Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, after watching the whole thing I'm gonna have to say that the outcome was much better that I feared during the first 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It's on again and I caught something I didn't hear the first time.  At the intro to the show, the narrator says something to the effect of the Founding Fathers "giving" us the right to own guns.  The Bill of Rights doesn't GIVE us anything.  It simply recognizes certain individual rights.

I also think it's funny that the lady thinks "gun culture" is/can be dangerous.  She teaches hip hop dancing.  Hip hop culture is one of the most dangerous things out there for a number of reasons.

Once again:  
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not going to comment on the show itself, but WTF is with the TV14 rating for violence?  Did anyone else see any violence?
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The show did a good job of showing the huge gulf of understanding between pro- and anti-gun people.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ah, the retards from Ceasefire.

That guy handled himself pretty well in that segment.

I agree, He handled himself respectfully and well.  I would have brought up the real reason for the second amendment

That's something they never exactly got to did they...........
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Kudos to Ken and his son.  They represented us well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag for link to download.  But not bit torrent, I cant figure that stuff out
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"whenever I hear a sound I think of someone being shot."

Good grief what a drama queen

Ah, I just kinda remembered where I heard similar lunacy.

It was quite awhile ago on one of the very first reality shows (maybe Real World) and they had some full blown nut peta freak vegetarian on the show. At one point they went to a luau. She was upset that their was nothing for her to eat, but she finally found some rice. About half way through the rice she found a small piece of pork and then realized that the rice was flavored with pork broth (and it seems a little bit of meat).

She completely freaked out and started crying. The others tried to calm her down but she was losing it. She actually said "I can hear the pigs soul crying out in pain"

It was fucking great.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched it tonight and all I can say is Pia may be a libtard but woah what a hottie. Mmmm.  I'd hit it HARD.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't really blame her for that one.  From what I understand, her only experiences with guns were in the context of crime and murder.  It's not surprising that these are the things she associates with gunshots.  What she needs to realize is that a hell of a lot of us have never killed anyone with a gun and associate them with target shooting, hunting trips, family trips to the shooting range, etc.; things that are very positive and enjoyable experiences for us.

Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't really blame her for that one.  From what I understand, her only experiences with guns were in the context of crime and murder.  It's not surprising that these are the things she associates with gunshots.  What she needs to realize is that a hell of a lot of us have never killed anyone with a gun and associate them with target shooting, hunting trips, family trips to the shooting range, etc.; things that are very positive and enjoyable experiences for us.

Isn't that pretty much her point at the end of the show?  She said she really had no idea about the non-violent uses of a gun, that there are many, and she has a lot of understanding for why people would enjoy those activities?

Dang, she was better at the end of the show than the beginning, and someone from our culture was shown to be a smart, responsible gun owner and parent.

So what if they got a couple of terms wrong here and there, or if there were errors that only an Arfcommer could catch.  It was a good show.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:12:28 AM EDT
[#12]
It was a better than I thought but not perfect by any means.  I liked that the showed that guns were more than hunting and focused on self-defense.  If they could have met a couple of other self-defense shooters it would have been even better.

My problems included bringing in Ceasefire and not hearing the counter arguments.  Second is the brush over that the questions on 4473 are already in the database.  The questions are only there to inform people of who are illegal to purchase guns and not "an honor system".  I also would have liked to hear more of our sides position and statistics.  

But overall it wasn't that bad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that pretty much her point at the end of the show?  She said she really had no idea about the non-violent uses of a gun, that there are many, and she has a lot of understanding for why people would enjoy those activities?

Dang, she was better at the end of the show than the beginning, and someone from our culture was shown to be a smart, responsible gun owner and parent.

So what if they got a couple of terms wrong here and there, or if there were errors that only an Arfcommer could catch.  It was a good show.

wow, maybe they should have sent her to remedial common sense school
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
She's hot. I dig the hair.

Pic of her please.... Missed the show.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:33:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody already posted a picture of her and the father & son on page 13.  But in case you skipped to the last page:

Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there is one a page back, she is ok, kinda chunky for a fitness instructor but she was pretty cute in some of the scenes on the show.

I thought they did a pretty good job and i was impressed with the way the marine kept calm while she was spouting off all of her nonsense.  In addition, the meeting with the guy that defended his family seemed to really have an impact on her.

all in all, to have her go from crying psychopath to actually grinning and enjoying shooting was pretty good, i would have liked to see what she was like when she got back home.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody already posted a picture of her and the father & son on page 13.  But in case you skipped to the last page:

multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/87b7d3211a_01lall1.jpg

The dad has a look of "what a crazy loon..."

The son has a look of " Oh yes...you WILL be mine MUUhaahahahah'...."
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She figured it out!!! The solution to gun control is to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys and protect our rights!

Fail.

She said "not take away their gun rights, but restrict them to the extent necessary..."

Never mentioned the 20000 gun laws ALREADY in place.  Fools.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Seriously, why can't we show a suburban gun nut?

There could be some real steriotype busting right there.

Bingo, Come to my house, no missing sheetrock and upholstery on all the furniture.  Plus My safe make his look a little limp.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She figured it out!!! The solution to gun control is to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys and protect our rights!

Fail.

She said "not take away their gun rights, but restrict them to the extent necessary..."

+1
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#21]
That woman has a psychological phobia about guns in general.  She said every gunshot made her think of somebody dying.  Props to her for shooting more, and showing some pleasant surprise that she was actually decent at it.

I laughed my ass off when she cried after shooting a shotgun.  I always laugh when I see somebody cry on TV though.  I think she thought she had just killed a kitten.

