Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2008 12:51:41 PM EDT

I wish the source was better...

link
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I see 'love_child' in the link and am guessing it's not legit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, National Enquirer is a great news source
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
National Enquirer huh?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I said I wish it was a better source.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

better than NYT
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet its true, lots of people have been talking about this. The Enquirer has actually broken some legit stories in the past.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]
F him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Cut Edwards some slack, he's Barry's potential VP
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Perfect fit.... because Obama is going to F$%k us.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope he gets busted with a mistER instead.

Bonus points if it's Chuck Schumer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]
lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bet its true, lots of people have been talking about this. The Enquirer has actually broken some legit stories in the past.

If it wasn't for the Enquirer Jesse Jackson would have been able to keep his bastard a secret.  The mainstream media took several days AFTER the Enquirer published to <very grudgingly> get on board.  The country is a strange place when we have to look to tabloids for facts.  

The Men In Black do it all the time
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
National Enquirer huh?

Actually, they have been spot on many times.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
National Enquirer huh?

Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Enquirer#Noted_stories_and_lawsuits

For a time the Enquirer sought recognition for journalistic research and news scoops. In 2001, the Enquirer uncovered that the Rev. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child. Salacious details of the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky affair were first made public by the Enquirer. The Enquirer was regarded by some as having the best media coverage of the O.J. Simpson murder trial. For example, when a distinctive footprint from a Bruno Magli shoe was found at the crime scene, Simpson vehemently denied owning such a shoe. The Enquirer, however, dug up a photograph of him with just such a pair.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hope he gets busted with a mistER instead.

Phhtttttt.....  That would make him a real contender in the democrat party again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Not any more.  

If he was in play for VP and this is true, and he was keeping it from them, then it disqualifies him.  To hide something like that to get blindsided later is not a good measure of the morality and ethics we need in the #2 man.

If he had told them and they were stupid enough to think they could keep it under wraps then all of them are disqualified for stupidity to begin with.

There's enough smoke around that even if there isn't a smoking gun I would hope that Edwards was smart enough to let them know and they have checked it out.  Clearly he has been involved with some degree of subterfuge here.

I would hope that JE has told BHO and they are not publicizing and going on to somebody else.  That would be the honorable thing to do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Attorney General has already been promised to the Ambulance Chaser.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Edwards is a master trial lawyer who knows how to win big in the courtroom.  So why isn't he suing the NE for libel?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would sacrifice many farm animals if the gods decided to smite Chuckie

Id totally sacrifice a penguin.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Edwards is a master trial lawyer who knows how to win big in the courtroom.  So why isn't he suing the NE for libel?

Because he is guiltier than a thousand OJ's
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

better than NYT

+1

And I have to add the obligatory, "THAT'S A MAN, BABY! YEAH!"
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Drudge posted a link to the Enquirer's story.  

It won't be long now.

Hey Johnny Boy, it sucks to be you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
National Enquirer huh?

Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Enquirer#Noted_stories_and_lawsuits

For a time the Enquirer sought recognition for journalistic research and news scoops. In 2001, the Enquirer uncovered that the Rev. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child. Salacious details of the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky affair were first made public by the Enquirer. The Enquirer was regarded by some as having the best media coverage of the O.J. Simpson murder trial. For example, when a distinctive footprint from a Bruno Magli shoe was found at the crime scene, Simpson vehemently denied owning such a shoe. The Enquirer, however, dug up a photograph of him with just such a pair.

Yup.  NE has a damn good fact-checking division.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#30]
This surfaced about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This surfaced about 6 months ago.

+1

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I think she needs to see HIS barber..
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#33]
She's oogly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I wish it was a source - period.  The National Enquirer is just manure - plain and simple.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I wish it was a source - period.  The National Enquirer is just manure - plain and simple.

It was a righteous bust by the Enquirer. They got him in a hotel at 2 AM with the woman, registered under another name. They've got him dead to rights.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They might be manure, but if they got their facts wrong on juicy stories like this they would be bankrupt many times over.

I would have to say it is exactly like the story states.  Of course, the pictures are not going to be very flattering and the story will be written for 10 year old gossips.  But it will be 100% factual.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone who busts out Jesse Jackson, Bill Clinton and John Edwards is OK in my book.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

better than NYT

[MIB] Best Damn Investigative Journalism on the Planet [/MIB]  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:08:37 AM EDT
[#39]
What do you want to bet if the NE did a story like this with the same evidence about a big Republican the networks would be all over it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:30:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Manure that has never lost a slander suit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#41]
I recall hearing that Mr Edwards and Mrs Edwards traveled on separate planes during his campaigning.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

Sam Nunn will be Obama's VP pick, IMHO. He'll bring a shit-load of experience & credibility to the ticket...kinda like Cheney did to Bush. This move will help attract some more centrist/conservative Dems & Independents to BHO.

Methinks BHO will likely be elected POTUS this November unless the Repubs can dig up some SERIOUS dirt on him...McCain's campaign is looking more & more inept every day.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

Sam Nunn will be Obama's VP pick, IMHO. He'll bring a shit-load of experience & credibility to the ticket...kinda like Cheney did to Bush. This move will help attract some more centrist/conservative Dems & Independents to BHO.

Methinks BHO will likely be elected POTUS this November unless the Repubs can dig up some SERIOUS dirt on him...McCain's campaign is looking more & more inept every day.

I suspect you're right.  

I questioned a Democrat Party operative who was in a position to know about why Edwards wasn't raising more money during the primary.  The answer I got was less than satisfactory and led me to believe there was a problem there.  My assumption was that the problem with his wife was her cancer treatments.  It would seem that he made that tragedy even worse, kind of like some other politicians we know.  Oh well, at least he's out of office.  They'll never learn.

J.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

better than NYT

[MIB] Best Damn Investigative Journalism on the Planet [/MIB]  

BIGGER_HAMMER

The National Enquirer is about the only remaining investigative newspaper that is left.

All the others just relay any information given to them by the news makers.  That is with the exception of that piece of trash NYT which only gives out information from the libtards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#46]
The National Enquirer is a rag but don't mix them up with the rags that have alien wolfman babies on the cover.

They take their investigative journalism  seriously, (even if the topics aren't serious) to keep from getting sued.

Stories don't make it in until they have been vetted. Sure they're dumb Brittny Spears stories and such but movie stars can afford very good lawyers and they proceed cautiously.

Don't mistake me for a fan or a reader but if it's in the NE , it's been proven.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Edwards should be more concerned about his wife and her terminal cancer (iirc, she's not expected to survive two years) than mistresses, Breck girl haircuts or political office.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The National Enquirer is a rag but don't mix them up with the rags that have alien wolfman babies on the cover.

They take their investigative journalism  seriously, (even if the topics aren't serious) to keep from getting sued.

Stories don't make it in until they have been vetted. Sure they're dumb Brittny Spears stories and such but movie stars can afford very good lawyers and they proceed cautiously.

Don't mistake me for a fan or a reader but if it's in the NE , it's been proven.

Come on admit it.

You are really one of those enquiring minds kind of guys aren't you?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

If Obama picks Sam Nunn for VP, his hard core liberal base will have a meltdown.  At the same time, a lot of independents will be reassured about an Obama election.  No matter how you slice it, Sam Nunn on the ticket is more bad news for McCain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top