to hard I guess...

And again, you completely screwed yourself by NOT reading.

Not a week before your post, Tony Rumore of Tromix had spoken to MD. Tony posted on the S12forum that the drums would be "injected" on 7/16 or 7/17. If you had bothered at all to read the S12 forum you have have had all the answers that you needed.

People fail to realize that MD wasn't even in the gun parts biz when he took on this endeavor, he started from scratch. If this were MagPul this project may have been turned out a bit quicker, but I bet not by much.

I also suggest you stay away from buying any NFA items, has the wait time involved can be lengthy, which can be very trying for those with no patience.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Bigcraig,

yeah i know NFa items thanks for the suggestion have them already....
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I received a few minutes ago an email from Mike stating that he was a one man band and that as soon as money frees up he will be hiring 2 more people 1 specifically to do emails and phone calls. He also stated that he was thin skinned and that he was sorry for what happened and thus reinstated my order. So at the end, the situation was fixed between us all in a manly manner thus the reason why I am posting here.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Any word on getting the molds back from being hard chromed or running the smaller parts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top