It really highlighted the left's view that law-abiding citizens must suffer undue regulation and restriction due to criminal's mis-use of guns.  In actuality, it does nothing to solve the problem of criminals using guns.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont think she was as far out as we were led to believe in the beginning.  I also have a suspicion the show was scripted.  The park bench discussion with the lady and the other two that showed up cause "guns kilt their childern" was over the top.  It was 3 on 1 and they gave him a chance to talk. I think 3 people that far on one side of the fence would have just yelled the entire time and cried, every peep he made would have been interrupted.  

Shennangans..

I did think she wasn't too shabby looking.  I like em with a little meat like that too
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Some of the articles that have been posted stated that she had met with the MI militia.  Yet, at no time during the airing did they mention a militia.  Overall, the show was pro-gun.  

We gotta remember that a lot of editing was done.  I would have liked to have seen them start her off on .22's until she was more comfortable.

I thought it was great when the tour guide at OSU mentioned the pistol and rifle teams.  They offer scholarships, something like that could entice the kid to go to college and get a degree.  Not that everyone should go to school, but, like a lot of kids that play ball in college, it opens up your horizens.

And YES we can carry on the campus of the University of Utah.  Also, no restriction on business, restaurants, etc...
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's so funny about Liberals is that since they have no self control, that everyone must have no self control as well and must be limited.

Excellent point. For more, read this article. The salient points:

<SNIP>

That was by far the best article I have read about the anti gun mind. Thanks for sharing it.

I also saw that the guy in the show did everything perfectly when he argued with the anti gun people.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's so funny about Liberals is that since they have no self control, that everyone must have no self control as well and must be limited.

Excellent point. For more, read this article. The salient points:

<SNIP>

That was by far the best article I have read about the anti gun mind. Thanks for sharing it.

I also saw that the guy in the show did everything perfectly when he argued with the anti gun people.

Whenever you hear an anti talking about guns, think "projection".  They think that others are as fucked up as they are.  They think that since they would kill someone for cutting them off in traffic if they had a gun, that is what every other "reasonable" person would do as well.

Whenever I hear someone say that if we make guns more available blood will run in the streets, I conclude that is a dangerous person full of rage.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw the show last night, the anti chick would get banged ( i'd hit it ) well the first half of the show was, meh. But she ended up not so much of anti 2nd. Good show better than what I expected.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I saw the show last night, the anti chick would get banged ( i'd hit it ) well the first half of the show was, meh. But she ended up not so much of anti 2nd. Good show better than what I expected.

+1.  I am just glad the show wasn't overly biased against us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Would you invite an anti-gunner into your home for a day/week/month if you knew it would convert them to be pro 2nd Amendment?
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Would you invite an anti-gunner into your home for a day/week/month if you knew it would convert them to be pro 2nd Amendment?

If I knew it would, yes.

If it didn't, I'd be pissed. I don't know if I could live with one for a month.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Redhead.  Hubba-hubba!  Heck yes I'd "admit" her to my home for a month, any redheaded woman is welcome at my house for as long as she cares to stay.  Just as long as my wife agrees.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's a link for those who havent seen it. Watch this account, the rest will probably be put up shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZmU0If_QrU
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  I am just glad the show wasn't overly biased against us.

Could have been worse, I guess.
I seriously doubt any anti watching it felt differently afterwards, though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#34]
It cracks me up when they allude to the notion of someone owning a gun legally MAY end in tragedy for someone, IE a friend, loved one, girl scout walking down the street, etc, but then call a gun owner "paranoid" because they "fear" being attacked....."Who's going to attack you?"

(edit) With the exception of the Ceasefire meeting, I was fairly impressed with the outcome.
Excellent job the man and his son did with this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#35]
The Ceasefire meeting was pure ambush.

Seriously, how do you have a debate with someone so emotional on any subject, let alone when the people are victims of trauma, and you know it's gonna be on TV and you need to not come off looking like an asshole.

If he would have said anything against what they were saying their emotions would have jumped and it would turn into a screaming match and despite what he actually said it would just be looked at as him being an uncaring asshole.

So he opted to say nothing, and any thinking person can see it was an ambush.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#36]
overall well done and worth watching id say. the anti said things in the beginning that showed her true ignorance, prejudice, and stereotyping that most of the antis i know convey.

overall the host family did a very good job of being patient and answering many questions from the anti in good form. i saw many op[orunities for pro firearm points to be made in some questions asked. however with the editing done who knows how much was said and done yet not aired on both sides.

the anti walked away with some fraction of experience in something she had claimed to be an expert in. i hope she truly had time to think about what her intellect allowed her to understand before its back to the emotion and peer pressure of the environment she resides.

to sprulocks credit i enjoyed this and the other parts of the series ive watched. as unbiased enough to still get ratings id say.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Here's a link for those who havent seen it. Watch this account, the rest will probably be put up shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZmU0If_QrU

Thanks. My dad wants to see it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#38]
bump

another replay of the show at 11pm EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
snip all your posts

thanks for the inside view, kinda neat hearing things first or second hand as compared to what we all saw on tv.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I think its our job is to take an anti 2nd out shooting, hopefully they don't break into tears like the chick in the show. Once someone has fun, which she did look like it towards the end of the show. They will be converted. Maybe not that easy but its a start.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I just finished watching the show. I have to say Im happy with the out come.
Some peoples minds just need opening a bit is all
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fail.

+1

+2.  Never even mentioned them.  They kind of glossed over it by stating that gun dealers had to keep extensive records and what-not...
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top